View Full Version : DID-DID

stiff tip
06-29-2009, 03:48 PM
ANY anyone see the blitz go by on sat morn at race pt????..:shocked:.. i did !!! we 4 hit hot spot at dawn along with 40 other hopefulls ....:cheers:.. as the sun began to rise ,the birds bait and bass made a dash to shorewithin casting range .i watched as every man to my left would hookup.on my first cast:fishin: a 19lb bass swollowed my needle fish .with all the 10 and 11 ft rods and almost everyone on fish ,there was a few tangles under tight conditions . as i tryed to unhook my fish it took me maybe 2min when i got back to fishing it was over:confused::confused::confused: i asked flap how he did but he was the guy tangled up:yak5:.i asked john how he did ?? he was hooked up to a seal:shocked: then i asked ryan smith what happened and he said..when i made my cast the fish were braking everywhere:hidin: , but when my plug hit the water the fish were gone:jump:u gotta love it .......

Raider Ronnie
06-29-2009, 04:19 PM
Tuna fishing was very slow sat, so some of the charter fleet that I know of were bailing large bass over there.

capecodder
06-29-2009, 04:31 PM
Hit it by boat off Peaked Hill. Got there about 6:15am, 12 or more bass 30-36" on butterfly jigs and fin s fish. Great morning. Left at 10am before the fog rolled in.

JohnnyD
06-29-2009, 04:40 PM
Anyone get caught up in that quick moving fog that came along just before noon near the Ranger's station?

My friend who's boat I was on mentioned "hmmm... looks like we got some fog a ways off." Minutes later we noticed all the boats around us were screwing off and the fog was practically on top of us. We decided to quit trolling and bring the plugs in and scoot, as we brought them in, we doubled up. By the time we got the fish in the boat, we couldn't see 20' in front of us.

First time I experienced fog move in like that so quickly in the middle of the day.

RIROCKHOUND
06-29-2009, 05:24 PM
was it slack tide...?

JohnnyD
06-29-2009, 05:38 PM
was it slack tide...?

I think it was before slack.

Flaptail
06-29-2009, 05:49 PM
It was a circus.

Raven
06-29-2009, 05:52 PM
then your the Ring Master....:hihi:

JohnnyD
06-29-2009, 06:15 PM
It was a circus.

Yes, yes it was. One of the people on our boat almost got a fly to the face as a guy was making huge back casts in all the congestion. He looked right at us before he started casting. The fly came right past the rail and would have hit her in the head if she wasn't laying down.

The Iceman 6
06-29-2009, 06:42 PM
You guys are killing me. I'll be up on Wed for 12 days.

Back Beach
06-30-2009, 04:46 AM
It was a circus.

Sounds like the outer cape version of the canal...:doh:

piemma
06-30-2009, 05:12 AM
It sounds like the circus we had in Narr Bay for a month.

Now that all of the bunker are gone there are literally no boats on the water. I was out yesterday and ran into Jonas. We pretty much had the Bay to ourselves. FAC and pulling tide.:walk:

HESH2
06-30-2009, 06:13 AM
will be there with iceman 6 for weekend.hoping fish will be there and not a zoo.

capecodkid
06-30-2009, 09:57 AM
I drove by it on the boat but I was after tuna and didn't care much about the bass so I didn't bother stopping. Their certainly was a lot of surfcasters though.

Swimmer
06-30-2009, 10:21 AM
I feel bad for you guys. I hope your not to exhausted to fish for the ret of the season.

2na
07-01-2009, 07:45 AM
it wouldn't have been so tight if you didn't squeeze yourself between me and Naked #^&#^&#^&#^&ie, but at least you asked!. Our menage-a-tangle kept us from pl#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g another one each out. Thank God you weren't a tourist.

Sunday was the same, but later in the AM, just when 3/4 of the entourage had given up. Got to keep your eyes on the water and your rod at the ready. A bonus school came through about 45 mins after the 1st one after the fainter of heart left. If the beach was open and I had my truck I would have sat there for hours waiting and watching.

Flaptail
07-01-2009, 12:08 PM
it wouldn't have been so tight if you didn't squeeze yourself between me and Naked #^&#^&#^&#^&ie, but at least you asked!. Our menage-a-tangle kept us from pl#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g another one each out. Thank God you weren't a tourist.

Sunday was the same, but later in the AM, just when 3/4 of the entourage had given up. Got to keep your eyes on the water and your rod at the ready. A bonus school came through about 45 mins after the 1st one after the fainter of heart left. If the beach was open and I had my truck I would have sat there for hours waiting and watching.

What's yer weekend look like Mikey? I'll be in the neighborhood.