View Full Version : And So Its Has Begun......

BigFish
07-06-2009, 09:53 AM
The big "Bathroom Renovation" at my house! Started some light demo this morning.....gotta work this afternoon so did not want to get too deep into it but the next 2 days will be spent gutting it to the studs and prepping for the plumbing, electrical, plaster and tile guys! Took out a small closet and the ugly sink today and it already looks better!:buds: Stay tuned if you want a good laugh through this project!:tooth:

Swimmer
07-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Good luck, I'd rather be fishing.

JohnnyD
07-06-2009, 10:52 AM
Good luck. Bathroom projects can be a serious pain.

ProfessorM
07-06-2009, 10:59 AM
Been there done that. I hate working on my house now, just ask my wife. Have fun. I take it I won't see you at the canal this week.

fishbones
07-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Good luck with it, Larry. I finished up completely renovating one of my bathrooms a couple of months ago. It took way too long and was way more difficult than it should have been. From now on, I'm paying professionals to do the big jobs. My roof is being done as I type.

BigFish
07-06-2009, 11:47 AM
I am doing demo, putting in a new window and a wider door, subfloor, durocking the walls, sheetrocking and friends who are professionals are doing the plumbing, electrical, plaster and tile!

No canal Paul!:bc:

Slingah
07-06-2009, 12:00 PM
good luck Larry....
I need to do all kinds of work on my house too....finished up the inside ...now comes the outside. Started today...powerwashing the grime & mildew. Fishing might happen in the fall.

Slipknot
07-06-2009, 12:05 PM
Well good luck with your project Larry, I'm sure you'll do a fine job.
I haven't had time to gut my bathroom yet but it is on the short list, I already have the plumbing fixtures and I made the vanity and solid surface top, the tile is paid for, now I just need some time to breathe and get it done in between estimates and cabinet jobs, I'm glad I'm working though with this economy. I think if I don't get it finished by Sept. I will be in trouble.

Fishbones, I wish more people realized just how much work it is to remodel bathrooms, maybe most wouldn't be shocked when they get the price.

Raven
07-06-2009, 01:05 PM
make it as lavish as you can afford..........

because after all- it's the room you spend
allot of time in NAKED so it should be awesome

tattoobob
07-06-2009, 07:34 PM
make it as lavish as you can afford..........

because after all- it's the room you spend
allot of time in NAKED so it should be awesome

So no mirrors Larry

Backbeach Jake
07-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Did my bathroom over last year. Hated every minute of it! glad it's over. The kitchen was much more satisfying. Good luck and have fun.

BigFish
07-06-2009, 09:58 PM
In case you missed it I had to build an outdoor shower as this is our only bathroom! It came out great and I took it for a test drive today! You can't beat an outdoor shower!!! I will post pics tomorrow! :shocked: Not of me, just of the shower and the bathroom before I really tear it out!:tooth:

JohnnyD
07-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Very few things rival an outdoor shower on a cool summer night.

vineyardblues
07-07-2009, 11:12 AM
02 cents :)
Have the tile Guy go up 5 ft NOT the standard 4ft
VB

Rockport24
07-07-2009, 01:11 PM
oh man your poor neighbors, I can see them looking out their windows and seeing you doing this :bshake:

Pete F.
07-11-2009, 07:30 PM
:nopics:
Before and after?

BigFish
07-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Took no before pics....man trust me when I say it was ugly!!! I will post some pics tomorrow of the "during" and then the finished!!!:btu: