View Full Version : Another tagged fish! This time a REWARD!

Mr. Sandman
07-06-2009, 02:01 PM
between $10 and $1000 !

Who says rec fishing doesn't pay!:D

Will send it in today.

(It was a tiny fish about 18" I caught on an ultra light set up in the surf on one of my tins.)

DZ
07-06-2009, 04:34 PM
Jim,
Hope its the big winner!

Been looking at the July photo on your calendar - making me homesick for a night on the bar. Damn that's the best shot of SW I've ever seen.

DZ

Raven
07-06-2009, 05:02 PM
here's hoping you score big :cheers:

Mr. Sandman
07-06-2009, 05:07 PM
OT:
Yeah...I recall when I passed over the point in the plane and said the same thing...Jeeez!!! look at that!, kind of clears up my mental image of what I've been casting at for 30 years. I am thinking of producing blank Cards with selected photos..(that will be one, as well as the northrip), I plan on printing up a 1000 or so to see how they do.

Been surf fishing Nantucket abunch recently and I think I am going to do the 2010 of version of Nantucket...My God the stretch of beach off Smith point is the richest body of water I think I've ever seen in terms of bars, breaks, holes, breaches, cuts, etc...it is simply a complete text book of reading the water in 300 yards of beach! It haunts me while I am (trying to )sleep at home....Really sweet surf. Has monster fish written all over it.

Hey, I am interested in joining you this (oct?) if you are headed out that way again let me know.

PS see you this fall again on MV????

DZ
07-07-2009, 04:01 PM
Jim,
Note cards with your photos would be a nice touch. I for one am always looking for note cards that are "surf fishing related".

Not looking good for a MV trip at this point. My son plays professional baseball in Austria so we're taking a trip there in September.

As far as Block goes - right now I have a full house for my week in November. If anyone bails I'll let you know.

If you get to the mainland make sure to visit us in Newport.

DZ

striperman36
07-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Professional Baseball in Austria? Really what's that about?

Mr. Sandman
07-07-2009, 07:04 PM
Baseball...The Pro Bass circuit I could understand but baseball?:tooth:

WESTPORTMAFIA
07-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Keep the tag # in case they lose it. I thought it happened to me but they found it almost a year later. You will get a $10 check and be entered into the random year end drawing. Good luck.
http://www.hudsonriver.org/sb/

DZ
07-08-2009, 07:24 AM
Professional Baseball in Austria? Really what's that about?

His team website: http://www.tigersbaseball.com/menuseiten/main.php

You'll need to read German or use a translation site to decipher.

He is player/manager of the Schwaz Tigers - one of 8 professional Austrian Teams.

Schwaz is very close to Innsbruck and right in the Austrian Alps.

DZ