View Full Version : Second stimulus????????

justplugit
07-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Yesterday, President Obama said, "a second stimulus is not off the table".
Today there is talk of another stimulus in congress.

The first one hasn't started to help the job situation, how is another one going to help? Where will the $$ come from on top of the costs of stimulus #1, Cap and Trade, and National Health-care?

Even if it were possible to borrow the money there would be no way of ever paying it back.

Time to have an open mind and start some tax cuts on business to get some new jobs going.

stcroixman
07-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Obama's ratings are slipping already. A second spending spree won't help him or us, if they remember us.

Raven
07-08-2009, 02:30 PM
i am not STIMULATED :rotflmao:

JohnnyD
07-08-2009, 03:03 PM
How could a second stimulus be justified when the money from the first one hasn't been used completely?

RIJIMMY
07-08-2009, 03:18 PM
How could a second stimulus be justified when the money from the first one hasn't been used completely?

because the only solution Democrats have is to throw money at problems! :uhuh:

justplugit
07-08-2009, 04:33 PM

JD, exactly.
I see the main problem is the current stimulus package is laden with $$$ for
social programs and hidden agendas ,such as the reserve for national health-care,
and not enough for the shovel ready jobs and infrastructure work that we were promised and needed first.

It all sounded good, what little we were able to read, but with jobs being lost by the thousands, it is not working for job creation.

I'm tired of hearing we need more time for it to work when people are suffering from lack of work and unemployment benefits running out.

Time to put politics aside ,work for the people, like they were elected to do, and come up with some solutions in a bi-partisan fashion including business tax cuts.

spence
07-08-2009, 04:41 PM
I don't think this will go very far. Pelosi is on a bender for sure, but Obama's already feeling the heat from the last Stim bill, the largest spending bill in the history of our country.

The Senate has already said no way...

-spence

justplugit
07-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Hope your right, Spence.
But Obama's got a bull by the tail with the economy and shoud be here
working on it instead of making nice in Europe.

JohnnyD
07-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Hope your right, Spence.
But Obama's got a bull by the tail with the economy and shoud be here
working on it instead of making nice in Europe.

While a rather useless organization, it's necessary for us to be there for the G8 summit.

Cool Beans
07-08-2009, 08:44 PM
With dems in trouble with their voters because of the first one, they can vote against this one, and say they stopped more wasteful spending, which will pacify many that aren't paying close attention. Harry Reid has already tipped his on on this.....

Just my thoughts

justplugit
07-09-2009, 10:39 AM
[QUOTE=Cool Beans;699341]With dems in trouble with their voters because of the first one, they can vote against this one, and say they stopped more wasteful spending, which will pacify many that aren't paying close attention.

All about shrewedness and little or nothing about integrity.

We will soon see if Obama is a true Leader, puts his agenda aside, brings people together, puts politics, power and ego aside
and is willing to be open to all ideas to get this economy back on track.

JohnnyD
07-09-2009, 11:21 AM
We will soon see if Obama is a true Leader, puts his agenda aside, brings people together, puts politics, power and ego aside
and is willing to be open to all ideas to get this economy back on track.

For a moment there, I you were talking about the last 8 years in this country.

justplugit
07-09-2009, 04:31 PM
For a moment there, I you were talking about the last 8 years in this country.

No JD, I was talking about the present possibility of Obama becoming a leader on the present economy.