View Full Version : I'm definitely convinced that my nighttime bass fishing is better . . .

BassyiusMaximus
07-13-2009, 10:55 AM
. . . right in front of a front.

This past Saturday night was looking good. Relatively calm, light wind out of the S/SW, and the bass were in the water and hungry. 2-2 1/2 hours later, the wind shifts a bit to the W and the front is coming and the fishing gets better. We get home at 1am and the rain begins followed by massive thunder and lightning.

This was the second time this has happned to me at night and now both times the fishing was the best ever.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/thundra04struck/NightBass.jpg

slow eddie
07-13-2009, 11:08 AM
you should really re-think about going to shop at wally-world.
we have a bunch of really good bait nd tackle shops in the areas.
to save a dollar, you put a lot of the little shops out of buisness.
i have no idea what you do to make a living, but imagine that wall-mart had the same service for 10% less. picture unemployment.

BassyiusMaximus
07-13-2009, 11:30 AM
I hear ya on the Wal-Mart and all the issues surrounding their practices, however, I go to my 3, very local B&T's and you'd be appalled at what they have for line available, like about nothing. With all the lures in the store, one would like to think they would have all the line in the world, both Mono AND braid, it just is not that way for some odd reason.

Perhaps it is the fact that they'd rather spool the line for you, I dunno, it is why I ask the question rather than pitch and ad for Wal Mart.

JohnnyD
07-13-2009, 12:07 PM
My condolences on catching a dogfish.:fury:

BassyiusMaximus
07-13-2009, 12:26 PM
Ha, I know, the shark was the first one caught, but thankfully, after that, nothing but bass.

I do know that the take/pickup and run is identical to the bass and that until we can shine a light on the fish, we, or at least I, have no idea what is on the other end.

Bluefish, I can tell the difference as there is chomping involved and a different run.

JohnnyD
07-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Ha, I know, the shark was the first one caught, but thankfully, after that, nothing but bass.

I do know that the take/pickup and run is identical to the bass and that until we can shine a light on the fish, we, or at least I, have no idea what is on the other end.

Bluefish, I can tell the difference as there is chomping involved and a different run.

At least you only had one. The few dogfish I've caught have been small and all of them felt like I was reeling in a tire. No fight or action.... but that could be because I have almost always foul hooked them.

BassyiusMaximus
07-13-2009, 01:31 PM
That one, and like all the dogs I catch fishing in shallow water for bass at night, all get hooked in the corner of the mouth like the bass and give a fight exactly like the bass and are better than catching nothing anyway.

And yes, good we only got one. It still has been awful to see them where I get them as there were never any before, seems like they got used to being in that water as well.