View Full Version : seal broke Stradic?

Sgt_Nutz
07-18-2009, 11:12 AM
Took my daughter out to Race Point Thursday night. While I was setting up a sand spike she took her first cast and began shouting she had one. I turned around to see her holding on for all she was worth with the line tearing out. Then about a 30" fish(I assume it was a bluefish) jumped out of the water and landed right in the mouth of a seal! Then the line really started tearing out. The line eventually broke at the knot. She is not so crazy about seals anymore of which I now noticed were all up and down the beach. My question now is about the Shimano Stradic she was using which is now very difficult to turn. Does it likely have a bent shaft? Any suggestions on a local for repairs?

Thanks

numbskull
07-18-2009, 12:32 PM
Bucko's in Fall River probably has the part (508-674-7900 I think). Can't be too difficult to swap out yourself.

P.S. Teach your daughter to fish conventional.....so she doesn't end up marrying some endomorph and giving you a lot of gay grandkids.

Sgt_Nutz
07-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Call is in to Bucko's. I took off the handle before stripping it down and it appears broken on the part that meets the bearings. Easy fix I hope. The real turns smooth as ever without the handle.

P.S. Teach your daughter to fish conventional.

Not in the budget at the moment. :( Why? Do you think I could land one of them there seals with a conventional?

Now if a Great White had then taken the seal while it was on the line....

JohnnyD
07-20-2009, 06:54 PM
I have a theory for fishing once the seals have fully infested our waters and driven any possibility of catching bass of the race.

Instead of cooler racks on the front of a truck, mount a fighting chair with a Penn 80. Live line some bluefish rigged with big game hooks in the belly and let the fun begin. "I'm sorry officer. My uncle's cousin's sister told me I could live line for sharks out here. Thought I had one."

The crispy-crunchies are going to force us off the beach eventually anyway. Might as well go out in style.

Circlehook
07-20-2009, 07:55 PM
You might want to start with a lift kit, if you want to get the yellow hornet on the beach in the first place.....

JohnnyD
07-20-2009, 09:41 PM
You might want to start with a lift kit, if you want to get the yellow hornet on the beach in the first place.....

You quiet yourself. I bum rides off the drunks to get out.

I need a truck...:wall:

ecduzitgood
07-20-2009, 11:18 PM
Bum rides out to the race??? Unless their chicks I'm not bumin anything out there.:devil2: