View Full Version : Talk About Brutal!!!

BigFish
07-19-2009, 07:08 PM
I have not fished in over 3 weeks.....not at all!! Since I got back from Cutty I have been working and working on our new bathroom!!!:wall: To make it worse I have had my brand new Hobie Kayak sitting in my back yard for almost 2 weeks and I have been unable to get out in it yet and it is killing me!!!:smash: The light at the end of the tunnel may be Tuesday as I am off and will be trying to slip out for a maiden voyage in the yak and do a little sweet water fishing!!!:uhuh: I need it sooooo bad!!!!!:fishin: Its supposed to rain Tuesday but I may not care!!!!

afterhours
07-19-2009, 07:18 PM
have fun buddy!

Van
07-19-2009, 07:25 PM
WORK IS FOR SUCKERS !!!!!!!!!!

Like you and me !!!!!:smash::smash:

Time has become my greatest benefit, and the hardest thing to find.
Using up my vacation time pretty fast and the fall run is a ways away.

Hang in there buddy I feel your pain.....:uhuh::uhuh::uhuh:

Notfishinenuf
07-19-2009, 07:46 PM
I know the feeling!I have been out a whole three times! My boat has a blown motor. With the youngest going off to college in four weeks, a new motor is not in the cards. Go even if it is raining, the fish don't care, they are already wet!

Vic

I have not fished in over 3 weeks.....not at all!! Since I got back from Cutty I have been working and working on our new bathroom!!!:wall: To make it worse I have had my brand new Hobie Kayak sitting in my back yard for almost 2 weeks and I have been unable to get out in it yet and it is killing me!!!:smash: The light at the end of the tunnel may be Tuesday as I am off and will be trying to slip out for a maiden voyage in the yak and do a little sweet water fishing!!!:uhuh: I need it sooooo bad!!!!!:fishin: Its supposed to rain Tuesday but I may not care!!!!

piemma
07-20-2009, 02:33 AM
Larry, I also feel you pain. I have been working for 19 (today will be 20) days straight straightening out my rental property after I leased it for 1 year to the dirtiest pigs I have ever met. I am also working my regular job so it has been 14 to 16 hour days. I did get out in the boat yesterday morning for an hour. NADA.

Crafty Angler
07-20-2009, 07:52 AM
Larry, I also feel you pain. I have been working for 19 (today will be 20) days straight straightening out my rental property after I leased it for 1 year to the dirtiest pigs I have ever met. I am also working my regular job so it has been 14 to 16 hour days. I did get out in the boat yesterday morning for an hour. NADA.

Welcome to my world, Paul....:wall:

My wife and I own the house in Newport that's been in our family since 1913 - built in 1840, a block from the harbor, 3 stories high...kinda like a large wooden boat

Last year I redid 2 of the apartments, tile work, paint, plastering - this year is the Year of the Exterior - paint from peak down, repair the porches and just for added enjoyment, we're hard-scaping the yard to 'cut down on maintenance'....:rotflmao:

Oh yeah, the roof is getting done this season too...

While I'm resting I work on the apartment we're in now that used to be our workspace and offices...:spin:...if I want to take a break I go to work at my job

With any luck I'll get to enjoy it for a while before the missus has to call O'Neill's Funeral Home with a pick-up order...:hs:

And somewhere in the middle of the whole catastrophe I try to fish once in a while too...hmmmm, I wonder if it's too early in the day to start drinking heavily...:gu:

Well, I suppose if you can't be handsome, at least be handy...:laughs:

Raven
07-20-2009, 08:37 AM
tie everything down..... in case you flip it

piemma
07-20-2009, 08:43 AM
Chuck, I will never complain again!

Crafty Angler
07-20-2009, 09:12 AM
Chuck, I will never complain again!

Nah, ya got good reason - rental property is a constant headache - and we've had some experiences in the past that haven't been a whole lot of fun

Don't know about your situation but living in the same building with your tenants is a whole other thing - we use rental agents but that's far from a guarantee on who you get as renters

It was a lot easier when we had the business, our apartment above and did a B&B in season and basically had the house to ourselves and the pooches 9 months a year - but it's a luxury we can't afford any more given the economy

Hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do - and there's a lot of folks with a lot worse things to grouse about these days the way things are

The Dad Fisherman
07-20-2009, 10:09 AM
Larry, I feel your pain also..

I have a laundry list of reasons why I haven't made it out.....

Been out twice this year total....one of them being Cutty.

Looks like things are leveling out so I'm looking to get out more now.

WoodyCT
07-20-2009, 10:20 AM
Can't get too hung up on the conditions or who's been doing what.

Case in point - Went out at dawn yesterday in my sandals and stood on the sand casting for an hour or so. Venus and the crescent moon were beautiful over BI Sound! Went out again at dusk with a buddy in his Grady for a while. Not a bite either time, but both were enjoyable.

Just seeing the sights and losing myself in the beauty of it all is motivation enough for me.

Now get off your BigButt !

:jump:

The Dad Fisherman
07-20-2009, 10:47 AM
Another thing you may want to try is hitting the Freshwater. I have managed to get out an hour here and there for that. You don't have to drive far or gear up just grab your rod and some lures and go...

I went out friday night around 10:30 for 45 minutes and picked up 6 fish on a Jitterbug in the dark....it was a blast....gave me the fix I needed.