View Full Version : Ambassadeur serial numbers

chuckg
07-20-2009, 12:38 PM
Several years ago i accessed a site that had Ambassadeur serial numbers and year of manufacture. can't seem to locaqte it now, any assist will be appreciated. In addition, I came across a used but practically mint Black Max 5600. Trying to figure out if the level wind is supposed to be stationary (not moving back and forth) when casting or is something missing here? Thanks

slow eddie
07-20-2009, 03:25 PM
chuck, it sounds like you are either missing the cog gear or it's broken. it should move back and forth. you will love the reel. update the bearing and drag. a real workhorse

jimmy z
07-21-2009, 03:55 AM
I had one of those years ago. The line carriage works in retrieve mode, but disengages when casting. I didn't like that feature of the reel. I don't think it had the idler gear as the other 5000-6600 reels. It's funny, I don't remember the reel to well, but I remember that feature. It moved on real fast.:)

maddog2020
07-21-2009, 05:45 AM
The level wind does NOT go back and forth on the Black Max 5600. The one I have could pass for new if it wasn't for the scratches from some one's wedding ring.

Nothing wrong with the one you have. :)

What else you have hidden away?! LOL