View Full Version : monday report

niko
07-21-2009, 07:18 AM
i've been laying low since the baby was born, and just doing short trips here and there. yesterday we had a chance to put in a little time and got a little of everything. we launched @ 2:30 and went looking for some pogies. along the way we found some bass and a few blues tearing up small bait. the action lasted an hour and we took blues to 10# and bass to 15#. we searched around for pogs through dawn and had no luck at my usual spots. there was rainbait every where and a lot of snapper blues around. we found some birds and some finicky scoolies and played w/ them for awhile. the sun was coming up quick so we headed out of the harbor and made a run to the bank. as soon as we get there there were birds, whales and bait balled up. took a few shots at them and it all ended quick. fish were popping up here and there and we did a little run and gun routine w/ no joy. these fish were smaller 60# class tunas, nice spinning rod canidates. we went east a bit looking for groundfish. after a few drops we found a good drift and started pulling cod, cusk, redfish. the redfish were like scup and it was tough to keep them off long enough to get cod. the cod fishing was a slow steady pick of fish above 10# with an occassional short mixed in. my shoulders were burning and we called it a day. big fish of the day was a 21# cod. i've never caught that many redfish before, they have like a 100% mortality rate

BassyiusMaximus
07-21-2009, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the bank report. I hope to get my family out there for some codfishing one of these summer weekends and it is good to hear they are out there all summer.

niko
07-21-2009, 01:13 PM
cod pix

freebie
07-21-2009, 07:31 PM
nice job Paul, good to see you getting some time to go out, cant wait til this wedding stuff is done and I have more time

MarshCappa
07-21-2009, 09:25 PM
As usual a good report.:kewl: I'm glad you're having a good season. Keep it up.

Van
07-22-2009, 02:52 AM
Nice !!!

And nice weather, that pic looks like your sitting in the slip its so calm.

I hate work !!!!:fury::fury::fury:
But I like money....:uhuh::uhuh::uhuh:

Raider Ronnie
07-22-2009, 06:23 AM
Nice Paul.
The ground fish found where I told you ???

niko
07-22-2009, 08:24 AM
that area was dead for me. if you want the #s give me a buzz. i'm going back out now for bass