View Full Version : Bunch a BULLSH!T

Raven
07-30-2009, 06:07 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32205139/ns/health-diet_and_nutrition/

A new study says organic food has no health advantages

what a crock....! ohhhh this makes me so mad :realmad:
i want to slap everyone who participated in this study.

WHAT about the Planet's health? was that factored in too?
I don't think so.... which is why it just lights my fuse...

When you fertilize with just nitrogen, potassium, and phosphorus
or NPK you essentially " Mine the soil " of all of the other micro elements.

Eventually this leads to deficiencies in the soil which invites insect infestations which promotes using more of the Insecticides to control the Bugs.

the use of powdered fertilizers does nothing to increase the organic matter in the soil which will hold ten times it's weight in water and keeps it from running off in a heavy downpour.
Plus they are a by product of fossil fuels which is not a good source considering our dependency on them for industry.

The Insecticides gets into our drinking water, into the ecosystem
and back into food we eat like fish which effects our health in a big way.

Just because technology hasn't caught up with the convenience
of spreading a powder doesn't mean it can't be done. The only thing they are doing is comparing the price of organic food to
non organic food without taking anything else into consideration from an environmental perspective.

Now the farmers are realizing that their huge piles of Cow manure ARE
a source of Bio Fuel so that complicates the issue as well.:uhuh:

Organic food is better for the Environment which makes it better
for us in the long run. Our only salvation is the use of mushroom spores to clean the soil of toxic accumulations.

OK, rant over.... :jump1:

FishermanTim
07-30-2009, 11:29 AM
That's why I like composting anything from the kitchen that can be.
When you explain what you will be composting to someone not experienced or acknowledges enough, they roll their eyes and always respond with "Ewwww!".

Then I show them my compost pile and they are surprised that it doesn't stink like rotting food.

My parents were against it until I gave them the above demonstation, and then it was "Can we throw this in the pile?"

Rockport24
07-30-2009, 12:42 PM
yeah I saw that too, I love how they don't mention anything about the pesticides at all...

WESTPORTMAFIA
07-30-2009, 10:36 PM
Consuming so called organic meat and milk ect according to the USDA has no nutritional benefits which I have to put my faith in. And if you do some research alot of these cows are moved from organic feeding to non and back. And you are really trusting a farmer at the end of the day. I'm only talking about consuming something with an organic label and nothing else. People think they will be healthier than their neighbor for consuming organic and it simply isn't a proven fact. But there is a proven fact which is organic costs more. Organic food is better for the Environment. I do agree with this 100% but people are way confused and buy organic because they think they will live longer and be healthy which is not true. My friends wife thinks her kid will be much healthier by drinking organic milk. According to the USDA and many other study's the only thing she is going to do is spend more money on milk.

Raven
07-31-2009, 04:10 AM
milk is full of growth hormones....

they cause fibroids in the Uterus of women at an alarming rate.

I'd have to agree with you though on the cost factor vs benefit

there are truly organic Dairy farms however.

I was watching a video about this poor boy who can eat only
ice cubes... and nothing else... having a hyper sensitivity to
all foods... he is fed artificially thru a permanent stomach tube
that enters his naval....

i think he's a product of the environment...

Bocephus
07-31-2009, 09:21 AM
definitely better for the environment, but as far as healthier for you....aaahhhhh, anyone ever heard of exercise?? If you exercise, and dont eat Chef Boy R Dee wrapped in bacon every day, you can really get away with eating alot of stuff that people tend to poo poo. That being said, there are a lot of local growers that sell organic, Ill buy that spinach and lettuce to support the farmers.

WESTPORTMAFIA
07-31-2009, 09:13 PM
definitely better for the environment, but as far as healthier for you....aaahhhhh, anyone ever heard of exercise?? If you exercise, and dont eat Chef Boy R Dee wrapped in bacon every day, you can really get away with eating alot of stuff that people tend to poo poo. That being said, there are a lot of local growers that sell organic, Ill buy that spinach and lettuce to support the farmers.

You can buy the spinach and I'll buy the Chef Boy R Dee wrapped in bacon. You may be on to something:rotf2:

Raven
08-01-2009, 04:24 AM
exercise is ok............

but i prefer it to be doing something productive.....

as the heart has a Finite number of beats

so eat beets :uhuh: or beat feets :grins: