View Full Version : If I Was Officer Crowley........

BigFish
08-03-2009, 06:50 AM
I would not have entertained all this post arrest crap that is going on!! No matter how you slice it up, it has been made into a racial profiling/racial situation and it has been proven that it in fact was not!! Crowley was simply doing his job and I feel he should not have bowed down to all this crap with a beer at the White House and how this is now being called a "teaching opportunity"!!! What a load of crap!! It is my belief that Gates is about as racist as you get and he continues to beat his own drum and he sure seems to enjoy the spotlight in my opinion!! The guy got arrested for being belligerent to the officers and now he sure is making the most of his "15 minutes"!!! When will it go away!!!:wall: These folks like Gates want racism to go away, then they need to stop perpetuating it!!!

This has been a teaching moment brought to you by BigFish! The opinions expressed here are not necessarily shared by Striped-Bass.com.:smash:

Slipknot
08-03-2009, 07:54 AM
These folks like Gates want racism to go away, then they need to stop perpetuating it!!!

yep:uhuh:
I guess he is so smart , he can't admit he was wrong.

A teaching moment huh, I hope the teacher was taught.

Dragging this out only helps Gates sell books

BigFish
08-03-2009, 08:07 AM
B-I-N-G-O!:uhuh:

The Dad Fisherman
08-03-2009, 08:14 AM
Every time Gates opens his mouth he's sounding more and more like a Pompous Ass.....Did you see the news this morning of his Book Signing on the Vineyard...cracking jokes about the whole situation. Idiot

And I would bet this situation actually brings a lot more respect to the Cambridge Police Department. Crowley did the right thing by going, being cordial, and moving on.

on the Flip side..if the POTUS asks you to the White House for a beer....you go. As much as I hated the Last Dumb-ass in Chief, If he asked me to the White House for a beer I would go and pay the proper respect to the position....

BigFish
08-03-2009, 08:45 AM
I do not pander.....I would have expected Gates to digress and apologize for being the one at fault before I accepted the invitation. Politicians are not high on my list of folks I want to have a beer with these days.

Raven
08-03-2009, 08:57 AM
if he was so smart why doesn't he know that doors swell in times of 100% humidity.....

and.....! he didn't have to fix the door himself.

courtesy to others ....especially Police officers is a way of showing how intelligent you are....

which means in reality.... he's not very intelligent

The Dad Fisherman
08-03-2009, 09:01 AM
I didn't expect anybody to apologize......they did exactly what I figured would happen......one big Non-Event.

But in the aftermath, Crowley has definitely come out as the better man and Gates has come out looking like a pompous ass trying to sell books.

From his inability to know what a Domestic beer is :hihi: to his making light about the whole thing for the cameras.....

Offshore24
08-03-2009, 09:29 AM
Crowley's superiors are probably pushing him into this whole post "event" entertainment. Who'd want to go throught this spotlight?

The cops came to my house one day when I was playing hooky from work. Seems my neighbor witnessed a strange vehicle with an even stranger driver pull into my driveway and enter my house when everyone was supposed to be out. My dogs are going nuts upstairs and the doorbell's ringing. I come upstairs and there's a cop at the door, hand on his gun, asking if I'd open the door. I asked him wha'ts up and he asks again if I'd open the door. I look over his shoulder and there are officers in the lawn and cruisiers in the steet. I figure I'll open the door and when I do he starts backing up and telling me to do something about the 75lb yellow lab that's trying to get out the door first. I tell the dog to shut-up, sit, stay, and I go out. After a few minutes of questions and ID's they go away and I get a laugh out of it. Not network news, no headlines, just another day in the life of your average american. So did I miss out on my 15 minutes?????????

BigFish
08-03-2009, 09:59 AM
Not even an invitation to the Statehouse from the useless excuse for a Governor we have????:cheers2:

Raven
08-03-2009, 10:07 AM
I didn't expect anybody to apologize......they did exactly what I figured would happen......one big Non-Event.

The best thing i saw come out of it....

Was that president Obama drank a dark beer :happy:

Budlight is dog piss

spence
08-03-2009, 10:47 AM
A highly esteemed professor is just home from a long trip (from China no less) and has a cop in his own home asking for ID.

And you're surprised that he wasn't in a good mood?

Not saying he was in the right, but geeze...

If the same thing happened here my wife would have had the cop in a headlock.

And the same professor is writing a book on race and he has the audacity to use the event for publicity?

To think...

-spence

BigFish
08-03-2009, 11:07 AM
Spence.....it was reported as a break-in and the officer needed to identify the person or persons......Gates should have been happy a neighbor saw something and called 911......if it had been a burglar Gates might have lost something and then been pissed that nobody saw anything!!!!:smash:

Raven
08-03-2009, 11:09 AM
that he was very jet lagged

a trip to china and back .... is a long one

then his front door wouldn't open :wall:

his last hurdle... and he was extremely frustrated...
not being able to open it....

But that being said....

all he had to do was say: Hello Officer
i live here and have just now returned from China...

I.d ? sure ! but it'll take me a few minutes to find it

please come in... But Nooooooooooo he had
to go off on the guy....

so he deserved what he got for being belligerent !

The Dad Fisherman
08-03-2009, 11:10 AM
No matter What Kind of mood I'm in or how pissed off at the world I am......When I get pulled over or a cop wants to talk to me I check the attitude at the door....

I'd be willing to bet anything That even as heated as things got Crowley still referred to Gates as sir.....and I'd bet Gates didn't return the favor.

BigFish
08-03-2009, 11:13 AM
I bet Gates "acted stupidly"!:rotf2:

FishermanTim
08-03-2009, 11:19 AM
And to top it off, the woman that called in the 911 call was being dragged though the mud ONLY because the "nutty professor" was having a bad day and the police wanted to cover their a$$es!

As for Mr. Crowley, I have it on good authority that he did falsify a portion of his report regarding the "event". He claimed that he had spoken to this woman when in fact he NEVER spoke to her.

She had to force the police to release the 911 tapes to prove her innocence, yet the police and the "whacky professor" were believed without a shred of proof.

Needless to say, they have every right to nail the city of Cambridge for slander and defamation of character, not to mention subjecting her family to threatening phone calls. I hope the mayor has deep pockets!

Raven
08-03-2009, 12:10 PM
No matter What Kind of mood I'm in or how pissed off at the world I am......When I get pulled over or a cop wants to talk to me I check the attitude at the door....

I'd be willing to bet anything That even as heated as things got Crowley still referred to Gates as sir.....and I'd bet Gates didn't return the favor.

no ............... he referred to him as Massa

Slipknot
08-03-2009, 12:15 PM
the report

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0723092gates1.html

BigFish
08-03-2009, 12:38 PM
I had not read the report before.....man I certainly would not have entertained the thought of having a beer with that jack-ass!!!:smash:

Raven
08-03-2009, 01:00 PM
i'll speak to your Mama outside.... :fury:

what a mouth ! :doh:

he had many opportunities it seems
:point: to check his attitude....

he chose not to be civil....

and he's the one who acted stupidly according to the report....not the officer

thanks for posting that Slipknot...

Raven
08-03-2009, 02:15 PM
for Obama to instantly side with GATES without any real knowledge of what transpired....

what does that make him ?

I'll leave that up to you......to decide

it begins with R

spence
08-03-2009, 04:37 PM
for Obama to instantly side with GATES without any real knowledge of what transpired....

what does that make him ?

I'll leave that up to you......to decide

it begins with R

No, it really doesn't.

Obama was friends with Gates from his time at Harvard and understood well his position in the race debate as well as his academic position. It's quite reasonable to think that Obama was given poor early information, as the media got the first reports wrong, and made a comment based on emotion for an old friend.

This isn't to say Obama is without fault, certainly as US President he should have been more measured.

-spence

Swimmer
08-03-2009, 07:06 PM
It a lot of poop over a non-event, non-teaching moment.

FishermanTim
08-04-2009, 10:40 AM
I stand by my earlier post - Give me the facts, not BS.

Raven
08-04-2009, 10:45 AM
No, it really doesn't.

Obama was friends with Gates from his time at Harvard and understood well his position in the race debate as well as his academic position. It's quite reasonable to think that Obama was given poor early information, as the media got the first reports wrong, and made a comment based on emotion for an old friend.

This isn't to say Obama is without fault, certainly as US President he should have been more measured.

-spence

i was unaware that Obama was a personal friend of Gates at the time he made his statement of stupidly....

it's no wonder that Gates felt so empowered to mouth off.

FishermanTim: all the facts have been provided via the arrest report link.

FishermanTim
08-04-2009, 10:58 AM
....FishermanTim: all the facts have been provided via the arrest report link.

Keep in mind, I am friends with the woman that called in the 911 call.
She NEVER spoke to Officer Crowley, yet he stated in his report that he had spoken with her at the scene. It was implied thru this report that she was the one that initiated the racial overtones of the call, when in fact she only responded to the dispatchers inquiry. She was the one that pushed to have the 911 tape released to the public. The police didn't want to do it (probably because it would exonerate her and put the blame back on the 2 main characters in this idiotic scenario: the cop and the professor).

Now the "nutty" professor is claiming that he's been receiving threats? Boy isn't it convenient that he remembered this just in time for his book signing?
My friend (and her family) had already been receiving their share of threats and ridicule, but where the hell was her justice?
I hope she goes through and sues all those responsible for the libel, slander and threats she has endured during this ordeal.
That will be a "teaching experience" for those fools!

BigFish
08-04-2009, 11:05 AM
FT....why would anybody threaten the woman that called in the 911???:confused:

Also curious....why would her name be released as the caller??? Is that public knowledge???

FishermanTim
08-04-2009, 11:14 AM
There are always those "simpletons" that believe everything they hear, without knowing if it's factual or opinion or complete farce.
When the story first broke, the reports claimed that SHE had identified the suspects as black. That just added more fuel to the fire, even though none of the facts had even been stated!
She had been getting a number of "I know where you live!" calls, which had her frightened, fearing for her life.

Keep in mind that all she did was "the right thing in that situation"!
She didn't go looking for her 15 minutes of fame like officer Crowley or Mr. Gates. She didn't hang around looking to be praised for her actions, she went on about her business.
It's funny that she is still the ONLY person in this idiotic event that would like to get her life back to normal BUT CAN'T!!!
The others could care less because they are soaking up all the fame they can.

Raven
08-04-2009, 11:30 AM
FT....why would anybody threaten the woman that called in the 911???:confused:

Also curious....why would her name be released as the caller??? Is that public knowledge???

for being a racist of course.... Obama's trying to prevent a bigger problem... of Riots... and looking to difuse the situation...

people are at their breaking point.... it's at a flash point
like texas brushland is.....right now.

she appeared on TV .....her name was plastered all over the media...

FishermanTim
08-04-2009, 11:51 AM
For the record, her name was LEAKED to the press by the Cambridge police. The POLICE reported that she racially profiled the suspects. She only came forward AFTER the media had released her name.
If she hadn't come forward and FORCED the police to release the
911 tapes SHE would be probably defending herself against some trumped up civil charge.
Isn't funny that once she was able to have the 911 call played on the air the media stopped hounding her and treating her like a social pariah?

Maybe when she sues all those that helped and allowed the libel, slander of her charatcer and threats to her person, then she'll have her 15 minutes of fame?

So let me recap again:
She is not a racist. Never had been.
She did not report any racially profiled 911 call.
She only answered the question the 911 dispatcher asked her about the ethnicity of the suspected persons.
She NEVER spoke with Officer Crowley.
She did not seek the media, the media hunted her down.
She came forward only after having her name and character slandered in the media and the public.
She had received threats to her person.

Any other questions?

Raven
08-04-2009, 11:53 AM
you'd be .....

The
Boston
Bigfish http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/ravenob1/sign-GUYS/Hat-smileyPL.png

fishbones
08-04-2009, 01:06 PM
For the record, her name was LEAKED to the press by the Cambridge police. The POLICE reported that she racially profiled the suspects. She only came forward AFTER the media had released her name.
If she hadn't come forward and FORCED the police to release the
911 tapes SHE would be probably defending herself against some trumped up civil charge.
Isn't funny that once she was able to have the 911 call played on the air the media stopped hounding her and treating her like a social pariah?

Maybe when she sues all those that helped and allowed the libel, slander of her charatcer and threats to her person, then she'll have her 15 minutes of fame?

So let me recap again:
She is not a racist. Never had been.
She did not report any racially profiled 911 call.
She only answered the question the 911 dispatcher asked her about the ethnicity of the suspected persons.
She NEVER spoke with Officer Crowley.
She did not seek the media, the media hunted her down.
She came forward only after having her name and character slandered in the media and the public.
She had received threats to her person.

Any other questions?

Why are you so up in arms about this? I've followed this and haven't seen her labeled as a racist. She hasn't been slandered in any news reports I've read or heard. If anything, she's been a sympathetic figure because she was doing what any good citizen would do if they were in the same position. She's upset because some bloggers have called her a racist. As far as I know, bloggers aren't real news people. They're just people with opinions who have access to a computer.

And how do you know she didn't speak to the officer? Maybe she lied to you. I read her quotes as saying she never told Crowley the men were black. She didn't say she never spoke to him in the interview I read.

FishermanTim
08-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Why are you so up in arms about this? I've followed this and haven't seen her labeled as a racist. She hasn't been slandered in any news reports I've read or heard. If anything, she's been a sympathetic figure because she was doing what any good citizen would do if they were in the same position. She's upset because some bloggers have called her a racist. As far as I know, bloggers aren't real news people. They're just people with opinions who have access to a computer.

And how do you know she didn't speak to the officer? Maybe she lied to you. I read her quotes as saying she never told Crowley the men were black. She didn't say she never spoke to him in the interview I read.

I should step off my soapbox for a moment, because you are right that I sound like I'm getting up in arms.

My reason for me getting so worked up begins with the thought that this woman, a good friend of mine, had been receiving threats for doing the right thing in that situation.

She had been labeled as "racist" from the very start.
The media had pinned that label from the get-go. That's where the bloggers got their fuel for the fire.
Because of these early presumptions she was perceived to have been the person that injected "race" into the event, when she clearly had not.

I believe this woman. I've known her and her husband for close to 20 years, and she is the kind of friend that you would be proud to know.
I spoke with her and her husband this past weekend, and they gave me the complete rundown of events. That included their comment that officer Crowley stated in his report that he had spoken to her, when she vehemently denied having spoken to her.

It pains me to see such a nice person have to defend herself against untruths, where the media considered her guilty until she proved her innocence in this chain of events.

Now I plan on putting this all behind me and move on to more important things in the world like Tiger Woods flatulent gold shot!:biglaugh:

Thanks for the reality check!:kewl:

Bocephus
08-04-2009, 01:45 PM
If the wingnut in the whitehouse had kept his mouth shut about his buddy, just after he said he didnt know all the facts, I dont think this would have blown up the way it did. But the media is to blame for the firestorm that followed. I cant wait until the media takes its head out of its butt and realizes they have been and are being played. Mark my words, it will happen. Nobody likes to be made a fool of, and thats exactly what the Obama camp has been doing, hell, he has even made jokes of it publicly. whats that barenaked ladies song? "Lying in Obama's bed, just like Brian Williams did."