View Full Version : Ice Fishing

Fish_n_Dive
01-29-2003, 08:12 PM
I have never been and want to go, what kind of stuff do i need, where can i get it, and where is a good place to go?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Saltheart
01-29-2003, 09:28 PM
You need tilts. Just about any tackle shop that is open in the winter will have some.

Go anywhere where the ice is safe. With shiners you'll get bass and pickeral in almost any local pond. For trout i like powerbait with a grub worm on a treble hook.
Oh yeah , you need some way to get a hole in the ice. An ice chisel is good if you don't go often. An auger is also nice , especially a gas one! :)

you also need the scoop to keep the hole open and an insulated bait bucket so your shiners don't freeze.

Fish_n_Dive
01-29-2003, 10:00 PM
Thanks

Christian
01-30-2003, 03:08 PM
BUCKMASTERS in westwood!!!!!! go there, big pickeral, bass, sunnies, perch, trout, everything! your in newton so its not that far, but seriously, 2 weeks ago i got a 24" pickeral while setting up my tip-up (tilt) and a bass the same way. im going there again probally this weekend, maybe friday.
i have a chizz and it works really well. it cost me $20 and i always beat my friend who's on the hand auger to the water.

JohnR
01-30-2003, 03:14 PM
BUCKMASTERS in westwood!!!!!!

Ahhh - Memories. I haven't been there in twenty years but that was the hot place then too :D ...

Fish_n_Dive
01-30-2003, 04:48 PM
where do u guys get your gear? the only store that sells fishing stuff is MVP:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

Christian
01-30-2003, 05:25 PM
depends, natick out door, tropic land, ebay.

Mr. Kav
01-31-2003, 09:51 AM
i grew up fishing buckmasters . i was able to walk to it from my parents house growing up. nice to hear people fishing it.