View Full Version : Striped Bass with Lime

DZ
08-05-2009, 08:48 AM
The simple act of tying on my spiked soles forms beads of sweat on my forehead - they slowly drip into my eyes. I head out into the moonlight with a plug bag full of fluorescent limes. I stand on a favorite perch, now thoroughly drenched, and cast a Tagger Spofford lime. As my retrieve brings it closer to the strike zone I anticipate the take... but still it surprises me. Almost too easy I slide two teen fish into the bubble weed on consecutive casts. Time to experiment - I clip on a gift from Canalman - another lime - a jumbo. First cast and I can see it splash down. It slides along the glassy moonlit surface like a mini kayak. I see the blow-up a micro-second before I feel it - water everywhere. My rod loads - the VS yields line - then nothing. I retrieve the jumbo lime now covered in salad. No damage to the hooks. I let fly once again - it lands - I see the wake - the water erupts. God I love this game.

DZ

Crafty Angler
08-05-2009, 08:53 AM
Nothing like a little action in the moonlight after the long walk, eh...;)

Sea Dangles
08-05-2009, 11:20 AM
I threw lemons;

but I got lemonade!!!

numbskull
08-05-2009, 11:21 AM
Do me a favor. Invite Eddy down there to go fishing with you..........so all the fish will come up here instead. :uhuh:

Flaptail
08-05-2009, 12:38 PM
Do me a favor. Invite Eddy down there to go fishing with you..........so all the fish will come up here instead. :uhuh:

Good idea!:uhuh:

SeaWolf
08-06-2009, 08:51 AM
lime - dennis, are you still mentally on block yesteryear, but physically in newport modern day?

DZ
08-06-2009, 09:40 AM
lime - dennis, are you still mentally on block yesteryear, but physically in newport modern day?

Seawolf,
Block is always in the back of my mind. Flourescent Lime plugs are still as effective today as they were when someone stumbled onto the color at a block island hardware store 25 years or so ago.

DZ

milo
08-06-2009, 05:47 PM
yes........lime is a GOOD color this week:jump1:

Tagger
08-07-2009, 03:55 AM
Those Spofford knockoffs are faster sinking than I'd make them myself .. Thanks for the lesson Dennis .. glad they are catching ,..