View Full Version : Anyone getting Derby fever yet?

Tunabreath
08-05-2009, 02:13 PM
I know it's a way off but I've been reading "The Big One" so the fever is starting a little early. I usually fish from my 19'cc based out of N. Falmouth but this year I'd like to plan a stay on the island, hit the surf hard and soak of the atmosphere. I'm debating a stay at the MV campground but thinking that may get stale fast. Anyone have any suggestions? I'll definetly be ferrying my truck over, canal bike and maybe my kayak. This will be my first time fishing the island from shore so I dont know what I'll need but I want to start planning now. Thanks for any help and suggestions and hope to meet up with some of you guys over there! Chuck

JohnR
08-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Love the Derby. I don't get the fever though, I usually get the depression because I can't go...

beaver
08-05-2009, 03:45 PM
I got it bad. This is the first time I can go over for an extended period of time. College always seemed to get in the way of my plans but that's over now. Going for a week starting the 19th. Planning on a combo of boat and surf stuff.

Tunabreath
08-05-2009, 04:27 PM
beav, where are you staying?

MVbluefish
08-05-2009, 04:37 PM
The pinnacle of the year no doubt!
As we say locally...
Pray for September

Squid kids Dad
08-05-2009, 06:46 PM
I have the fever already..Going over for 12 days...:love:

Surfpirate
08-05-2009, 08:54 PM
have 2 weeks booked and a daily countdown posted

beaver
08-06-2009, 11:33 AM
beav, where are you staying?

About 200 yards from the ramp in Tashmoo. Pretty cool when you can back the trailer down all the way from the house. 18 Boston Whaler, gimme a shout if you see me.

nightfighter
08-08-2009, 12:34 PM
I am trying to figure out when I am going.... But with the fall Cutty trip cancelled, I am definitely going.

rickhern
08-08-2009, 01:29 PM
I have a house in Edgartown from sept 28 to oct 5. Looks like I may have a few spots available. PM me for details.

BasicPatrick
08-09-2009, 12:31 AM
I have the fever already...but it is normal for me to start to think about what this year will bring during the hot days of summer...The Basic Fishing Shack will be open for two weeks...from the last sunday in sept til Sun oct 11

rphud
08-09-2009, 07:23 AM
Must beat the Italians, must beat the Italians........

and land the bones this time! (that still hurts)

rphud
08-09-2009, 07:35 AM
Gotta have motivation to complete "Astronaut training"!

Mr. Sandman
08-09-2009, 09:57 AM
My son has his hat color picked out and wants me to pick up the pins this week. (They are already on sale at the local shops).

I have to tell you I will be really looking forward to it. The Obama fever is already in high gear. The attorney general is here now with lots of brand new black suburbans along with a winnebago. Ferries are unloading more black suburbans every day, it is amazing that GM could go BK with all those sales. (I have spoken to a few of the SS folks briefly that made camp near my boat and they are very nice people actually, extremely polite I might ad and happy to be here) But it will get alot worse before it gets better. Oprah will be here for two weeks along with Gates (the black man who was arrested in Cambridge) also a host of other "Black Elite" (they hate that term...but it is so true). Also it is a very strong rumor that Chelsie will be getting married here during that time. It that really happens I will have to go into lock down mode and stay home and make plugs and lures for the derby and not go outside at all.
They will take over this place for two weeks and it will be zoo. I really wish they would vacation elsewhere. I am sure some profit from all this but it will be difficult while he is here. It is extending the summer...usually, the summer ends here around the 17th of Aug. Laborday is dead here everyone has left for school. With him arriving the last 2 weeks of the summer many will stay to be apart of his vacation.
He will be staying at the old Fisher compound (he died in a plane crash with his wife and daughter a few years ago leaving the island.) I think it is called blue heron farm now. I think it rents for 50K a week or so. Must be nice to be able to piss that kind of coin away...while I am fretting over spending "a lot" of money on a new pair of waders for the derby.:confused:

rphud
08-09-2009, 01:27 PM
The coin that is getting pissed used to yours, mine and ours before Arpil 15th of last year. Either that our they just printed up some. $50k per week will pail in comparison to the bill for the Black Suburabans and their inhabitants being on island for the 2 weeks.

Please remind us when they will be on island so we can stay off.

p.s. Those folks (SS agents that is) are probably the most professional and courtesous people on earth. At least of the "professionals" that they let out in public (if'n you know what I mean). Of course they are checking you out and sizing you up every second they see you.

BigFish
08-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Nope. I stay away from crowds.:hidin:

Swimmer
08-09-2009, 04:59 PM
I signed up at the derby booth at RISSA, # 3434. Came home with the pin and my wife had a bird. I picked out a purple hat at RISSA for my wife and she wore it at the canal yesterday. I was pleased with that turn of events.

Will be there from the 5th to either the 17th or 18th this year.

nightfighter
08-12-2009, 11:42 AM
Oct 4 to Oct 11 at the Basic Fishing Shack!