View Full Version : Stiffy called from Alaska

Flaptail
08-07-2009, 09:19 PM
He was just getting on the cruise ship for the last leg of his Alaskan fishing/cruising vacation.

His best was 37 fish in one day. A mix of silvers, pinks, chums, dolly varden and rainbows. He hooked a vey large salmon (thought to be a king) on his 8 wt flyrod which promptly disposed pf all his fly line and backing. One of the guys that went with him landed a 52 pound king.

He is now on the cruise down the inward passage to British Columbia.

He said that there were lots of bears, and moose up the kazoo and sleeping was a problem as it doesn't really get dark yet, 22 hours of sunshine. temps in the 60's during the day and 40's at night.

He will return with pics next Saturday. Says hi to all!

numbskull
08-08-2009, 07:14 AM
He said that there were lots of bears, and moose up the kazoo and sleeping was a problem

Typical Stiffy. If he spent less time up animals kazoo's he'd have gotten a king salmon ,too.

ProfessorM
08-08-2009, 11:08 AM
I was just thinking of him yesterday while I was pedaling the canal before sun up. Thought I saw him and then remembered he was in Alaska. Sounds like he is having fun on the trip of a life time.

Swimmer
08-09-2009, 05:04 PM
I was just thinking of him yesterday while I was pedaling the canal before sun up. Thought I saw him and then remembered he was in Alaska. Sounds like he is having fun on the trip of a life time.

Peddling the canal before sunrise is the trip of a lifetime for some.