View Full Version : The Right to Leave......

Bernzy
01-30-2003, 09:42 PM
The Right to Leave......

After hearing that the state of Florida changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her face covered. I believe this is even more appropriate. Read on, please!

This is an editorial published in a Tampa newspaper:

IMMIGRANTS, not Americans and Canadians, MUST ADAPT. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture.

Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans and Canadians. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to North America. Our population is almost entirely comprised of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.

This idea of America or Canada being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans and Canadians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle.

This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!

"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture. (God keep our land, Glorious and free)

If Stars, Stripes and a Maple Leaf offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam or Beavers, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. These are OUR COUNTRIES, our land, and our lifestyle.

Our First Amendment and in Canada, the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, gives every citizen the right to express his or her opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flags, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great American and Canadian freedom:

THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

Remember - People were supposed to leave their countries and come to North America to make a BETTER life - NOT - continue the one they just had.

capesams
01-30-2003, 10:08 PM
ok I'll b the first ginnie pig to post a reply, we do have free speech. I agree.

Clammer
01-31-2003, 12:25 AM
Amen & then some@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

gilligan
01-31-2003, 01:29 AM
we need as a country to become one. learn or teach any language you want but learn english and read "the bill of rights,declaration of independence" and know there signifigance.without a doubt i think anyone who wishes to become a citizen needs to pass the mcas.we shouldn't be concerned with our high school kids because ill be damned if i havent seen a gentleman right off the boat from a third world nation takes a job from my cousin/uncle/friend because he works cheaper. im all for equal opportunity but we have to stop undeserved,unearned compensation for those who have substandard training i bust my b**** every day but im not sure if i can get a home loan. but if i was of an ethnic background or unable to speak english, i 'd bet i would have no issue getting a mortgage.my grandpa immagrated here to escape Benito Mousilinne (sp?) and i know that man would be proud of me and my dad for serving the navy. GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS . ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL?

MountainBreeze
01-31-2003, 07:57 AM
Here! Here! :cheers:

JohnR
01-31-2003, 08:21 AM
I agree with 95% of that. This country is and should continue to be the land of the free but there are a few rules that must be adhered to...

English as a PRIMARY language, (not the ONLY language as a secondary language should probably be required for school kids like spanish, french, itatlian... it does help expand ones thinking)

No free handouts - a helping hand with some clear & strong strings attached

If you're gonna be here for more than 3-4 years - you gotta become a citizen. It sickens me when people take advantage of all that America has to offer, milk it dry, do NOT participate in becoming an American, then leave when its no longer convenient

... Well I could go on & on but I won't...

So, am I a democrat or a republican :D ?

schoolie monster
01-31-2003, 01:05 PM
I really don't want to get into the politics, but isn't a driver's license supposed to be "indentification"? I would think we would need to see someone's face in order to indentify them. Otherwise why put a picture on at all.

The bottom line is that our laws and our culture should not be changed unless it is for the good of the people, not person. We can't bend over (backwards) everytime someone shows up with a new complaint. As hard working productive people, we bend over all the time as it is.

I guess I can go to my next license renewal with a f'n bag over my head and if they don't allow me to wear it, I'll sue.

I agree. You come here, you adapt to our laws and our culture, not the other way around.

Brooksie
02-01-2003, 11:16 AM
I can't believe they would issue a drivers liscense with the persons face covered, what is the point.