View Full Version : Lost Gear

Chris in Mass
08-20-2009, 09:04 AM
Took an one timer (out of stater) to the NR last night. Gave him some of my second string gear. The belt was a Surfcaster belt with the fold down clasp. Well, needless to say it came undone - gone. Had a three tube BW bag attached. I believe it had two Bombers, Yozuri swimmer, MegaBait swimmer, two bucktails and a Tatto or BM danny (or A40) style swimmer. Also had an Aquaskinz eel bag attached with about 6 eels in it. It's probably in Europe by now, scattered to the four corners. But if you found this sad rig still together, hope you used the eels! I'm pissed if it was one of my BM's though. Would be interested in bartering for the BM (sniff, sniff).

piemma
08-20-2009, 01:58 PM
OK, so I just assumed everyone knew this but I'll post it again.

If you are wearing a surf belt like the one described in the above post there is a simple, very inexpensive solution to stopping the buckle from opening.

Simply take a wire tie, put it on the belt and secure it so it is just bigger than the buckle closed. Put the stupid belt on and slide the wire tie over the buckle. Bingo, the buckle cannot open until you slide the tie off.

Joe
08-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Well, at least the one-timer did not go out with tide.

Redsoxticket
08-20-2009, 03:02 PM
Flip the belt 180 degrees and suck in your belly when you need to open and close the buckle.
Wire "may" end up cutting your waders
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

RIROCKHOUND
08-20-2009, 03:04 PM
Flip the belt 180 degrees and suck in your belly when you need to open and close the buckle.
Wire "may" end up cutting your waders
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Plastic wire tie = Cable tie, not wire... one of the good tricks I picked up from PI...
also, have a bigger belt and I tie the tag end in a loose overhand know...

Chris in Mass
08-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the PM "The Iceman 6". I sent a PM.

Joe, We were safe, and the "one timer" got a good surfcasting experience and enjoyed every minute. He just hit the clip with his hand without realizing it.

For those giving how to wear gear tips - thanks also. I moved on from this belt long ago. Collecting dust under many other things. If it was my main belt, I assure you I would have been more cognizant of the issue and how to fix - I can use duct tape, wire ties and velcro with the best of them.

Now, back to the plug :crying:

MAKAI
08-20-2009, 09:45 PM
use 2 inch dive belts, never ever pop open.