View Full Version : Scumbags Caught!

Swede
08-22-2009, 03:08 PM
MARSHFIELD — Two men face felony charges after police and harbormaster officers nabbed them for allegedly stealing expensive fishing gear off boats in a Marshfield marina.

Paul A. Young, 41, of 150 Arnold Road, Marshfield, was arraigned in Plymouth District Court on Friday. The man who allegedly drove a getaway boat, Michael Nichols, 37, of 55 Wapping Road, Kingston, will be summonsed to court.

The Marshfield harbormaster’s office and police received a call around 9 p.m. Wednesday from a boat owner at Green Harbor Marina reporting a man, later identified as Young, taking fishing rods from another boat.

The caller said he confronted the man, knowing that the boat wasn’t his. The caller said Young then jumped into a waiting boat and sped across the harbor. The man driving the boat was later identified as Nichols.

Police say the caller chased the two men across the harbor, while he was on the radio reporting the alleged crime.

Young and Nichols sped toward one a float at the town pier. Here, three witnesses who were fishing said they saw Nichols get dropped off with the rods.

Young continued on to the launch ramp, where he was confronted by assistant harbormasters John Toomey and Edward Vacha. The two officers found six more fishing rods in the bottom of Young’s boat, along with a cooler and fishing net.

The assistant harbormasters said Young panicked, dumping the equipment into the water.

It was later determined 11 rods had been stolen from three boats at the marina, including five tuna rods valued at more than $800 each.

Harbormaster Michael Dimeo said his office, a division of the police department, does not take such crimes lightly.

Young was charged with five counts of trespassing, 13 counts of larceny more than $250, three counts of breaking and entering a motor boat in the nighttime – the latter being a felony. He was later charged with violating the town’s “no wake” bylaw and for driving with a suspended motor vehicle license and an unregistered boat trailer.

Nichols faces three counts of breaking and entering a motor boat in the nighttime, 13 counts of larceny more than $250, and five counts of trespassing.

READ MORE about the Marshfield boating scene.

tynan19
08-22-2009, 04:00 PM
It is a great to hear they got caught. Congrats to the good samaritan who didn't give up the chase.

animal
08-22-2009, 05:19 PM
I love a happy ending.:smash:

afterhours
08-22-2009, 05:43 PM
thieves suck! :smash:

Stripersurg
08-22-2009, 06:04 PM
Awesome, glad they caught those A-holes.

JohnnyD
08-22-2009, 06:35 PM
Good.

Too bad the POS dumped the gear over the side.

WESTPORTMAFIA
08-22-2009, 08:15 PM
Imagine being that old in life and being such a loser. I bet OC'S or Dope had something to do with it.

FishNH
08-22-2009, 08:30 PM
hope they get the book thrown at them

MAKAI
08-23-2009, 09:12 AM
I am all for a trench. and one in the back of the head, once a thief always a thief,

tinyboatbigfish
08-23-2009, 07:37 PM
well guys the six rods found had to get brought up by a diver i was one of the witnesses that was there and this guy was a true scab the cooler floated to me and i retived it by casting for it im glad people like this get caught.
:fury:

scoobe
08-23-2009, 07:41 PM
scumbags

FishermanTim
08-24-2009, 10:06 AM
I say they dress them both in seal costums and make them go wake boarding down off the cape. Who's in for a little Great White air action?

MarshCappa
08-24-2009, 11:31 AM
What total losers!:smash: Marshfields finest come up with a good catch. They picked the wrong harbor to rob that's for sure. Well protected and some good officers there and plenty of samaritans with a lot of salt on their skins.

saltyric
08-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Hang em'........

DJ Muller
08-24-2009, 03:03 PM
That was some good work! Excellent!

InTheHole
08-24-2009, 03:11 PM
I have met quite a few of the fishermen down there, those dirt bags are lucky it was the harbor master that got to them first

Saltheart
08-24-2009, 07:14 PM
I love to hear when they get caught. Too few get caught though. I'm curious what the penalties will be.

jasonsnova
08-25-2009, 06:51 AM
glad they got caught! i wonder how many rods were not recovered? this is something you'd expect to see come from a 18-20 yr old not guys in there 30's and 40's.... goes to show no age limit on scum!

Raven
08-25-2009, 09:11 AM
i want to hear what they found at their house and garage!

Glad they caught them Bastages... Hallelujah ! :happy:

Guyver
08-26-2009, 02:10 AM
Anybody find any pictures of these guys? They should be added to this thread.

Raven
08-26-2009, 04:53 AM
Anybody find any pictures of these guys? They should be added to this thread.

i agree............they were caught RED handed