View Full Version : Lost gear at the narrow river.

JFigliuolo
08-26-2009, 07:33 AM
If by some miracle anyone finds a green plugbag and/or an abu 6501 on a cabelas rod. I'd be MIGHTY gratefull for it's return. Someone errr... ok... me... turned turtle coming back in. Like a moron I did not have my stuff properly secured. :smash::smash::smash:

Raven
08-26-2009, 07:46 AM
that sucks J

sorry to hear that... maybe an out rigger is in order

i like Hobie's concept bigtime where it extends out to the side
and then can be retracted ......

you can buy those separately...

JFigliuolo
08-26-2009, 08:01 AM
nah... It was my own damn fault. I KNEW I should have come in backwards and lashed my gear. I was over confident and learned an expensive lesson. Turned out to be about a $300 yard sale when you add up rod/reel and all the incidentals. I spin my own wood so that REALLY cut the loss WAY down. Alot of those plugs had some serious mojo going on though and a few had some sentimental value. I'll miss them...

I just hope IF someone finds them, they fish them and have the same luck I had w/them. They still had alot of fish left to catch.

All I really would like back is the bag (my mother custom made it a few years ago) and the rod/reel. Slim to no chance of that though.

SweetD
08-26-2009, 08:20 AM
I just hope IF someone finds them, they fish them and have the same luck I had w/them. They still had alot of fish left to catch.

All I really would like back is the bag (my mother custom made it a few years ago) and the rod/reel. Slim to no chance of that though.

Hey you never know - I find a lot of plugs. lures, etc. down there. I boat / fish / beach it out of the River, and will certainly keep my eyes and ears open for your stuff...found a fully intact rod and reel in the shallow surf last year...

Dave

piemma
08-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Hey J:
Wish I had know. I would have run down in the boat this morning and looked around. Sorry man. Hope you get the bag back.

You would be surprised at what shows up on the Bar on a Moon low tide. One year my brother-in-law and I were there and he found a Mini-Koto trolling motor half buried in the bar. It was like band new!

JoeBass
08-26-2009, 09:50 AM
I hope you get your stuff back. I left a creel next to a pond...realized it was gone and went back an hour later. Gone. It was from my grandfather and it was old when he had it. Ran ads and everything. No luck. I hope you have better luck.

slow eddie
08-26-2009, 10:10 AM
i would be out there at low tide to see if you can get lucky. one never knows.

shadow
08-26-2009, 03:56 PM
i would be out there at low tide to see if you can get lucky. one never knows.Hell yea during the day you might just get lucky.