View Full Version : Rockport/Newburyport info.

PaulS
08-27-2009, 11:57 AM
The wife wants to go visit and I'm thinking of taking her the 2nd weekend in Sept. Isn't plum island right outside Newburyport? Prob. drive through Glouster and Marblehead as I use to go there when I was young. I'll prob. not be fishing as leaving her alone might not be good for my health. Any info./suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!

Finaddict
08-27-2009, 12:00 PM
Gloucester and Rockport are about 45-60 minutes from Newburyport ... PI is just outside or NBPT ... and a nice place to visit. try to keep a rod packed in the back of your car regardless of whether you are at PI or Gloucester/Rockport ... never know when it will come in handy that time of the year ...

nightfighter
08-27-2009, 12:03 PM
PM me Paul. I can help with stuff to interest/distract her here in town, and you and I can go fish.

FINnie
08-27-2009, 12:49 PM
you have to go to plum island. Its great there, the beaches are great and if she feels the need to try and fish there is a charter out of there. Its 2.5 hours for stripers. poles bait rigs and deck hands for 35 bucks! My gf got me it for my bday and it was great. its called Captain's fishing Parties. They even clean the fish for you. its short and real cheap. check it out www.captainsfishing.com. and even if you dont wanna fish, pack a lunch and have a picnic on plum island great place!

Rockport24
08-27-2009, 02:40 PM
happy to help with any gloucester/rockport info :D