View Full Version : Penny Away

striperman36
08-27-2009, 12:46 PM
Brad Penny asked for and was given his release today by Red Sox management. This leaves room for the next rehab candidate Billy Wagner who will be in uniform tonight.

Maybe he'll end up with JS in the NL.

The Dad Fisherman
08-27-2009, 01:06 PM
:happy:

Penny throws a steady diet of fastballs....there aren't to many major league hitters that can't figure out what to do with those...

Backbeach Jake
08-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Dad , a fastball pitcher in the American League should be pitching home run derbys, in the Al you have to possess a big toolbox or you'll get shelled. In the NL you can throw hard and get away with it. I'm not sure why, but that's how I see it..

The Dad Fisherman
08-27-2009, 08:29 PM
I think we're on the same page :hee:

fishbones
08-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Dad , a fastball pitcher in the American League should be pitching home run derbys, in the Al you have to possess a big toolbox or you'll get shelled. In the NL you can throw hard and get away with it. I'm not sure why, but that's how I see it..

You got it. A right handed pitcher with a 93 MPH fastball with no movement and a very below average curveball isn't gonna cut it in the AL. Especially in the AL East with so many good lefthanded hitters. He was very good when he first came up because he was consistently throwing 97 to 98 and could blow people away in the NL.

He'll probably go back to the NL and do all right, like Smoltz.
Smoltz didn't give up a run and struck out 10 in 5 innings in his first start for St. Louis.

The Dad Fisherman
09-03-2009, 11:00 AM
The Dude pitched 8 Shutout innings last night for the Giants......

striperman36
09-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Freaking amazing