View Full Version : Closing beaches

UserRemoved1
08-29-2009, 03:58 AM
WTF is with this "beach is closed to all because of a storm" bull%$%$%$%$

Jenn
08-29-2009, 08:22 AM
because people are stupid and will get themselves killed ......

Maybe I should go take my meds now:smash:

Adam_777
08-29-2009, 08:49 AM
if people are that stupid and oblivious to the conditions I say let them swim we may benefit in the long run.Cleaning up the gene pool.

The Dad Fisherman
08-29-2009, 08:54 AM
Its also the Parents that are stupid....That 7 year old that got killed last weekend not because she didn't know better...but because her parents were idiots

JohnnyD
08-29-2009, 10:21 AM
if people are that stupid and oblivious to the conditions I say let them swim we may benefit in the long run.Cleaning up the gene pool.

Agreed.

BigFish
08-29-2009, 11:21 AM
I have been to Thunder Hole in Acadia......it can be cordoned off in storm situations and closed due to the obvious dangers in that spot and I guarantee it was closed and those people with that 7 year old girl ignored the closure and the signs and went where they should not have been and for their stupidity that 7 year old girl paid with her life. Thats what people do.......they are stupid and ignorant and need to be treated as if they are stupid and ignorant to protect them....often times they are beyond stupid and ignorant and they cannot be protected from themselves and ultimately will pay for it with their lives or someone elses!!!

JohnnyD
08-29-2009, 01:42 PM
Thats what people do.......they are stupid and ignorant and need to be treated as if they are stupid and ignorant to protect them....often times they are beyond stupid and ignorant and they cannot be protected from themselves and ultimately will pay for it with their lives or someone elses!!!

I've said this before and I'll say it again:

I don't need the government telling me what I can or cannot do when it comes to my personal safety. Providing warnings is fine, but I already had parents, I'm a big boy now.

If someone sees crazy surf and they decide they want to tempt fate, so be it. If they die, it was there life to lose. Humans are the only species where the weak are allowed to survive and nurtured. Let the idiots kill themselves off and the whole world benefits.

BigFish
08-29-2009, 02:21 PM
Unfortunately JD that 7 year old girl needed to be told and her parents did not heed the warning. Its just a shame when such things happen. Often times when they do JD......folks like to sue the local, state or federal entities because somehow they feel it was their fault.

Plum Crazy
08-29-2009, 03:23 PM
Last week(on Plum Island) during Hurricane Bill they closed the beaches at noontime. Coming up on high tide. They threw everyone off the beach and stationed police at every path that led to the beach.
Just when the birds were cranking on the sandbar.
Some of us had no intention of going "in" the water but because there are so many STUPID people the rest of us had to leave.
There wasn't any danger from the waves but the undertow and rips were incredible. The bass were loving it.

JohnnyD
08-29-2009, 06:12 PM
Unfortunately JD that 7 year old girl needed to be told and her parents did not heed the warning. Its just a shame when such things happen. Often times when they do JD......folks like to sue the local, state or federal entities because somehow they feel it was their fault.

I completely understand. The signs were up and the beach was closed. Due diligence has been done. It is unfortunate that the girl died, but it is still my opinion that the government should advise and then it is the parent's call - they made a stupid one and now have to live with it.

The litigious nature of this society is the principle problem. People won't own up to their actions. Idiots have the mentality: "Something bad happened to me, it must be someone else's fault."

Also, the village should raise a child, the parents should.

Plum Crazy
08-29-2009, 06:44 PM
This is nobody's fault but their own.
Society is severly lacking in common f'ing sense.
Even me, though I love fishing storms and toughing out big waves have enough freakin sense to say "WHOA! That was too close!" I back off.
The common people just do not know what bad seas are, or look like. They just think they are cool.
It takes experience to know what certain waves do and how an undertow or riptide will effect what you are doing while in the water. I'd bet that 90% of the population have no clue.
That is why people die.