View Full Version : Now Will Never Come Again

Fly Rod
09-01-2009, 07:34 AM
Many times we loose sight of the importance of right now. Remember that now will never come again - so do not waste it. Sometimes we get stuck in the mindset of complacency. Snap out of it. Remember that now will never come again - so do not waste it. Sometime we want to hurry through things and not give it our all. Remember that now will never come again -so do not waste it . We must make the choice to be present all of the time. We must make the choice to give it our all no matter what we are doing. We must choose to change the things we do not like no matter how hard it may be.

spence
09-01-2009, 07:52 AM
Sure sounds simple don't it? :hihi:

Good words to live by for sure...

-spence

FishermanTim
09-01-2009, 10:53 AM
To coin a phrase that I find fitting:
"Don't sweat the petty things.... and don't pet the sweaty things!":biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

But seriously, many MANY people have truly forgotten how to "stop and smell the roses" as it were.
How many people do you know that can (and will) admire the wonder of a hawk in flight? Being at the right place at the right time to see a "shooting star" or meteor shower? Hearing sounds that are drowned out by our everyday lives, like a hummingbird whizzing by your head or the almost undescernable chirp of a feeding bat in flight?
Heck, how many of our kids have ever seen a firefly, or a grasshopper or cricket up close? Do they even know what they are?

I am the "crazy" uncle in my family because I do these things, and encourage my neices and nephews to join in. Most of them have no problem holding "ickky" things like worms or beetles or frogs because I taught them (what I knew) and helped replace their fears with interest and a desire to learn.

I get a kick out of some of my relatives that are so over-protective, they would willfully deny their child the right to experience things that were once considered a "right of passage" for us.
These same parents will then complain when their kids aren't doing well in school or in social situations.

Well, I rambled on long enough, now it's time to get out and practive what I preach.

justplugit
09-01-2009, 11:30 AM
But seriously, many MANY people have truly forgotten how to "stop and smell the roses" as it were.
How many people do you know that can (and will) admire the wonder of a hawk in flight? Being at the right place at the right time to see a "shooting star" or meteor shower? Hearing sounds that are drowned out by our everyday lives, like a hummingbird whizzing by your head or the almost undescernable chirp of a feeding bat in flight?
I am the "crazy" uncle in my family because I do these things, and encourage my neices and nephews to join in. Most of them have no problem holding "ickky" things like worms or beetles or frogs because I taught them (what I knew) and helped replace their fears with interest and a desire to learn.

Your not a "crazy uncle", FT, but a great one. :btu:

I bet none of us have become attuned to nature without someone taking the time and interest to teach us to look for the miracles and peace in nature when we were kids. One of the greatest gifts you could ever give.

Carpi Diem---gotta make the effort it doesn't come easy. :doh:

Raven
09-01-2009, 03:02 PM
*grin

one day i was teaching this mentally challenged CITY kid to fish
in a farm pond that unfortunately had NO fish in it at all

but there was ONE huge bull frog sitting there on a rock
so i said ....lets see if he is HUNGRY... :uhuh:

and i tossed him a worm right in front of him.........
and the frog gobbles it up pronto

then i let him try and he misses so i dangled the worm
on top of his face and he eats it....one after another
until all the worms were gone.

the KID was estactic but very afraid still of the frog
so i picked it up and held his back legs gently
and said ... go ahead and touch him

he did so ever so carefully having never met a frog before

and then he said... quite curiously

does it bite? :rotf2: i said NOPE! totally chuckling

and we proceeded to let him go...
so i placed him back upon his rock