View Full Version : The Octoberfish Crew!!

JohnR
11-17-2000, 12:13 PM
As much as Saltheart states tham I am a lousy photographer and that my pictures, well, stink, about 80% of my shots and 90% of those not including him, come out fine... Its just that the last 3 times I have taken pictures with him in the vicinity, they came out like cr##. First at the Mass Bass show in Plymouth, second, whem Saltheart got his biggest fish of the year (I think it was the years biggest) in Cohassett - that didn't come out and third time being a charm, when we got together for Octoberfish last month. So I have done what little in my power to enhance the clarity of that photo. Here goes...

From left to right;

your humble servant ;D , SchoolieMonster, Saltheart, FishPart, BillB aka LedgeLizard and Chunker of Death, and [i] CARL

This shot was taken just before sunset and a couple HOURS (sorry Slip) before Slipknot and his friend Paul showed up for Watch Hill...

The night was alot of fun and it was great to meet alot of these guys for the first time....

If there any complaints from Saltheart on the high QUALITY of this shot, I will remind him that some lady had actually taken the picture, not me :P

And if there is any more dissention in the ranks, I will need to remind everyone that I caught the largest fish of the night !!
[img=http://www.striped-bass.com/Images/evil.gif]

Saltheart
11-17-2000, 12:45 PM
I'll have to remember those hip boots make me look much slimmer than the waders!! :)

chris L
11-17-2000, 01:05 PM
John R
Sorry John thats not me . I wish I could have made it . But its not me . I will try and make the next one since this site has more of us Northern fishers . Looks like a motly crew ,surprised im not in it .

JohnR
11-17-2000, 01:24 PM
Damn!! I thought that was you! Now, I'd bet my life that his name was Chris (i am as bad at names as Salty thinks I am with pictures :P ) and I haven't taken any turns on any peace pipes that might have altered my thinking... Hmmm, looking into it...

As far as the motley crew, maybe that was why the picture is a little fuzzy. Just think, the New England Division of the Witness Protection Program. Salthearts real name is Biff Stooddlemeyer and he has been hiding from the Dragger Captian whose wife he stole :P

Ok,ok. That was CARL that was with us. Carl, sorry if I was calling you Chris that night!!

JeffH
11-17-2000, 01:42 PM
No wonder fishing was slow, those fish were scared away.............

chris L
11-17-2000, 02:22 PM
LOL at John
Maybe its the 6 most wanted by the law

Chunker of Death
11-17-2000, 03:17 PM
Oh that's a sweet pic, John.:p Maybe is was Fishparts wacky shirt that threw the pic out of focus? Salty> Oh yes you cut such a dasshing figure. Maybe you can be the January pin up dude for Surfishing Hunks In Waders calendar.......HEY JOHN! Yeah, but I caught...uh hooked....the only fish on the beach that afternoon.

Saltheart
11-17-2000, 05:19 PM
Yeah I'm in disguise , I'm really 4'11" tall and weigh 85 pounds ! Carl was at the Fall Extravaganza last year too.
As far as the picture taking goes , Despite being blurry , this is the only picture I ever saw you take that had any image at all!! :) I was hoping that one with me under the street light with the fish would come out. I wonder what the people driving by think when they see a guy standing under a streetlight holding a three and a half foot bass?

Bill B , since you brought it up .... There were about 7 million fish out there that day but they were too far out. Huge schools coming up all day long. Suddenly for about 30 seconds , a bunch came up near us and the whole groups hopes of avoiding a skunk were rested on the shoulders of the Chunker of Death with the feared Death Staff!! He was the only guy who hooked up and then he proceeded to show us why he's not called the Plugger of Death as he promptly lost the fish!! I mean , after all , you did bring it up Chuckler of Death! :)

With the tie dyed shirt , Fishpart is obviously a hippie. Probably voted for Algore. :)
Well at least with the blurr , the picture didn't show all those fish out there laughing at us that day.

Slipknot
11-17-2000, 07:15 PM
Pretty OBSCURE. must be fog on the lens or something. Nice disguise Saltheart. Where is John's pole? I only count 5.

John, you should fix your typo misspelling in the first post or if the wife sees it you may have some splaining to do :)

You don't have to apoligize John, I can't spell or type(Itype with 2 fingers) besides it was funny how it read

Fishpart
11-17-2000, 09:11 PM
I must say it has been difficult keeping up having to actually work now... I must say that I am quite offended by the accusation of Saltheart, big business don't like big government an dlike it or not that is how I eat ;)

Chunker of Death
11-17-2000, 10:58 PM
Well of course I brought it up. It's part of the healing process. Actually Salty, that was my famous PETA sanctioned release which I had perfected on all of those 30" plus fish I released in Maine. Hmmmmm, I was at the Ben & Jerry's Surfishingwear website the other day and I still can't find that Fishpart funky t-shirt. Hey, we may not have caught many fish that day but I still had a heck of a good time.

JohnR
11-18-2000, 10:40 AM
Yes, The Grim Chunker was the first one on. My fuzzy recollection on the subject reminds me that he intentionally LDR'ed (long distance release)that fish :D

But at least he had one on! The fish stayed 2 casts away axcept for twice when the dashed in close just within range. Both of those times lasted a mere 2 minutes and BillB was the only one to hook up on a fish at that spot...

Jenn
11-20-2000, 12:20 AM
Surf Hunks in Waders calender????!!??? (hey, its only fair) where do I sign up??!!! :)

Carl
11-20-2000, 02:07 PM
Yeah, that's me! John, if you did call me Chris that night, i didn't notice. I've definately been called worse! It was great meeting some new people and wetting some lines. The fish will come one of these years. My season was some what abbreviated after our baby girl was born. Believe it or not, I would trade fishing any day of the year for that little girl. John, when is yours due? Is there a record for the "youngest fisherperson"?

Carl W

schoolie monster
11-20-2000, 02:27 PM
Just to let all the ladies out there know, this picture doesn't do me justice. Somehow, between my huge waders and pullover, I look almost as big as John and Saltheart.

Better cut out the cheesburgers at lunchtime, I guess.

I'm still waiting to collect my prize money for being the first one to land a fish. Not hook a fish... actually land a fish.

Wish we could do it again this weekend, but alas, our quarry has headed south... of course, we really didn't catch much anyway...