View Full Version : SW Licenses ... updates?

Finaddict
09-02-2009, 11:45 AM
Just want to confirm that if I head down to CT to fish one of the upcoming weekends ... do I need to secure a saltwater license yet? I remember a thread discussing this not too long ago, but was unsure whether I would face trouble if I did not have one ... and what about the neighboring states ... anything yet from them?

Not in the mood to run into any trouble with Johnny Law ...

Raven
09-02-2009, 12:10 PM
yes ,,,,,,,,,in CT
not yet- anywhere else
as far as i've read.

been trying all morning to find the CT dept of fish and game
but not having much luck via google

JFigliuolo
09-02-2009, 12:36 PM
http://www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?a=2696&q=322688&depNav_GID=1630

Finaddict
09-02-2009, 12:48 PM
Thanks - surprised there's not more tackle shops selling them. Online is the way to go, which they do have ...

PaulS
09-02-2009, 01:35 PM
They are checking for licenses but not giving out any type of ticket yet. Next year the cost is going way up and I would imagine they will start enforcing it.

Finaddict
09-02-2009, 04:37 PM
They are checking for licenses but not giving out any type of ticket yet. Next year the cost is going way up and I would imagine they will start enforcing it.

Have you experienced that Paul? If I don't have to, I'd rather not get one for a trip or two this year ... the funny thing is I won't really be fishing CT waters, just heading out from CT to get to NY and RI waters ... but have to travel back through to get to the dock ...

Raven
09-02-2009, 04:39 PM
thats when they bag ya

Finaddict
09-02-2009, 05:05 PM
yeah, I know ... SW licenses, ugh

HESH2
09-03-2009, 06:39 AM
i have my ct licence but ct just got new budget to go to gov for signing.she said will not sigh but will go into effect .in that budget their suppose to be oct 1st increase in salt license and all other licenses.so if your going to get it get it asap.this whole thing is very foggy,keeps changing all the time,at this point all i know is i have mine till dec 31,2009.:wall:

PaulS
09-03-2009, 06:40 AM
Have you experienced that Paul? If I don't have to, I'd rather not get one for a trip or two this year ... the funny thing is I won't really be fishing CT waters, just heading out from CT to get to NY and RI waters ... but have to travel back through to get to the dock ...

I have not heard or read of anyone getting a ticket for not having a SW license this year.

Paul

Ps - hope your not the first.:grins:

HESH2
09-04-2009, 06:51 AM
the only people getting snagged are those who have fish over the limit,short fish or people who have no indentifician on them.