View Full Version : PETA Beach Day in Chatham

BigFish
09-04-2009, 11:02 AM
To all members of PETA....there will be a cookout at Chatham Light Beach this weekend!! All members are encouraged to attend!! All you can eat veggie burgers and veggie hot dogs with all the fixins!! Bring your swim trunks (black ones preferable) and your swim fins!!! There will be a splash marathon and all are also encouraged to participate!!:kewl:There will also be boat rides out to the Monomoy area for seal watching......there will also be a special "Swim With The Seals" event for anyone interested!:hihi: The event runs all weekend.....bring a new "chum" and as part of our membership drive you will receive a years free membership!!:bounce: This is sure to be a great time for all!! See you there!

The Iceman 6
09-04-2009, 11:52 AM
Feel free to make loud noises in the water and splash often, yellow rubber rafts and paddles are encouraged.

FishermanTim
09-04-2009, 12:11 PM
PETA's first annual seal "swim-a-thon".
come out and swim alongside the seals, show your support by dressing like one and acting like one when you're out in the water!

Next we'll have the 2nd annual Piping Plover "snipe hunt".
Make sure you dress in camo and bring a real big snipe clubbing stick!

Rockport24
09-04-2009, 12:26 PM
this thread is awesome

kenyee
09-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Help test out our new all organic, healthy for the environment sunblock made out of fish/eel slime. You can pet the seals safely because you won't rub their slime off! You'll even get licked/nuzzled by the seals because they think you're a friendly sea kitten!
:)

JohnR
09-04-2009, 01:14 PM
http://striped-bass.com/striper-fishing/images/stories/media/sharkweek.jpg

DZ
09-04-2009, 01:31 PM
I know his thread is tounge-in-cheek but I wouldn't be surprised if a few of those wackos monitor these sites. Last thing you want is them on your beaches. They've disrrupted many freshwater tournaments and have harrased fishermen in the past. Only a matter of time - be careful who you invite - they might come.

DZ

BigFish
09-04-2009, 01:34 PM
Then we will serve them as horderves'!:jump1:

FishermanTim
09-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Then we will serve them as horderves'!:jump1:

Didn't you mean to say "serve them h'orderves"? :rotf2::biglaugh::rotf2:

Maybe we can have them participate in a new "reality" show
called "Man vs. Nature" and see who wins?

BigFish
09-04-2009, 02:19 PM
Sorry FT....probably the first time I ever wrote/typed h'orderves......so.......it is what it is! Stupid French word anyway!!!:smash: At least I spelled it right!!:biglaugh:

Mike P
09-04-2009, 02:26 PM
I know his thread is tounge-in-cheek but I wouldn't be surprised if a few of those wackos monitor these sites. Last thing you want is them on your beaches. They've disrrupted many freshwater tournaments and have harrased fishermen in the past. Only a matter of time - be careful who you invite - they might come.

DZ

Somehow, I think that one look at Larry might cause them to hassle someone else :rotf2:

FishermanTim
09-04-2009, 02:31 PM
Sorry FT....probably the first time I ever wrote/typed h'orderves......so.......it is what it is! Stupid French word anyway!!!:smash: At least I spelled it right!!:biglaugh:

Don't give me that much credit.
For all I know it's spelled horse-derves.:biglaugh:
(I only know that there is an apostrophy (') in there somewhere.)

BigFish
09-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Horse-ovaries

Hoovie Doovies

Horse Dovers?????

Oh....just give me another drink!:buds:

Rockport24
09-04-2009, 02:52 PM
call if whatever you want, but I like those scallops wrapped in bacon!

Mike P
09-04-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm pretty sure that the correct spelling is hors d'ouvres

BigFish
09-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Well la-ti-da Mike!:rotf2:

Grapenuts
09-04-2009, 06:09 PM
I'm pretty sure that the correct spelling is hors d'ouvres

I remba somewhere along our family line my great great grandmother ran one of those hor d ouveres houses..even the chief of police was seen there more then once so the story goes.

BigFish
09-04-2009, 06:23 PM
I had you in mind Scott when I started it...know how much you like dem seals!!:uhuh:

MAKAI
09-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Curly calls it " Oars der vays "
in Curly we trust.

Karl F
09-04-2009, 06:48 PM
I remba somewhere along our family line my great great grandmother ran one of those hor d ouveres houses..even the chief of police was seen there more then once so the story goes.

i din't know ya had Nickerson blood in ya... ;)

old pal Bill Nickerson who moved outta chatham in the 80's told me how the Nickerson's came over origianlly...

Captain John Smith had to take a boat back for supplies after Maylfower landed..the first time.... Gov. Bradford saw him just about to sail outta the harbor, and yelled out to him... "Add Oars for the long boats, and Shieves for the Roofs..!!"

Smith yelled back..."What?"

Bradford yelled back:
"BRING OARS AND SHIEVES!"

Smith gave the high sign and sailed off...

Months later, as he pulled into the harbor..
Bradford noticed this skeevy looking people on the deck...

"Capt. Smith, did you understand I wanted Oars and Shieves?"

"Oh...sorry, I thought ya said Whores and Thieves...so I rounded up the Nickerson's!!"

:hihi:
must be true...a Chatham Nickerson told me his-self!
:D

Raven
09-04-2009, 06:57 PM
devour the whores is where it came from....LOL

Grapenuts
09-04-2009, 07:14 PM
thats not an oar thats me sister......matter o fact we got a deed goin back to gov. bradford.....hmmm!..gotta watch them nickerson's..their a greasey crew.

Medic6973
09-05-2009, 10:44 AM
After 9/11 I got activated by the reserves for a year.... We spent 3 months of it working in the subways and stations in NYC. At Grand Central Station, PETA had one of those tables set up with the tv running the video of how the cows get killed and all that. One day I grabbed a folding chair, a medium rare burger from one of the restaurants, and set up right in front of them, sat down, and me and a couple of the other guys watched some tv while we ate our bloody burgers. Talk about an upset tree hugger. When I was done I asked him if he knew where I could get some popcorn for the rest of the movie. Funny how they don't harass you and call you a murderer when you have an M-16 and a Beretta 9mm.

The funniest was on the second or third run of the tape they were looping when we were like "dude, here comes my favorite part... watch this."

BigFish
09-05-2009, 11:00 AM
Now that...is a funny story!!!! I love it!!!:rotf2::rotf2::rotf2:

Mike P
09-05-2009, 11:07 AM
i din't know ya had Nickerson blood in ya... ;)

old pal Bill Nickerson who moved outta chatham in the 80's told me how the Nickerson's came over origianlly...

Captain John Smith had to take a boat back for supplies after Maylfower landed..the first time.... Gov. Bradford saw him just about to sail outta the harbor, and yelled out to him... "Add Oars for the long boats, and Shieves for the Roofs..!!"

Smith yelled back..."What?"

Bradford yelled back:
"BRING OARS AND SHIEVES!"

Smith gave the high sign and sailed off...

Months later, as he pulled into the harbor..
Bradford noticed this skeevy looking people on the deck...

"Capt. Smith, did you understand I wanted Oars and Shieves?"

"Oh...sorry, I thought ya said Whores and Thieves...so I rounded up the Nickerson's!!"

:hihi:
must be true...a Chatham Nickerson told me his-self!
:D

I'll have to remember this for the next time that Gary sits in New Bedford Superior :rotf2:

vineyardblues
09-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Will Manzi have a thong on for this event??:devil2:

Medic6973
09-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Now that...is a funny story!!!! I love it!!!:rotf2::rotf2::rotf2:

and true...