View Full Version : What's your monthly electric usage

UserRemoved1
09-05-2009, 06:13 PM
why bother :smash:

PRBuzz
09-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Attached chart is my 3 year monthly average. I consider myself a heavy user having central air and a hot tub (biggest user). Have the chart to compare before and after installation of solar panels (data not shown).

mag minnow
09-06-2009, 04:53 AM
PRBuzz,
What did you install for panels? Did you buy a particular make or contract someone to do the install?
mm

SB,
KW hrs not sure, but Unitil Electric hits me up for about 120.-/mo in the Summer...House size is ~2.6K sq w/family of four...

PRBuzz
09-06-2009, 05:52 AM
Here is my solar PV information as of my last update on the charts in May.

striperman36
09-06-2009, 07:27 AM
I might have missed it on the graphs. What is is ROI period?
I see that there was a total install cost of around 31K, must be a 18K cost to you after grant and tax credit.
Is it a 3 - 5 year payback?

PRBuzz
09-06-2009, 07:55 AM
I might have missed it on the graphs. What is is ROI period?
I see that there was a total install cost of around 31K, must be a 18K cost to you after grant and tax credit.
Is it a 3 - 5 year payback?

See page 9, based solely on my electric rate of 12.3 cents/KWH and getting paid REC credits of 6 cents/KWH payback is still 20+ years away. I'm not sure what the industry includes in their ROI calculations, mine are based solely on electric consumed/saved +REC payments.

Thats the trouble with being an early adopter of new technologies: scale of production has not yet lowered the manufacturing cost to be affordable.

striperman36
09-06-2009, 07:58 AM
Thats the trouble with being an early adopter of new technologies: scale of production has not yet lowered the manufacturing cost to be affordable.

Regardless of the ROI, I commend you in your decision to do so.
I am contemplating Diesel manufacturing for my diesel jeep and potential water heating, don't know if anyone here is doing that.