View Full Version : whale wars

vanstaal
09-08-2009, 09:34 AM
what do you think about it, I watched it for the first time yesterday it just seems to me that they should have more of these prop fowlers on board and to work on deploying it better :smash:

bassackward
09-08-2009, 01:24 PM
I couldn't stop watching it either, like watching a train wreck. The one time ther fouled the prop, it was fixed within a few hours. My impression is that they are a bunch of misfits that have a death wish. They seem surprised when the Japanese Whalers start returning their agressive tactics on them. I don't agree with the whalers killing of whales, but I do understand that they are trying to make a living and these twits are getting in the way of their means of earning. How would it be if a similar group tried to stop local fisherman. I bet it would get ugly and escalate quickly. It seems the group should have stayed in the cyber cafe with their lattes. They don't even follow the nutty captains orders correctly and were lucky to make it back to the main ship when the weather turned ugly. By the way, who's funding their efforts, PETA? Good mindless TV.

JohnnyD
09-08-2009, 01:37 PM
Reckless vigilantes that this Earth would be better without - and from the few times I have watch the show, that may happen soon.

The captain sees the crew basically as pawns to fulfill his own personal agenda. He is never put into harms way, but has no qualm about sending his crew out in 10' slop with peasoup fog, no GPS and launched by people that have admittedly never assisted a launch (or even trained for a launch) in those kinds of conditions.

I am dumbfounded that there has not been a reported death yet.

JohnR
09-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Reckless vigilantes that this Earth would be better without - and from the few times I have watch the show, that may happen soon.

The captain sees the crew basically as pawns to fulfill his own personal agenda. He is never put into harms way, but has no qualm about sending his crew out in 10' slop with peasoup fog, no GPS and launched by people that have admittedly never assisted a launch (or even trained for a launch) in those kinds of conditions.

I am dumbfounded that there has not been a reported death yet.

Yep, he has the kids go out and take the risks while he sits in the wheelhouse.

While I do not condone the Japanese whaling commerc... , err, research I would like to see the entire Sea Sheppard crew SPECIFICALLY the Captain, locked up as pirates / threats to navigation.

Bocephus
09-08-2009, 02:19 PM
i do admire that they want to help the whales, but i think there are other ways to go about doing it. It wouldnt surprise me if half the crew cant swim, and the other half was expelled from high school for releasing the biology frogs. Only one thing worse than hippies.....and thats eco pirate hippies!!LOL

Raven
09-08-2009, 04:29 PM
i think they need an ICE breaker to Ram the ship
and possibly sink it................BEYOND that

they should be using some kind of sound technology
that repels the whales right out of the area

ProfessorM
09-08-2009, 06:09 PM
torpedoes

vanstaal
09-08-2009, 07:32 PM
there are trying to throw something up 6 stories from a moving boat in ruff seas
did they ever here of a sling shot !!wtf.

Duke41
09-08-2009, 07:51 PM
I think the title is about the captain getting his pants on.

JohnnyD
09-09-2009, 02:26 AM
They are a bunch of fags.. fake tears for the camera.. its a %$%$%$%$ing whale who gives a %$%$%$%$. give them a bunch of AK 47 and rocket launchers. and a feew somolian pirates to boot. The capt is a fat %$%$%$%$ probally sits in the cabin scratching his ass. The second mate most def got his ass kicked every single day in high school and queefs often.

Someone put their "I'm back in high school" hat on this morning.

:jump:

Duke41
09-09-2009, 06:37 AM
too much scotch last night.

JohnR
09-09-2009, 06:46 AM
Ahhhhh, typing under the influence :buds:

vanstaal
09-09-2009, 07:05 AM

:rotf2::rotf2::rotf2::rotf2::rotf2:

spence
09-09-2009, 07:13 AM

Yea, good think we haven't had any site auctions lately :devil2:

-spence

PRBuzz
09-09-2009, 07:18 AM
...... How would it be if a similar group tried to stop local fisherman. I bet it would get ugly and escalate quickly. ........

How about this summer's lobstah wars in Maine? I'm not saying it is the same a Whale Wars but just using as an example of how quickly things escalate when you attack a way of life and one's ability to earn a decent living.

The tiny island, 22 miles out at sea, is generally so quiet that it is hard to imagine the chaos that descended one midsummer day.

Early that morning, one veteran lobsterman shot and seriously wounded another on the Matinicus wharf, the peak of a dispute over whether the gunman’s son-in-law — a mainlander — could fish in the waters surrounding the island. The feud had been escalating for months, a symptom of the economic crisis battering lobstermen up and down Maine’s coast.

Officially, anyone with a Maine lobster license can set traps almost anywhere in state waters. Most lobstermen are allowed 800 traps each, making for a crowded ocean floor.

But unofficially, each harbor has its own boundaries, determined by local lobstermen over the decades. Newcomers often find their buoys snatched or their trap lines cut. The lobstermen who live on Maine’s rugged islands are especially territorial and known for practicing frontier justice; in one notorious case in 2000, two lobstermen fought over turf with a pitchfork and a fish gaff.

The “gear wars” are as old as lobstering itself; with few official rules, the state tacitly allows them. The feuds are usually resolved more quietly, but in this summer of discontent they have taken on operatic tones.

JohnnyD
09-09-2009, 10:10 AM
too much scotch last night.

Hahah... what's your poison?

Duke41
09-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Dewers

ProfessorM
09-09-2009, 06:18 PM
I did think it was funny when the Japanese threw nuts and bolts at them.

vanstaal
09-09-2009, 08:39 PM
I did think it was funny when the Japanese threw nuts and bolts at them.

:rotf2::rotf2::rotf2: the best, but I can't understand y they don't drop things from the copter.

MarshCappa
09-10-2009, 02:03 PM
I'm on the fence about this show. I did like watching them make their way through an ice field that they tried to cut through to make up ground on the fleet. They almost sunk the ship. that ship is pretty thin skinned and they came close to puncturing it. When they rammed the other boat i thought they crossed the line and the capt deserved to be prosecuted.