View Full Version : 9/11 Museum..

afterhours
09-11-2009, 05:12 PM
:fury:

NEW YORK - A museum dedicated to the September 11 attacks will display written quotations drawn from "martyrdom" videos made by the hijackers, along with witness testimonials that will be screened to prevent sympathizers from praising the perpetrators, museum officials said.

Previous attempts to put into context the motivation of the men who used hijacked passenger planes to attack the United States on September 11, 2001, have been met with emotional public opposition, with politicians canceling plans for an "International Freedom Center" in 2005.

But the president of the National September 11 Memorial & Museum said photographs of the 19 hijackers would be displayed along with the quotes as part of the "witness testimony" in the museum.
Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

The memorial and museum are planned for the World Trade Center site undergoing reconstruction in lower Manhattan. The underground museum should open by 2013.

Finding museum's proper context
Museum president Joe Daniels told reporters the exhibit would present the facts, focusing on "what happened on that day, why it happened, what does it mean to live in a 9/11 world."

"Let the perpetrators speak for themselves," Daniels said.

The museum has possession of videotapes the hijackers made in preparation for the suicide attacks and Reuters previously reported that visitors could play back the tapes, citing Daniels.

"That's a powerful and important thing that visitors to this museum need to hear — bearing witness to the actual testimonials of those who committed the atrocities," Daniels told a news conference Thursday.

However, Daniels later told Reuters by telephone that the exhibit would be limited to photos and written text from the martyrdom tapes.

...'eff martydom.

Mike P
09-11-2009, 05:41 PM
Let me ask you this--would your understanding of WW 2, and why 300,000 Americans gave their lives, be complete without reading Mein Kampf or some other ravings of Hitler, to give you an idea of what evil was afoot in the world, and why we made that sacrifice?

Raven
09-11-2009, 05:49 PM
the Museum is underground

afterhours
09-11-2009, 05:57 PM
yes, their actions tell me enough to understand why we sacrificed our men and women and the pure evil they stood for without studying their idealogies...having anything to do with those corksuckers other than squarely laying blame on them in that museum is wrong in my opinion.

spence
09-11-2009, 06:06 PM
I think the assertion that our enemies have no discreet motives is very dangerous...read Sun Tzu.

Also...recognizing there was "a" reason for such a terrible action, is not onto itself validating that reason. It was the misguided interpretation and manipulation of that reason that caused it to occur.

That being said, it should be done in a proper manner. I wouldn't expect the holocaust museum to give equal time to the stereotypes of Jews!

-spence

afterhours
09-11-2009, 06:12 PM
[QUOTE=spence.
It was the misguided interpretation and manipulation of that reason that caused it to occur.

i believe you are correct.