View Full Version : When to fish in the Fall.

RI Plugger
09-13-2009, 10:07 PM
First off, this is only my second year fishing.

I fish around 2 nights per week, depending on the wind/tide I pick a spot that i think will work well.

May and June worked well for me fishing this way, I took july off from fishing and Aug and Sep so far I only seem to get fish with eel's and it seems like fish are harder to find.

I have heard some guys switch to fishing dawn and dusk in the fall, looking for fish and following birds and blitzs.

The question is should I change the way I fish in the fall?

BigFish
09-13-2009, 10:11 PM
Look for snotty days in the Fall! Some of the best days fishing in the fall are some of the snottiest! Wind, rain, surging surf!!! I love it! Fall, as far as I am concerned, is a smorgasbord of fishing......day or night, fair weather or foul, get out there and enjoy yourself when you can.....it might just pay off!:drool:

GattaFish
09-14-2009, 10:05 AM
Look for snotty days in the Fall! Some of the best days fishing in the fall are some of the snottiest! Wind, rain, surging surf!!! I love it! Fall, as far as I am concerned, is a smorgasbord of fishing......day or night, fair weather or foul, get out there and enjoy yourself when you can.....it might just pay off!:drool:

I agree with this 100%...

Back Beach
09-14-2009, 10:18 AM
Stick with nights right now if its larger fish you seek. The next 4-5 weeks will be your best opportunity of the season. As we get near the end, daytime can be good.

Joe
09-14-2009, 12:10 PM
July is a kick-butt nightfishing month - next year don't take it off.

Islander77
09-14-2009, 12:50 PM
Night fish... Throw everything you have seriously try everything... Fish are weird when Silversides, Mullet, Bunker, Shad, and squid swimming around... Eels do woek but costly if ya find bluefish... If you fish plugs try any/ everything... And wind in your face, raging surf, Nasty nights do produce... Believe it no fight like a decent fish in 8+ foot surf....