View Full Version : Wife ended up in the ER yesterday

Swimmer
09-14-2009, 09:33 AM
I send her to work at the hospital where she has worked for 35 years or so and one of her friends call me on the desk and tells me she made Bev go over to the ER because her BP was 196/112. After they medicated her it only came down to 186/96. Her BP usually runs 110/70. Blurry vision, heavey legs and arms, dizzy, so they kept her overnight and are doing more tests today.

CAT scan showed a small spot which could mean some type of vascular incident.

She looked and talked O.K. but in retrospect she has been a little dizzy the last couple of weeks, but she just chalked that up to another sinus infection she was taking meds for.

What makes me thinks this is somewhat serious is I spent six hours with her yesterday in the ER and then in her room before I came home and she didn't pick on me or correct me once during that whole time.

MarshCappa
09-14-2009, 09:44 AM
I hope she is ok. This is errily similar to what happened to me when I had my accident a little over a week ago. My Cat scan was negative though. I still have 3 more f/u tests to r/o stuff. I hope it's nothing serious for her.

fishbones
09-14-2009, 09:50 AM
Thoughts and Prayers sent her way, Swimmer. I hope she's back up and picking on you in no time!

Raven
09-14-2009, 10:58 AM
Thoughts and Prayers sent for a speedy recovery for your better half... Frank

Bronko
09-14-2009, 11:06 AM
Hang in there Swimmer. T&P.

Slipknot
09-14-2009, 11:29 AM
I hope it isn't too serious Frank and she gets well soon. My thoughts are with her and you.

justplugit
09-14-2009, 11:30 AM
Sorry to hear Swimmer. P+T sent.

JohnR
09-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Godspeed to a speedy and complete recovery, Frank.

Slipknot
09-14-2009, 11:45 AM
Frank, I see you had trouble with bees then termites, I hope she wasn't bothered by any chemicals or something, just a thought. Hope all goes well.

Swimmer
09-14-2009, 12:38 PM
Frank, I see you had trouble with bees then termites, I hope she wasn't bothered by any chemicals or something, just a thought. Hope all goes well.

The only stuff I used was the Ortho foam which I believed killed most of them before the guy came from Griggs & Brown. The smoker the kid used was o.k. to be around he said when he did it. The liquid he told me to keep the dog away from for an hour until it dried. No smell at all. Thats always a consideration though Bruce. Thanks for bringing it up.

And thank you everyone.

BigFish
09-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Frank hope its nothing serious and Bev is ok and home again soon! If there is anything I can do please call!

tynan19
09-14-2009, 06:38 PM
Best wishes Frank!

tattoobob
09-14-2009, 06:56 PM
Frank I hope everything turns out for the best,

I can pick on you if you need someone to :rotf2:

mekcotuit
09-15-2009, 07:49 AM
Frank - I hope she is feeling better very soon - scary when stuff like that happens. Prayers sent......

Raven
09-15-2009, 07:54 AM
The only stuff I used was the Ortho foam which I believed killed most of them before the guy came from Griggs & Brown. The smoker the kid used was o.k. to be around he said when he did it. The liquid he told me to keep the dog away from for an hour until it dried. No smell at all. Thats always a consideration though Bruce. Thanks for bringing it up.

And thank you everyone.

i thought the same thing but probably it was coincidental

but just in case "know this"
Chlorophyll and activated charcoal
will completely detoxify the body

Swimmer
09-15-2009, 03:43 PM
She is home and in good spirits. She now has to take BP meds. I am not convince taking them will cure the high BP, but we will see. Spiking like it did make me think thier is an underlying problem, but the MRI and MRIA was clean and so wasn't the Endocard................whatever. The CAT scan of head head supposedly showed some small thing but the other tests said otherwise. We went and got the BP script the house doctor gave her and as usual own primary doesn't like that stuff and changed it. Could not take back the other because she allready took one. No big deal.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

keeperreaper
09-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Thoughts and prayers Swimmer.

Raven
09-15-2009, 04:40 PM
:point: pm's sent

missing link
09-15-2009, 05:16 PM
Hope all is well , BP meds will help , my wife had a similar exp. BP 212 /100 Dr. sent her to see if her heart was enlarged first off , but the BP meds helped and she is DIZZY in the AM due to the MED's and tell your wife to take her meds at the right time She will see what works for her, it took my Wife awhile to see what worked for her she takes 2 different meds .
Hope all is well
ML:uhuh:

Slingah
09-15-2009, 05:26 PM
best wishes to the missus Frank....:)

afterhours
09-15-2009, 05:39 PM
hope is well with your better half frank...

Saltheart
09-15-2009, 10:03 PM
Hope she continues to feel well. I'd watch her closely. Those high numbers don't sound like normal High BP you take meds for.

Clammer
09-15-2009, 10:56 PM
Frank watch her ..see if she starts slamming you /if not .. get her in for further testing ;;

hope all stays well ><><

Mike

RickBomba
09-16-2009, 08:46 PM
T&P Frank...similar incident for my girl this time last year...her's was a stroke out of nowhere, by the time I got her to the hospital, it was pretty much finished (not her, the stroke). I count my blessings, she's pretty much better a year later.
I always remember to give her a kiss before I leave, now, though!

Slingah
09-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Frank watch her ..see if she starts slamming you /if not .. get her in for further testing ;;

:rotf2::rotf2::rotf2: :uhuh:

BMEUPSCOTTY
09-17-2009, 04:29 AM
hope she feels better Swimmer. I'm sending some positive vibes your way...