View Full Version : WTB 6/0-7/0 stainless VMC siwash hooks.

Rob Rockcrawler
09-14-2009, 05:51 PM
i guess they arent made anymore, if anyone has any laying around id like to grab a few.

BMEUPSCOTTY
09-15-2009, 05:00 AM
Since John doesn't sell hooks here is it ok to post a link? I recently found every replacement hook I needed here, after checking the inventory of all the site sponsors of course: VMC Hooks (http://www.terminaltackleco.com/prod_detail_list/496)

luds
09-15-2009, 07:00 AM
Rob, I would stay away from those hooks. They are not made anymore for a reason. They break.

Back Beach
09-15-2009, 07:50 AM
What are they being used for, Rob?

Rob Rockcrawler
09-15-2009, 09:36 AM
I will be tying some up for tails and others will probably be used for cod jigs. The habs night n gales sure looked damn good with them. Since they break i guess i dont really need them, i didnt think a hook that big would have problems, but it doesnt take much to make a hook break if its a manufacturer screw up.

luds
09-15-2009, 02:10 PM
I will be tying some up for tails and others will probably be used for cod jigs. The habs night n gales sure looked damn good with them. Since they break i guess i dont really need them, i didnt think a hook that big would have problems, but it doesnt take much to make a hook break if its a manufacturer screw up.

All the night n' gails that I've seen have permasteel hooks. If you're looking for permasteel (grey) they are definitely out there. I think the stainless were discontinued due to all the problems. If you want stainless siwashes that large I would look at mustads but you will probably have to sharpen them. If there is a strong 7/o hook out there that doesn't need to be sharpened I'd like to know about it and where I can get them. :uhuh:

BMEUPSCOTTY
09-15-2009, 03:49 PM
ahhh... didnt notice you said stainless...

Rob Rockcrawler
09-15-2009, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the heads up luds that they are permasteel.