View Full Version : Christened the new Feeshmobile,,,,,

BassDawg
09-15-2009, 08:10 AM
last Sunday as the family is about to
get into the Escape,,,,,,,,,,i come out of the apt

to see that the back hatch was wide open and
BOTH my girls were outside of the vehicle :bl: :bl: :bl:

when i asked why? they said, "it smells like FISH!"

like that's a bad thing! i was laughing my butt off inside, and then a full-bellied roar as they sped off in her car(only because her car was packed) and me in mine~~~~~with the sweet fragrance of fresh striper and ocean wafting thru my ride the whole way to church! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

JohnnyD
09-15-2009, 09:12 AM
It's funny how you don't even notice the smells anymore.

FishermanTim
09-15-2009, 12:14 PM
It's not that you don't notice the smell anymore, it's that it doesn't register in your brain as a "bad" smell, like skunk, or rancid meat/veggies.
It will register in your brain if you smell that aroma somewhere else, and it will trigger a memory, probably of a very large fish!

Isn't the human brain a wonderful thing?

Raven
09-15-2009, 04:31 PM
i'd build something on the outside of the vehicle

and wash everything inside with lemon WAY in advance
or you'll never hear the end of it....

missing link
09-15-2009, 05:04 PM
I put the enclosure on the C-knot 2 -day ,kinda hot out ,sweat pouring , first rag I grabed was my wipeing rag from the season and wiped my face off oHHHHHHHHHHHHH! the sweet smell of old fish, got to go out this weekend:fishin:
ML.
PS,
my good wife HATES the smell of FISH, must be from growing in Waterbury, Ct. ( mud guppies ie: BLIND EELS ) on the up side anything goes out side on the pit and it has been used alot.
ml:pats:

BassDawg
09-15-2009, 08:46 PM
i'd build something on the outside of the vehicle

and wash everything inside with lemon WAY in advance
or you'll never hear the end of it....

i hear ya Raven, but she actually took it pretty well.
it was mostly because i had just had a belly-filler in there
within hours of them climbing in. there's only hint of Striper, now.
:( :( :( :(

It's not that you don't notice the smell anymore, it's that it doesn't register in your brain as a "bad" smell, like skunk, or rancid meat/veggies.
It will register in your brain if you smell that aroma somewhere else, and it will trigger a memory, probably of a very large fish!

Isn't the human brain a wonderful thing?

ohhh, i NOTICED, allright,,,,,,,,,,,i was just playing coy with her and my daughter :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: and, truly, the brain IS amazingly and wonderfully made; isn't it ironic how smells link to memory and how one schnozz's idea of stench is another schnozz's idea of nirvana?

Raven
09-15-2009, 09:20 PM
the olfactory sense is way way under rated

it's actually our keenest sense.

and can send you down memory lane faster than a time machine.

striprman
09-15-2009, 09:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGVShoAWp00

JakeF
09-16-2009, 07:58 AM
the olfactory sense is way way under rated

it's actually our keenest sense.

and can send you down memory lane faster than a time machine.

That's what I've always heard. Must be pretty cool. Unfortunately for me, my olfactory never opened for buisiness. Of all the senses to be without, I guess it's the best one. Beats being blind for sure...

Downside is, I got to change a LOT of dirty diapers when my kids were younger. :rollem:

Rockport24
09-16-2009, 11:53 AM
I love that smell of fresh striper slime! doesn't smell fishy to me at all!
of course if you let it linger in there I'm sure it wouldn't be great, but it would bring back memories.

now herring... that could choke a mule!