View Full Version : this time of year

niko
09-15-2009, 07:05 PM
there's just something i love about this time of year. the weather is getting crisp. the sun is coming up a little later. the anticipation of that next trip, knowing that the clock is ticking but the next 2 months should be good action. visions of tuna bashing helpless baitfish or stripers and blues trashing pogies fill my head all day at work. enjoy the fall everyone. friday cant come soon enough

BigFish
09-15-2009, 07:18 PM
I need fish dammit!!!:wall:

Raider Ronnie
09-15-2009, 07:31 PM
I need a change in the weather pattern we are in, dammit !! :wall:

niko
09-15-2009, 09:19 PM
come to the dark side friday larry. you'de be amazed how much boat fish count

BigFish
09-15-2009, 09:29 PM
We shall see....we....shall.........see.:drool:

Saltheart
09-15-2009, 09:51 PM
I agree , in RI and southeastern MA the fall is the nicest time of the year for fishing and IMO overall. I also used to love sailing in Sept and early October.

rickhern
09-16-2009, 08:03 PM
DON'T DO IT LARRY!!! The next thing you know, you will be trying to justify a major expenditure!!

BTW Larry, I have an opening for MV, oct 1-5.

BigFish
09-16-2009, 08:51 PM
Niko.....who is going to who's dark side now??!!!:uhuh:=:fishin:

Fisherman Brian
09-16-2009, 11:16 PM
I agree , in RI and southeastern MA the fall is the nicest time of the year for fishing and IMO overall. I also used to love sailing in Sept and early October.

True story. I was out teaching (I'd rather have caught some fish, but I didn’t mind the company) some friends from work how to cast Monday night). And a retired marine drove up with a 40+ incher in his truck bed.

I guess he is a "full wetsuit and lets go swimming with the fishes" kind of guy- which is a hair to hardcore for me- but after seeing that nice fish it sure did get me thinking about pricing out a good suit. Besides the water has been warmer than the chilly nights lately!

Where did the summer go?

JakeF
09-17-2009, 07:49 AM
Brian,,, that was my fishing partner Gunny. He's president of the national chapter of Stripercoast Surfcasters Club (I'm VP).

We caught plenty of fish while swimming that night, all but that one were released to fight another day,,,, here's a photo of the one you're talking about. :kewl:

http://www.skishingnewengland.com/photos/P9150005-resized.jpg

Fall is here. Fish harder!!!