View Full Version : My love for fishing taken to the next level..

Foul Hooker
09-16-2009, 06:11 PM
Edited - please see below - thanks.

Foul Hooker
09-16-2009, 06:16 PM

tattoobob
09-16-2009, 06:41 PM
How much?

Foul Hooker
09-16-2009, 06:53 PM

MarshCappa
09-16-2009, 07:08 PM
I've never used these things before but these look nice. How long do these things last? It just looks like a big fish would tear these things up or bend them up pretty bad. Please don't take this the wrong way cuz I don't know sheet about these things! I respect the work and hours you have put into this. Good luck.

Foul Hooker
09-16-2009, 07:32 PM

ThrowingTimber
09-16-2009, 08:18 PM

MrHunters
09-16-2009, 08:24 PM
:lurk::lurk::lurk:

striperman36
09-16-2009, 08:43 PM
:lurk::lurk::lurk:

BUTTER on mine please

Foul Hooker
09-16-2009, 08:56 PM

Slingah
09-16-2009, 09:06 PM
This is where I DIDNT want this to go!!! Again I am not looking to sell the rigs on here!! THEY ARE NOT FOR SALE on these boards nor am I am advertising where they are being sold, just looking for some feedback about the design of my rigs.... I just love to fish and was really excited about this... I am not sure why one needs to be so negative as to get one kicked off an internet board because of what they are sharing... again not looking to make $ on hear.. for all I care go ahead and copy the idea... just dont get it...

don't mind him...he just has an itchy trigger finger
but you are going to get some flack if you say your selling stuff and post pictures and such...this sort of applies http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/plug-building-got-wood/28974-commercial-plug-builders-policy.html

good luck with your venture... they look sweet

striprman
09-16-2009, 09:12 PM
I wonder what would happen with 3 or 4 40 pounders on those:jump1:

they do look nice though

JohnnyD
09-16-2009, 11:49 PM
Umbrella rigs for stripers make baby jesus cry.

They are very nice looking though.

scoobe
09-17-2009, 12:44 AM
if you were asking for feedback on a design that is one thing. but this is a commercial venture and you have posted product pictures, rave reviews, and the company name. what do ya expect? maybe you could have skirted by if you didn't name the company and post all the positive benefits and feedback (catch this fish and that fish, premium components, better than the competition, etc) - if that's not advertising then I don't know what is (and i work in advertising!).

Islander77
09-17-2009, 08:59 AM
I can see some points to this and some I dont.... I know some people would say that is advertising but again.... If you dont want to get hammered dont word it like a commercial or ad... Edit your post to remove cost and other statements and I am sure if people want info they can PM you... I get touchy over this because well at one point I did work with someone hand in hand with a plug situation and he wanted all hush hush so I could try to sell the plugs on a different site... T/T you know who it is and I believe we may have gotten off on the wrong foot over there also.... So my advice is this dont word it like an ad by all means show off your work... if people are interested they will contact you.. Or find a shop to retail and push them to the boat guys...lol

MrHunters
09-17-2009, 09:15 AM
that was fun :)

JohnR
09-17-2009, 09:32 AM
Foul Hooker (hilarious name by the way :rotf2: )

Your post here hit just about all the key items people use when they want to spam the forums for commercial gain:

Hey, got this great widget that crushes fish but I'm not selling them here
They're a killer, people can't keep their hands off
A picture showing said killer widget
Company & product name stealthily (sometimes) inserted into commentary.
Materials description
Other hyping
Disclaimers

It almost always starts the same way. For those that have been watching it as long as I and some others here have, this looked formulaic.

Only thing missing was having another recent new user (often from the same computer :rotf2: ) jumping on the thread and miraculously sounding like the other half of a Billy Mays pitch (may he rest in peace) - Key item of the Predator Lures Effect

So, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that, as you state, this is not a trolling for commercial benefit. I would like you to hang out and have some fun participating in our little community here. Please refrain from pushing your commercial wares at this time. Instead, hang out, have a virtual beverage, chat with the locals. If this is the best thing since sliced bread, we'll talk down the road about it.

thanks - John

JakeF
09-17-2009, 09:43 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I have trouble seeing how using umbrella rigs could be considered sporting by anyone? Might as well drag a gill net :confused:

But,,,, that's just my opinion which doesn't matter to anyone, I'm sure...

Islander77
09-17-2009, 10:30 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I have trouble seeing how using umbrella rigs could be considered sporting by anyone? Might as well drag a gill net :confused:

But,,,, that's just my opinion which doesn't matter to anyone, I'm sure...

Jake sorry to have to do this to ya but it would be draggin a net man like a trawl net AKA dragger... Gillnets are considered a ground fishery FIXED gear... They drift with current but dont get dragged... Not trying to be a #^&#^&#^&#^& just dont want the two confused cause I have seen that in other threads... As far as the whole umbrella rig thing.. They work the "Angler" only works when they are hit or loaded with a full purse of blues so yes its not really the same as say... wetsuiting out into the water... Nice pics by the way... But in this case of "sportsmanship" its really six of one half dozen of the other... Or personal opinion of what sport is... But Id rather drift plugs,bait, off a boat then troll so what do I know...:rotf2:

Foul Hooker
09-17-2009, 10:52 AM
Hi John,

Sorry about this whole post.... I regret even sharing it...I guess I should of just put up some pics of my latest inventions and not said a word about selling them... I honestly really had no intention of getting business or advertising on these boards, as far as boasting about it, I was just so excited that I came up with something that works awesome that I built myself and that people in our area really liked it....I was looking for some feed back about the rigs themself, how they here made ect.. I didnt mean to drop the company name like it sounded either... I don't have a website or anything so I didnt think it was advertising... My name is Heather and H Bomb is my nickname .. sorry about that, thats where the whole name came about...

Hope to get off on a better foot next time :fishin:

And just to be a smartass, I hope we do get to talk about it down the road :jump1: :)

Foul Hooker (hilarious name by the way :rotf2: )

Your post here hit just about all the key items people use when they want to spam the forums for commercial gain:

Hey, got this great widget that crushes fish but I'm not selling them here
They're a killer, people can't keep their hands off
A picture showing said killer widget
Company & product name stealthily (sometimes) inserted into commentary.
Materials description
Other hyping
Disclaimers

It almost always starts the same way. For those that have been watching it as long as I and some others here have, this looked formulaic.

Only thing missing was having another recent new user (often from the same computer :rotf2: ) jumping on the thread and miraculously sounding like the other half of a Billy Mays pitch (may he rest in peace) - Key item of the Predator Lures Effect

So, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that, as you state, this is not a trolling for commercial benefit. I would like you to hang out and have some fun participating in our little community here. Please refrain from pushing your commercial wares at this time. Instead, hang out, have a virtual beverage, chat with the locals. If this is the best thing since sliced bread, we'll talk down the road about it.

thanks - John

scoobe
09-18-2009, 12:42 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I have trouble seeing how using umbrella rigs could be considered sporting by anyone?

Why is it unsporting? Is it because of the multiple lures/hooks or the fact that it is trolled behind a boat? What about hi-lo rigs fished on the beach or tube-n-worm trolled behind a boat? Are those sporting?

Not trying to be an ass, just honestly curious. :confused:

Raven
09-18-2009, 03:46 AM
we need more sponsers

JakeF
09-18-2009, 07:13 AM
Why is it unsporting? Is it because of the multiple lures/hooks or the fact that it is trolled behind a boat? What about hi-lo rigs fished on the beach or tube-n-worm trolled behind a boat? Are those sporting?

Not trying to be an ass, just honestly curious. :confused:

Like spotlighting deer at night, shooting turkeys off their roost, or running a trot line across a river, trolling a whole school of baitfish just makes catching way too easy in my humble opinion. Anyone can tow one of those rigs around the bay or islands and practically be guaranteed a high catch rate, even if they spend zero time studying any of the factors and putting in the time that makes a good fisherman what he is. I have trouble seeing where the sport is in that. It's the easy way out and in my opinion, catching fish on an umbrella rig is an achievement that ranks right up there with getting out of bed in the morning. There's a reason some states have banned the use of rigs with more than 2 or 3 hooks.

Besides, these rigs generally result in the catching of very many small fish (ever wonder why very few coms & charter boats use them? They're targeting larger fish and that's not what these are for). I'm not saying you'll never catch a large fish on one, but that's generally not the case. I used them myself for a while when I was first starting out, but quickly got bored with unhooking one small fish after another and started to actually think about what I was doing, studying the fish and their habits, and learning to fish in ways that are actually challenging to me as an angler. To me, fishing is about the hunt and the personal challenge, not about bailing fish out as fast as possible.

But,,,,,,, that's just me I guess. :huh:

RIROCKHOUND
09-18-2009, 07:56 AM
Besides, these rigs generally result in the catching of very many small fish (ever wonder why very few coms & charter boats use them? They're targeting larger fish and that's not what these are for). I'm not saying you'll never catch a large fish on one, but that's generally not the case. I used them myself for a while when I was first starting out, but quickly got bored with unhooking one small fish after another and started to actually think about what I was doing, studying the fish and their habits, and learning to fish in ways that are actually challenging to me as an angler. To me, fishing is about the hunt and the personal challenge, not about bailing fish out as fast as possible.But,,,,,,, that's just me I guess. :huh:

Spoken like someone w/o a clue to how to use them. And if you think charter boats never troll them :smash: and they only catch small fish... :smash:

I'm not someone who enjoys trolling for bass, but they do work, well.

fishbones
09-18-2009, 08:45 AM
Spoken like someone w/o a clue to how to use them. And if you think charter boats never troll them :smash: and they only catch small fish... :smash:

I'm not someone who enjoys trolling for bass, but they do work, well.

I've personally seen two 40+ pound bass taken on umbrella's. One of them had an 8 pound blue hooked up with the bass. The guy on the rod though he had a new record until he saw the blue on it.

I don't care to use them because when you get into a school of blues, they make a mess of them. On the rare occasions that I troll, it's usually with tube and worm or jigging with wire.