View Full Version : New DVD "Striper Islands" advance peek

Fish_Eye
09-17-2009, 01:53 PM
Here's a look at a short trailer for my upcoming DVD titled "Striper Islands." All the footage in the trailer was shot this Tuesday and it shows that stripers of mixed sizes are starting to mingle...a sure sign that the run isn't far away. There were vast schools of bay anchovies all along the Jamestown shoreline and in all the usual spots, hungry stripers on patrol. Last week I shot the most amazing footage of false albacore...I had the opportunity to watch the same six fish feed for over 90 minutes...the resulting images will forever change the way you think of false albacore. I'm tossing in a few pictures from that outing -- the 25 minutes of HD video will blow you away.

These scenes and many more will be in my seminar series this winter...along with loads of information gained while compiling footage for the new DVD.

YouTube - Mike Laptew's "Striper Islands" DVD Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwD5Opz35zA)

Bocephus
09-17-2009, 02:18 PM
awesome pics, cant wait to see the rest

Rob Rockcrawler
09-17-2009, 04:55 PM
Mike,
Have you seen any sharks while close to shore?

RIROCKHOUND
09-17-2009, 06:36 PM
Funny, the middle picture is what I envision Yellowfin look like when you get a wolf pack on the spread....

maddmatt
09-18-2009, 07:15 AM
if fish can be beautiful, they are

Fish_Eye
09-18-2009, 07:19 AM
Rob,

On several occasions I've seen sharks near RI shorelines...many more times in Costa Rica, Florida and the Bahamas.

RIRockhound,

The middle picture shows them in position to make a strafing run, as is the case with the third picture. The first picture shows them starting to regroup into what will be a much tighter football shaped hunting party that is reminiscent of the Blue Angels, only a much tighter formation that is pec fin to pec fin. They will explode from this tight grouping into a star burst, fireworks-like sortie that has every fish heading into the bait on a different vector. The video shows this close up and in astounding clarity.

Bocephus,

I'm glad you enjoyed the show.

JohnR
09-18-2009, 07:36 AM
if fish can be beautiful, they are

Beauty, inversely proportional to taste (I'm told 'cause I aint eating one)

BassDawg
09-18-2009, 02:40 PM
Mike, stellar work as always!

THANKS a million for sharing,
i'll be the first in line to pick this BEAUTY up!!!
:btu: :btu: :btu: