View Full Version : Verizon fios tv or direct tv (dish)

Raider Ronnie
09-22-2009, 05:09 PM
I now have verizon fios internet,phone and direct tv (dish)
Switched to this package a bit less than a year ago and at the time Verizon fios tv was not approved in my town, but the fios wires were in the town and on my street.
They call me saying the fios tv is now available.
Up till now have had no issues with the dish other than no NECN news and the weather channel sucks compared to when I had comcast cable.
Any opinions or suggestions.
I do know they gave me a limited time price on the direct tv and it will be going up in the near future.

Slipknot
09-22-2009, 05:28 PM
the fios tv has some good packages
the boxes aren't cheap though if you want dvr, but worth it once you start using it, I now watch shows when I want and fast forward past the commercials to save time, and it's great to be able to pause a show.
when we first got it I noticed a huge difference in picture quality over comcast.

Slingah
09-22-2009, 05:52 PM
I had to dump my directv when I got the HDTV...had fios installed...my wife loves the dvr like Bruce said...I don't watch much TV but do like to record stuff once and awhile...
I think it's a no=brainer....

justplugit
09-22-2009, 07:26 PM
Fios has been good for us.
They have an excellent Tech Dept in case of problems too.

The Dad Fisherman
09-22-2009, 08:24 PM
FiOS all the way here too....

JamesJet
09-22-2009, 08:35 PM
I am a Fios man as well. As others said, not cheap but very good. I had one problem and customer service was actually very good. DVR is great. My only complaint is their is SOOOO many channels available and the guide function does not indicate if you get the channel or not.

Duke41
10-14-2009, 07:54 PM
I have had direct tv for 3 years and i liked it till today. they have the worst customer service ever. I had to argue with them for 2 days to get a service tech appiontment for a week from today. They absolutely suck. I wasted an hourplus on the phone with them last night and I gave up. they wanted to do the same thing today. Are you kidding me. I had to threaten to cancel, them get on the line with the cancelation person, then they transfered me back to another tech whom made the appointment to save my account. That is nuts. FOIS is comming adios DTV. By the way $50 service charge. I say F U C K- Y U

striperman36
10-15-2009, 06:45 AM
FIOS is 1 block away, they can't come in here yet as the lines are underground, I don't think they have permission to pull cable in here. Isn't there limited options for pulling additional cable with underground wiring?
Pisser