View Full Version : WTT GSB 1201m for 8' conventional

decksweeper
09-24-2009, 08:38 AM
Looking to swap....rod is spinning...Wrapped by Afterhours...was actually a 1321m and with a very long butt to reel seat...I cut from the butt and the rod's now about 10'3". With the butt to reel seat about 20 inches. Rod's in good shape...maroon and silver wrap...sorry, no pics at the moment...

I'm looking for an 8' conventional, cork ring handle...eel rod for the boat. Interested in Lami's...St croix, decent stuff..Anybody have anything they're looking to part with?

thanks, Mark

Crafty Angler
09-24-2009, 10:20 AM
Mark, I've got a custom 8' live bait conventional boat rod built on a J Kennedy Fisher blank that Back Beach wrapped - it's in excellent condition and I picked it up from him late last Fall

I wouldn't be looking to part with it but the trade is interesting and it's one of a matched pair and I don't really need two

Don't have a digital right now but if you know Mike's work, you'll have a good idea of the quality of the wrap job

Let me know - it's a helluva nice rod and will put the boots to a big fish...:uhuh:

I'm in Newport - where are you located?

decksweeper
09-24-2009, 11:50 AM
Crafy, I'm not that familiar with that Blank, but would consider. What I'm looking for is a rod to throw eels with from the boat. nothing too stiff...I'm located in Cranston, but am in narragansett every few days...

tobias
09-24-2009, 12:10 PM
I've got an 8' Gloomis with cork foregrips and butt, any interest?

decksweeper
09-24-2009, 12:28 PM
tobias, I'm open to anything...just not interested in anything too fast.

Islander77
09-24-2009, 12:44 PM
well your not to stiff counts me out... I have a lami BT blank started as 9' now 8' with the shrink grips and a trigger but this thing is a STIFF rod lol

tobias
09-24-2009, 03:22 PM
I wouldn't consider it fast. I'll check the rod rating and get back to you shortly.

tobias, I'm open to anything...just not interested in anything too fast.

Crafty Angler
09-24-2009, 03:49 PM
Crafy, I'm not that familiar with that Blank, but would consider. What I'm looking for is a rod to throw eels with from the boat. nothing too stiff...I'm located in Cranston, but am in narragansett every few days...

JK Fishers were considered to be one of the best blanks going, but no longer produced. Every once in a while they show up in the BST's at the Other Site and they go for a tidy sum from guys who know the name

Trigger reel seat, cork tape butt and very light weight, rated at 2-5 oz, if you're looking to throw boat size eels. Not stiff at all

If you're interested let me know - otherwise, I'm not exactly tripping over myself trying to get rid of it -

I'd planned to keep it as a back-up for it's twin but the 120 1m sounded like it might be worth looking at

Clogston29
09-25-2009, 06:43 AM
any interest in a sabre 1087 (i think). its 8'-10" but fits all the rest of your requirements. Wrapped at Murats, by his son in law I think. I bought it from Piemma a while back. I like it but don't fish conventional much. I can post pictures if your interested. i'd say its good for 1-3 oz, but I don't know the manufacture's rating.

Back Beach
09-25-2009, 10:25 AM

I'm somewhat kicking myself after parting with the rods, but I never used them after I sold my boat in 2000. I would personally jump all over this rod, you will not regret it.

decksweeper
09-25-2009, 10:50 AM
Pretty sure Crafty and I are going to try to work something out....