View Full Version : Guatalmalan roofers are here

Swimmer
09-24-2009, 09:39 AM
I needed to get the roof done, so I went with Sunrise roofing in Whitman. They are going most of the business it seems in the area now and I haven't heard one complaint. Very hard working people.

Crafty Angler
09-24-2009, 10:12 AM
We had a roof put on the house about a month ago and the job was subbed out to a company from the Boston 'burbs - the roofers were Ecuadoran Indians.

These guys did an AWESOME job - I couldn't believe how hard they worked - it's a 3 story house - and the temps at street level were in the mid to upper 90's on the 2 days it took them to do it.

They definitely looked Incan - odd thing was the tallest guy in the crew was maybe 5'3" and they all came in one van - it was like a clown car full of extras from Mel Gibson's movie Apocalypto when they pulled up

They did an excellent job - both my wife and I said that you'd never get a crew of Yankees to work so hard under those conditions and still be so meticulous.

The Dad Fisherman
09-24-2009, 10:22 AM
and they all came in one van - it was like a clown car full of extras from Mel Gibson's movie Apocalypto when they pulled up

That has got to be one of the funniest lines I've read on here in months...that is friggin hysterical :rotf2::biglaugh:

Swimmer
09-24-2009, 12:48 PM
I stand corrected, they are from Ecuador, and one of them is walking with a limp, muttering something about falling at some fisherman's house and then he tried to pay them in reproduction fishing photos. LOL

Hard working people.

Fly Rod
09-24-2009, 12:58 PM
Did ya check em for a Green Card??

Probably not. It is all about price.

Joe
09-24-2009, 01:59 PM
You know times are bad when the roofer jobs disappear from the newspaper.

Crafty Angler
09-24-2009, 07:07 PM
I stand corrected, they are from Ecuador, and one of them is walking with a limp, muttering something about falling at some fisherman's house and then he tried to pay them in reproduction fishing photos. LOL

Hard working people.

Sorry, Senor, no hablo feeshing....:laughs:

Hey, believe me, it sure wasn't a freebie....:shocked:

But I will tell you it was worth every penny, the work was flawless and done according to Hoyle all the way around - I was absolutely impressed

And I am a PIA after getting work done on the house that wasn't so well done over these last 30 years...:hs:

justplugit
09-24-2009, 07:47 PM
I have found Ecuadorians to be very hard workers and are a very friendly and polite people.

Costa Ric-ans are cut from the same cloth.
My son had a hugh tree hanging over his and his neighbors house that had
to come down. None of the Tree Surgeons would touch it without a crane
for many $$$$$.
One tree guy came in with a much lower price and had 4 Costa Ric-ans working for him. All insured. One guy climbed and cut, one worked the rope and 2 carried to the chipper. Done in 3 hours. My neighbor had a similar size tree
taken down by crane. Five guys working and took over 4 hours.

striperman36
09-24-2009, 07:57 PM
Most of the local lawn care dudes are also South America.

Swimmer
09-25-2009, 01:28 PM
I am extremely please with thier work. They sub work from one of the busier roofing companies in the area. I have seen these guys around for years. I would assume they have some kind of legal status. They actually having an insurance bond, and so doesn't the company that I hired. Doubly insured. Sunrise Roofing in Whitman. I would reccomend them anytime.