View Full Version : Praising Obama

Fly Rod
09-26-2009, 11:52 AM
School children sing song praising Obama. Principal has kids stand in a group to praise the President.

Is it right or wrong?

Is it indoctrination?

Did school over step their bounds?

Some parents in uproar, should principal be fired?

If you can't mention God, why should you be able to mention political views?

Principal says she would do it again

spence
09-26-2009, 12:17 PM
Isn't she being investigated by the school system?

-spence

buckman
09-26-2009, 04:08 PM
It's pathetic. He's losing his shine fast. Over exposure is going to ruin him.

JohnnyD
09-26-2009, 05:11 PM

lol...

spence
09-26-2009, 05:16 PM
You see overexposure, but aside from the tea baggers stint in the national news the GOP has barely got a word in edgewise.

-spence

buckman
09-27-2009, 06:53 AM
You see overexposure, but aside from the tea baggers stint in the national news the GOP has barely got a word in edgewise.

-spence

That's your problem Spence, you only see what you want to believe. Tea baggers?. On health care your god is losing, the GOP is getting their points out and the majority of America does not want Obama in charge of thier health care or spending another borrowed dime.

JohnnyD
09-27-2009, 09:18 AM
On health care your god is losing, the GOP is getting their points out and the majority of America does not want Obama in charge of thier health care or spending another borrowed dime.

Well said. The GOP is getting *their* points out. Problem is, *their* points have often been full of misinformation.

spence
09-27-2009, 09:21 AM
That's your problem Spence, you only see what you want to believe. Tea baggers?. On health care your god is losing, the GOP is getting their points out and the majority of America does not want Obama in charge of thier health care or spending another borrowed dime.
"My god?" I think it's you seeing only what you want to see...

-spence

Fly Rod
09-27-2009, 10:15 AM
Well said. The GOP is getting *their* points out. Problem is, *their* points have often been full of misinformation.

I do not believe that on the health issue that the Gop has been putting much misinformation out there to the public.

We are going to a one party payer system which the Gop has stated over and over if this health plan is passed. It is true

Obama just yesterday is telling the people that those on private health care will not lose their health care, that they wil be able to keep it. This is true at the moment. What he is not telling the people is that an X number of years down the road you will not have private medical insurance we will be on a one party pay system of which will be government run.

If the health care reform passes and which it will according to the Dems and their shananagans, why would I owning a company with a dozen employees keep paying their Bluecross or other insurance companies medical plan at a cost of 12,000.00 per year per employee family plan when Obama will fine me 6-8% if I get rid of my employees plan.

Lets see, twelve employees @ 12,000 per employee = 144,000 that I pay now. I'll get rid of my employees medical, now they are forced onto the government plan, I will be fined 8% of 144,000 = 11,520 in fines and I put 132,000 + in my pocket. Here comes my new boat, thanks Obama.

Fishpart
09-27-2009, 10:32 AM
FR, I have heard 8% of entire payroll, for many small companies with low skill employees, hc is 20% or more of payroll talk about savings... For each employee your HC expense goes from $2.00 per hour to $0.80 per hour...

Don't believe the hype, the National Socalists will have us all on GVT run healthcare before you know it....

spence
09-27-2009, 10:45 AM
I do not believe that on the health issue that the Gop has been putting much misinformation out there to the public.
Death panels, free benefits for illegals, government will set doctors wages, you have no choice...etc...

We are going to a one party payer system which the Gop has stated over and over if this health plan is passed. It is true
This simply isn't supported by any House or Senate bill under consideration. Do you think the insurance lobby doesn't influence the Dems as well? This isn't just not true, it's silly.

Obama just yesterday is telling the people that those on private health care will not lose their health care, that they wil be able to keep it. This is true at the moment. What he is not telling the people is that an X number of years down the road you will not have private medical insurance we will be on a one party pay system of which will be government run.
Not true, back this up with facts if you're going to make the argument.

If the health care reform passes and which it will according to the Dems and their shananagans, why would I owning a company with a dozen employees keep paying their Bluecross or other insurance companies medical plan at a cost of 12,000.00 per year per employee family plan when Obama will fine me 6-8% if I get rid of my employees plan.

Lets see, twelve employees @ 12,000 per employee = 144,000 that I pay now. I'll get rid of my employees medical, now they are forced onto the government plan, I will be fined 8% of 144,000 = 11,520 in fines and I put 132,000 + in my pocket. Here comes my new boat, thanks Obama.
Free market.

Either the public option would deliver the same benefits at a reduced cost (good for you) or it wouldn't in which case your employees would be free to look for jobs with better coverage.

-spence

Fly Rod
09-27-2009, 12:31 PM
Death panels, free benefits for illegals, government will set doctors wages, you have no choice...etc...

The verbiage that was in the bill would have had illegals eligible up until a couple of weeks ago.

This simply isn't supported by any House or Senate bill under consideration. Do you think the insurance lobby doesn't influence the Dems as well? This isn't just not true, it's silly.

Free market.

Either the public option would deliver the same benefits at a reduced cost (good for you) or it wouldn't in which case your employees would be free to look for jobs with better coverage.

-spence

Only time will decide who is right or who is wrong.

JohnnyD
09-27-2009, 01:30 PM

Free market.

-spence

Beat me to it. Thanks for saving me some time typing. But remember, there isn't any misinformation - aside from just about all of Fly Rod's post. Looks like the GOP misinformation train is running strong and on-time.

buckman
09-27-2009, 05:33 PM
Beat me to it. Thanks for saving me some time typing. But remember, there isn't any misinformation - aside from just about all of Fly Rod's post. Looks like the GOP misinformation train is running strong and on-time.

Are you saying the majority of America is misinformed? Duped by the GOP? Maybe scared of the Feds effin up another program? What is the reason we don't want Obama Care. Obama can't convince us, maybe you and Spence can take your show on the road. :rotf2:

JohnnyD
09-27-2009, 09:37 PM
Are you saying the majority of America is misinformed?

Nope. I've consistently said the majority of America don't have a clue, not because of either particular party.

What is the reason we don't want Obama Care. Obama can't convince us, maybe you and Spence can take your show on the road. :rotf2:

Because it's bad policy. As I have consistently stated, I'm against the current health care proposal. However, I'm also against the piss-poor way the GOP has been handling being in the opposition to the bill. My issue isn't with them being against the bill, it's in the misinformation and, in some cases, blatant lies that have been perpetuated by them.

buckman
09-28-2009, 04:33 AM
Nope. I've consistently said the majority of America don't have a clue, not because of either particular party.

Because it's bad policy. As I have consistently stated, I'm against the current health care proposal. However, I'm also against the piss-poor way the GOP has been handling being in the opposition to the bill. My issue isn't with them being against the bill, it's in the misinformation and, in some cases, blatant lies that have been perpetuated by them.

Fair enough JD, but the mistruths are coming from both camps.

JohnnyD
09-28-2009, 04:53 AM
Fair enough JD, but the mistruths are coming from both camps.

I agree. The Dems are trying to fluff bad policy to make it look better.

What I wish the GOP *could* say is that all American's having insurance isn't going to do anything to decrease the cost of HC to the average American. Unfortunately, comments like that would more than likely be political suicide for whoever made the comment.

scottw
09-28-2009, 10:15 AM
I agree. The Dems are trying to fluff bad policy to make it look better.

What I wish the GOP *could* say is that all American's having insurance isn't going to do anything to decrease the cost of HC to the average American. Unfortunately, comments like that would more than likely be political suicide for whoever made the comment.

so who is worse? the guys pushing crappy policy or the guys opposing crappy policy, you seem to have much more disdain for the guys opposing the crappy policy...why don't you focus on "your guys"? the "GOP" is in the minority, the "GOP" gets creamed daily in the mainstream media...it wasn't long ago when you guys were celebrating the death of the GOP and conservatism and now it's "well, I wish the GOP would...." ...talking in circles you are...

RIJIMMY
09-28-2009, 11:12 AM

Obviously, otherwise we wouldnt be debated Obama.

JohnnyD
09-28-2009, 06:52 PM
why don't you focus on "your guys"?

I started posting a response then read the above again. Who exactly are "my guys"?