View Full Version : Do NFL and TV favor the colts?

Slipknot
09-27-2009, 06:58 PM
I was checking schedules and see that the champs the steelers rightfuly so have 5 primetime games, the team they beat in the superbowl(arizona) only has 3 primetime games, while the Colts who lost in the first wild card round have 5 :huh: :smash:
Tell me they don't play favorites.
They must because we have 4 primetime games.
I always thought the only teams to get 5 would have to be the champs. something fishy there, I wonder if they still pipe in loud crowd noise in the new stadium.

The saints sure look good
and what about Denver? wow, gonna be tough going there again, always was.

striperman36
09-27-2009, 07:01 PM
The teams that garner the most viewers and hence advertisers get the nod. Peyton is a media magnetic.

The Dad Fisherman
09-28-2009, 05:44 AM
I was checking schedules and see that the champs the steelers rightfuly so have 5 primetime games, the team they beat in the superbowl(arizona) only has 3 primetime games, while the Colts who lost in the first wild card round have 5 :huh: :smash:
Tell me they don't play favorites.
They must because we have 4 primetime games.
I always thought the only teams to get 5 would have to be the champs. something fishy there, I wonder if they still pipe in loud crowd noise in the new stadium.

The saints sure look good.

Let them have the prime time slots.....rather not have to see them playing lip service to manning during Sunday afternoon

and what about Denver? wow, gonna be tough going there again, always was.

Denver has to be the worst 3-0 team out there....I'm pretty sure they'll fall from grace really soon.

The Beat Cincinatti (barely), Cleveland , and Oakland, not exactly a powerhouse schedule to start the season.

Their next 5 games should bring them back to reality.....Dallas, New England, San Diego, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh

Raven
09-28-2009, 05:50 AM
ruled by the beer industry .......this :fury:

Slammer223
10-10-2009, 09:35 PM
The Colts are fun to watch.Now they have Donald Brown too.I like him.

Slipknot
10-11-2009, 09:03 PM
so they keep giving peyton the calls:wall: was it really that bad? wow

just give them the trophy now and get it over with:smash:

The Dad Fisherman
10-13-2009, 06:12 AM
Denver has to be the worst 3-0 team out there....I'm pretty sure they'll fall from grace really soon.

The Beat Cincinatti (barely), Cleveland , and Oakland, not exactly a powerhouse schedule to start the season.

Their next 5 games should bring them back to reality.....Dallas, New England, San Diego, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh

Rule # 1...never listen to me......I don't know WTF I'm talking about.

FishermanTim
10-14-2009, 11:41 AM
I don't know what's worse, watching mediocre teams in primetime or listening to mediocre announcers fawn all over themselves regarding whatever star player is playing that day.
Let's not leave out baseball and basketball here either. Whenever you put pro "has-beens" in a broadcast position without any experience or talent, you get another meting of the "mutual appreciation" society. One of the reasons I like local broadcasters instead of national ones: the locals ACTUALLY know the game and the the players. They don't have to have cheat-sheets put together for them so that they can sound like they know something.

Hint: if the broadcaster goes into a story about one of the players, and he misses at least one play on the field, he's a tool that doesn't know the sport and is reading a script.

OK, I'm done.

JohnnyD
10-14-2009, 12:18 PM
I don't know what's worse, watching mediocre teams in primetime or listening to mediocre announcers fawn all over themselves regarding whatever star player is playing that day.
Let's not leave out baseball and basketball here either. Whenever you put pro "has-beens" in a broadcast position without any experience or talent, you get another meting of the "mutual appreciation" society. One of the reasons I like local broadcasters instead of national ones: the locals ACTUALLY know the game and the the players. They don't have to have cheat-sheets put together for them so that they can sound like they know something.

Hint: if the broadcaster goes into a story about one of the players, and he misses at least one play on the field, he's a tool that doesn't know the sport and is reading a script.

OK, I'm done.

You mean like Jon Gruden fawning over Brett Favre during the entire MNF game? I believe one quote consistently being made fun of by Toucher and Rich is "I just like being associated with that guy. I miss him."

The announcers (suppose to be neutral) were actively rooting for the Vikings to win. It was worse than watching Joe Buck announce a Sox/Yankees game.

FishermanTim
10-14-2009, 12:28 PM
That's exactly why I will mute the TV and put on the radio.
Even the time delay between the two is better than listening to those clowns trying to sound "athletically intelligent".
Heck, I'd even listen to Fran Drescher's (The Nanny) nasally grinding voice as long as she knew what she was talking about.