View Full Version : This sucks

RIJIMMY
09-29-2009, 07:38 AM
Its 8:30 in the am, and Im starving, but.....I cant eat. Since I turned the big 40 this year and my parents cancer history, tomorrow I go for a wonderful colonoscopy. No food today, tonight I drink the stuff that will have me XXXXXXX all night and then tomorrow some guy sticks a tube up my arse.
I keep telling myself its for my kids and its better to do this before its to late.
Those faint of heart should avoid the political forum today 'cause I am going to be MISERABLE........ :love:

PRBuzz
09-29-2009, 08:03 AM
That is why development and approval of noninvasive test such as those under development by Exact Sciences (http://exactsciences.com/) is so appealing. DNA based testing of "stool" sample.

Disclosure: I'm a stock holder and a person that believes in DNA testing

The Dad Fisherman
09-29-2009, 08:14 AM
Just go home tonight and relax in front of the tube by watching a few episodes of "OZ" to get you in the mood and you'll be fine.

In all seriousness, tis better to be safe than sorry. and it is for your kids.....they need your Grumpy arse around for a few more decades.

fishbones
09-29-2009, 08:51 AM
You're doing the smart thing, and besides it's only one day. It will be over before you know it.

If it makes you feel any better, my wife had to fast from Sunday night to last night. I need to remember to stay away from her when she hasn't had any coffee.

nightfighter
09-29-2009, 09:04 AM
I think I could eat up until noon of the day before... At any rate, I was the biggest objector to anyone doing anything in that area. But it wasn't bad at all. Piece of cake. Told them to knock me out before they touched me. Flush wasn't a big deal at all. Weigh yourself before and after. We had a thread started by Tagger to see who was full of the most @#$%.

RIJIMMY
09-29-2009, 09:22 AM
cool idea, I will weigh myself. I can actually eat popsicles and jello, as long as its not red. It will all be over by 10am tomorrow, so I'll get through it. Just seems like today will be a loooooooonnnng day,

Raven
09-29-2009, 09:50 AM
it's a piece of cake

no fretting needed

added: oh by the way
water will solve hunger pangs

RIJIMMY
09-29-2009, 12:19 PM
i've had about 12 glasses and am hitting a wall now, starving!

UserRemoved1
09-29-2009, 01:33 PM
Just don't ask for a souvenir

RIJIMMY
09-29-2009, 01:59 PM
good news, I did a little internet research and it appears beer is a "clear" liquid! So I am going home to pound some beers and some Halflytley!

MrHunters
09-29-2009, 02:31 PM
i hear the colodrink is some kinda awful.
best advice... don't trust a fart.

PRBuzz
09-29-2009, 03:38 PM
I did the pills not liquid, very effective. MrHunters is definitely correct in his advice: they are not farts!

striperman36
09-29-2009, 07:06 PM
Its 8:30 in the am, and Im starving, but.....I cant eat. Since I turned the big 40 this year and my parents cancer history, tomorrow I go for a wonderful colonoscopy. No food today, tonight I drink the stuff that will have me XXXXXXX all night and then tomorrow some guy sticks a tube up my arse.
I keep telling myself its for my kids and its better to do this before its to late.
Those faint of heart should avoid the political forum today 'cause I am going to be MISERABLE........ :love:

you'll get alot of reading in tonight, you have to continue untill .... is clear, tomorrow, you'll be like 1 of 50 people doing the same and you'll sleep through all the proctology jokes. and then you won't do something for like 3 days.

The Dad Fisherman
09-29-2009, 08:25 PM
you'll sleep through all the proctology jokes.

A student of proctology is in the morgue one day after classes, wanting to get a little practice in before the final exams. He goes over to a table where a body is lying face down. He uncovers the sheet over the body, and to his surprise he finds a cork in the corpse's rectum.
Figuring that this is fairly unusual, he pulls the cork out, and to his surprise, music begins playing, "On the road again...just can't wait to get on the road again..."

The student is amazed, and places the cork back in the backside. The music stops. Totally freaked out, the student calls the Medical Examiner over to the corpse. "Look at this, this is really something," the student tells the examiner as he pulls the cork back out again. "On the road again...just can't wait to get on the road again..."

"So what?" the Medical Examiner replies, obviously unimpressed with the student's discovery.

"But isn't that the most amazing thing you've ever seen?" asked the student.

"Are you kidding?" replied the Examiner, "Any Azz-hole can sing country music!"

Raider Ronnie
09-29-2009, 09:11 PM
don't trust a fart.

:rotf2:

redcrbbr
09-30-2009, 12:39 PM
I can now laugh about drinking the citrus flavored flushing elixer. Very effective

RIJIMMY
09-30-2009, 02:34 PM
so, it wasnt really that bad. The gallon of flush didnt taste that bad, I was through crapping by 9:30 last night and the procedure was nothing. I wasnt knocked out and actually watched the monitor. I am almost as good looking inside as I am outside! There was one small polyp that he had to snip and it will be sent for testing but he thinks its ok. Not eating was the hardest part!

fishbones
09-30-2009, 03:05 PM
I am almost as good looking inside as I am outside!

That could be interpreted in 2 ways.:jester:

Raven
09-30-2009, 04:40 PM
consider yourself LUCKY !

The Dad Fisherman
09-30-2009, 06:48 PM
Hope they at least took you out to dinner 1st......

striperman36
09-30-2009, 06:56 PM
so, it wasnt really that bad. The gallon of flush didnt taste that bad, I was through crapping by 9:30 last night and the procedure was nothing. I wasnt knocked out and actually watched the monitor. I am almost as good looking inside as I am outside! There was one small polyp that he had to snip and it will be sent for testing but he thinks its ok. Not eating was the hardest part!

Always been knocked out, where did you go?

Spinal on Friday for my arthroscopy though, me and the doc are gonna have a little talk

RIJIMMY
10-01-2009, 01:25 PM
Brighams and Womens in Chesnut Hill

gone fishin
10-01-2009, 10:51 PM
And now a PERFECT ass hole!:love::gh:

saltfly
10-03-2009, 08:05 AM
Had one done 6 yrs ago.No issues..The funny part was when you wake up and there's a few women in the recovery room with you and the nurse is telling you all to "pass the air " out of your colon.the faces on them was a sight to behold...me.. I just :rotf2:.I've told others that have said"no one is stuffing anything in my rump" Which would you rather have....a tube or a knife up there?Go and get it done it can save your life.