View Full Version : Dreams From....

scottw
10-02-2009, 08:07 AM
...just a guy in the neighborhood....right?

Christopher Andersen says in a newly released book that former domestic terrorist William Ayers helped Barack Obama write the president's highly acclaimed memoir "Dreams from My Father.

Andersen, in "Barack and Michelle: Portrait of a Marriage," writes that Obama was faced with a deadline with the Time Books division of Random House to submit his manuscript after already having canceled a contract with Simon & Schuster. Confronted with the threat of a second failure, his wife, Michelle, suggested he seek the help of "his friend and Hyde Park neighbor Bill Ayers."

Obama had taped interviews with relatives to flesh out his family history, and those "oral histories, along with a partial manuscript and a truckload of notes, were given to Ayers," writes Andersen.

The author quotes a neighbor in the Hyde Park area of Chicago where Obama and Ayers lived, who says of the two, "Everyone knew they were friends and that they worked on various projects together."
"It was no secret. Why would it be? People liked them both," the neighbor said, according to Andersen.

In the end, Ayers's contribution to Barack's "Dreams from My Father" would be significant – so much so that the book's language, oddly specific references, literary devices, and themes would bear a jarring similarity to Ayers's own unique writing style.

In contrast to "Dreams," the Obama writing samples unearthed before 1995 "are pedestrian and uninspired."

There is no precedent for this kind of literary transformation. This appears to be a conscious and consequential deception."

BTW
Bernadine Dohrn (Ohrnstein) formerly #2 on FBI's most wanted list, and one of the co-founders of the radical 60's, weathermen, communists, who is now married to Bill Ayers, was a close mentor to Michelle Obama while Michelle was employed with the Sidney-Austin Law Firm in Chicago between 1984-89. Sometime during 1989, Dohrn also mentored Barack Obama while he was a "summer associate" from Harvard.

I think Obama recently told school children that he has two books and the "I wrote them myself "....