View Full Version : Just 5 Days Left To Register For The Habs for Hasbro Surf Tournament

Crafty Angler
10-05-2009, 08:17 AM
Just a reminder that you've got 5 days left to register for The Habs for Hasbro Memorial Surf Tournament

It costs just $15 to enter and all proceeds will go to Hasbro Hospital's Tomorrow Fund in John's name to help critically ill children and their families.

This year the tournament covers RI and Massachusetts waters and there are now 9 official weigh stations where you can register - they're listed here along with additional tournament info:

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/stripertalk/59332-habs-memorial-surf-tournament-info.html

The weekend is gonna be a blast - from the kick-off Meet & Greet at Flo's Clamshack in Middletown Friday night to the Awards Ceremony and Raffle at the Coddington Brew Pub in Middletown on Sunday - with all raffle proceeds also being donated to Hasbro

We now have thousands of dollars worth of lures, tackle and other prizes from Pt Jude Lures, Surf Asylum, Ryan Smith, Tattoo's Tackle, Sebile, Afterhours Plugs, Big Fish Bait Co., various items from AquaSkinz and many, many more still coming in.

Top prizes also include a Van Staal reel, a Quantum Surf Combo, lures and combos from Tsunami and a 16x20 print of the historic catch of striped bass at the Graves Point Fishing Club in Newport dated 1881 beautifully framed in solid cherry - donated by some nutty old guy who collects that stuff...:hihi:

If nothing else, at least swing by the Coddington Brewery and help us hoist a cold bloooberry ale to John...:cheers:

It's all about fun, friendly competition and plenty of good food and drink with all proceeds benefitting a worthy cause we can all feel good about.

All in all, it's a great way to remember a great guy and a good friend to many - and Habs wouldn't have had it any other way

See you all there...:wave:

cheferson
10-05-2009, 11:09 AM
no pins this year?

tlapinski
10-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Signed up Saturday, can't wait. :fishin:

Quick question: Do you need to sign up for the tournament to attend Sunday's party? My better half is 50/50 on fishing this weekend, but wants to attend the after party.

Clogston29
10-05-2009, 02:54 PM
what's the dead line for registration? i'm probably heading down friday afternoon. thanks.

basswipe
10-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Signed up Saturday, can't wait. :fishin:

Quick question: Do you need to sign up for the tournament to attend Sunday's party? My better half is 50/50 on fishing this weekend, but wants to attend the after party.

Not last year.

But I was wondering the same thing about this year as Jane really won't have the time to fish this weekend.

tynan19
10-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Anyone I am sure can go to the afterparty. They are going to be donating the money from the raffle sales so the more there the better.

jbuck
10-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Everybody is welcome to come and have some fun and raise $$$$$$$$$ in John's memory

Slingah
10-05-2009, 04:34 PM
I won't be able to make it down, but will sign up @ Belsan's.......

Crafty Angler
10-05-2009, 11:20 PM
no pins this year?

No, not this year, Chef - I think the pins are currently in short supply...:(

Nope, no need to sign up for the Awards Party and Raffle on Sunday, T - all are welcome to join in on the fun

what's the dead line for registration? i'm probably heading down friday afternoon. thanks.

The deadline for registration is Friday, October 9th at 4:59:59 PM EDT - lines in at 5:00...:ss:

Not last year
But I was wondering the same thing about this year as Jane really won't have the time to fish this weekend.

Norm, just tell Sweet Jane to come on down and enjoy...:uhuh:

I won't be able to make it down, but will sign up @ Belsan's.......

Thanks, Slingah...:kewl:...wish you could have made it down

Thanks you guys (and girls) - see you all there, we're looking forward to a great tournament and a great time all weekend long!

:bgi::bgi::bgi::bgi::bgi::bgi:

Crafty Angler
10-05-2009, 11:37 PM
Oh yeah, BTW - I just got back from a little pre-tournament recon on the rocks tonight and there was a pretty surprising uptick in activity...:)... even with a full moon as bright as a reading light

Lost a nice one in the rocks, too...:bc:

I'm telling ya, the timing could be impeccable this year...:horse:

luds
10-06-2009, 08:20 AM
What is the cutoff time for signing up?

luds
10-06-2009, 08:21 AM
What is the cutoff time for signing up?

Just read Clogston's question :smash:

Crafty Angler
10-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Just ran into the King of Clams - we're looking good for the Friday night Meet & Greet, but unfortunately he's on his way out of town for the holiday weekend

Stopped by Flo's Monday and talked to Lisa - and ended up getting drafted...:shocked:

Looks like I've been drafted to help out and be maitre d'motel on the Deck...ya know, I've got prior experience, I was actually a Flo's Ho when the Clam Shack first opened, sh#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&' and grinnin'...but I was eating into the profit margin - literally...:D

Hell, I helped decorate the place, too, while it was still under construction...can't believe how much me and Komes had to drink to get it to look right...:rotflmao:

Figure we're gonna have a good turnout, but everybody - myself included - is gonna want to have a rinse or two, chow down and then get lines in the water

Ya know, Danny T is in the kitchen and I'm thinking that 9.95 rib is sounding pretty good to me...:drool:

Anyway, it's gonna be a great kick-off, see you there...:wavey:

From what I hear there's gonna be a fine collection of fish-heads on the Deck...:hihi:

tynan19
10-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Crafty, will I be able to register my father-in-law tomorrow for the tourny. He is overseas till Friday but wants to fish the tourny over the weekend?

Crafty Angler
10-07-2009, 03:34 PM
Casey, cut off for registration is 5:00 PM Friday so it's okay if you pick up a ticket for him tomorrow

Your father-in-law doesn't have to pick it up in person to enter

Thanks, see you guys soon!

tynan19
10-07-2009, 04:08 PM
Thanks Chuck, just wondering on registering someone else.

Crafty Angler
10-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Well, less than 24 hours 'til kickoff...:jump:

And from all appearances, there are fish around

Yup, lots of them...:uhuh:

I'm stoked - it's gonna be a GREAT tournament this year!

See you all this weekend...:kewl:

milo
10-08-2009, 07:19 PM
I'm all in Chuck:biglaugh: pm chuck

Crafty Angler
10-08-2009, 09:11 PM
I'm all in Chuck:biglaugh: pm chuck

Excellent, Milo...:btu:

I'm in the middle of getting my gear squared away - check your PM's a little later...;)