View Full Version : Striper Cup Results - How many entries?

WoodyCT
10-13-2009, 02:09 PM
Does OTW make available a list of all entries?

Would be interesting (read depressing) to see how many fewer fish will be spawning next spring.

Jon

bassballer
10-13-2009, 03:09 PM
kinda sounds like a backhanded slap to me

Mike P
10-13-2009, 07:37 PM
Does OTW make available a list of all entries?

Would be interesting (read depressing) to see how many fewer fish will be spawning next spring.

Not knocking anyone who participates, but I simply can't involve myself in this type of thing. Hell, I don't even kill fish for my club tourney.

Jon

Well, bully for you. Grab a cookie from the tray by the door.

Congratulations on your moral superiority :want:

WoodyCT
10-13-2009, 09:28 PM
If I thought I was morally superior to anyone I'd say so Ditch. I don't kill and that's my choice and simply stating that does not imply that I find fault with others, although it does strike a nerve in over sensitive guys. Like you. Folks who do kill do so by choice, and I respect that. A fish a day, or a fish a week or a fish a season, if they follow the law everything is fine.

My shot is at OTW for what appears to be a profit at any cost mentality. Time and again they put themselves before the resource's future: glorifying commercial fishermen who are willing to take $ to be on TV 'teaching' folks how to fish live bait; shooting a show with a charter captain who feels tandem trebles are needed to catch bass on live pogies, ignoring the possibility of a catch and release category that might result in far fewer bass being killed, etc. etc..

If OTW has done something positive for the future of striped bass fishing someone please enlighten me.

Can I get a glass of 2% Lactaid please?

Krispy
10-13-2009, 09:32 PM
They had a nice listing of 40's, 50's, and 60's caught by entrants at StriperFest

MartinD18
10-14-2009, 05:41 AM
Oh Boy!!! The Evil OTW Thread! We haven't seen that in a while and I kinda miss it! yaaahooooo!!!:rotf2:

Sea Flat
10-14-2009, 11:04 AM
Everybody on this site loves to fish. People that love to fish love to read about fishing and watch fishing shows. People that fish also like to sign up for fishing tournaments that have amazing prizes if you catch the fish of a lifetime. I would venture to say that most people that sign up for the tournament do not even weigh in a fish. Fish that are kept and weighed most likely would have been kept and killed anyways. I love OTW and appreciate what they do for our sport. They do not kill fish, people do.

WESTPORTMAFIA
10-14-2009, 07:13 PM
If your that worried about the amount of fish killed this year or any year you should be trying to fry way bigger fish than OTW. Save the Debbie Downer posts for the winter.