View Full Version : The "Its Over" late season large contest begins

Back Beach
10-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Its Over!!!!:laugha:

Here' s how to play...

1. Fish must be shore caught striped bass.

2. Mass/RI/CT/ME/NH waters only.

3. Provide sufficient proof of your catch, photo preferred...no need to kill the fish.

4. NO CHEATING...I have an internal B.S. Meter that functions flawlessly...:laugha:

5. Largest entry by weight shall receive one of my brand new AH Needles from the stash. Ties will be broken by larger overall length.

6. Contest ends on Thanksgiving day.

7. Every submission must include a :fishslap: directed towards me for giving up too early. :angel:

:want: :want: :want:

spence
10-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Wow, and I was just about get to get started :devil2:

-spence

tattoobob
10-17-2009, 03:59 PM
Me and Tagger will be on BI 11/7 To 11/14 I have hopes of going large, not just a large fall down a cliff like last year

Karl F
10-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Me and Tagger will be on BI 11/7 To 11/14 I have hopes of going large, not just a large fall down a cliff like last year

be carefull Bob...

maybe you and Taggah can set up a breeches buoy to travers that downhill...

http://www.nps.gov/caha/historyculture/images/NPS_BAD_buoy_web.jpg

Raven
10-17-2009, 04:54 PM
your on

numbskull
10-17-2009, 05:34 PM
Where are my ice cubes?

redcrbbr
10-17-2009, 05:56 PM
may have to get canalman to go freeze some eels with me

Raven
10-17-2009, 06:45 PM
Where are my ice cubes?

your killin me :rotf2:

Flaptail
10-17-2009, 07:01 PM
I'll make it easy on you, since I lost my all black AH needle to a thief I need a new one.

piemma
10-18-2009, 11:34 AM
What if you are with me? Does it still count?

numbskull
10-18-2009, 12:15 PM
HAH! Game on. I'd claim it as a 40 but I forgot my funnel, so I'm going with 2 lbs (you can round up, right?). Thank God I had a ZB25 and 11ft rod to stop her.....otherwise she would have blown away.

tattoobob
10-18-2009, 12:20 PM
Your dog thinks it's a salty popsicle

MAKAI
10-18-2009, 01:19 PM
HAH! Game on. I'd claim it as a 40 but I forgot my funnel, so I'm going with 2 lbs (you can round up, right?). Thank God I had a ZB25 and 11ft rod to stop her.....otherwise she would have blown away.

Nice goin High Hook.
Interesting plug, no spot for a rear hook, or is that just the way you are holding it ?
My dog goes gaaga for bass too.

Back Beach
10-18-2009, 02:29 PM

Numbskull is our official leader...the rest of you tire kickers had better get to work...btw George, you forgot the :fishslap: but I'll accept your entry nontheless..

numbskull
10-19-2009, 11:46 PM
OK, OK, it is kinda puny (13 lbs), but it was a nice night and I was happy to get it and I'm trying to be nice to the peripatetic eel-guy who is trying to give away a plug he has no use for but everybody is ignoring. Really, 13 lbs, even if my fatass makes it look smaller.

BassDawg
10-20-2009, 04:33 AM
just saw yer thread,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
thanks for the "opportunity"~~

and i'm IN!!! 13 lbs~~~for reeeels, numbie??

looks like i'll be heading to Li'l Rhody again, SOOON!
:bl: :bl: :bl: :bl:

Back Beach
10-20-2009, 05:40 AM
Numby's on fire...

numbskull
10-20-2009, 06:17 AM
Numby's on fire...

"Composting" would be a better thermal (and general) characterization. Just trying to drum up interest, I like the idea of this contest. Does it, perchance, have daily prizes????????

Back Beach
10-20-2009, 08:00 AM
[QUOTE=numbskull;718624 Just trying to drum up interest, I like the idea of this contest. Does it, perchance, have daily prizes????????[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you can dig into your yellow darter stash and kick this thing up a little more...heck, I'd even pick the rod up a few more times for a shot at one :uhuh:

Flaptail
10-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Figures I would leave the camera in my truck last night, we'll back to the same place tonight with camera.:smash:

Youre all toast.:uhuh:

Back Beach
10-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Youre all toast.:uhuh:

Bring it on Steve-O...:rumble:

tlapinski
10-20-2009, 06:44 PM
I weighed in fish of 19.8 # and 22.65 # for the MS tourney in RI this past weekend if they count. If not, I'll just have to do better this week. :devil2:
:fishslap::fishslap:

fumifish
10-20-2009, 07:47 PM
numbskull and the parrot plugs... those bass must really like em

luds
10-20-2009, 08:01 PM
I weighed in fish of 19.8 # and 22.65 # for the MS tourney in RI this past weekend if they count. If not, I'll just have to do better this week. :devil2:

nah, it was not over until 10/17.

luds
10-20-2009, 08:03 PM

caught prior to 10/17 prior to 4:08 pm? that's when it was over.

vineyardblues
10-20-2009, 08:04 PM

Lmao ..Hi Toby

VB

tlapinski
10-20-2009, 08:18 PM
caught prior to 10/17 prior to 4:08 pm? that's when it was over.

nope, caught about 230 am on 9/18, so that must be when it was really over. JohnR was around to verify the catch on the larger fish, but he mysteriously disappeared to his truck for about 30 minutes, as did his partner for the night, then he reappeared all refreshed... :hidin:

Rmarsh
10-21-2009, 05:35 AM
:fishslap::fishslap::fishslap::fishslap::fishslap: :fishslap:
My personal best caught last night, 10/20 on a large eel.
Caught from shore somewhere in buzzards bay.

Was just about to quit for the night and was thinking maybe the season was over for me.

Sure am glad my fishing buddy kept me going, telling me not to give up saying "It ain't over till the fat lady sings". Thanks Rich

Weighed 38# and 47" long.

P.S. I have a couple of AH lures, they are extremely well made.
Would love to add another to my bag.

Slipknot
10-21-2009, 06:55 AM
:btu: Excellant! nice going there.

I'd have had to put many fish together from last night to come close to yours.

Back Beach
10-21-2009, 07:56 AM

Was just about to quit for the night and was thinking maybe the season was over for me.

Sure am glad my fishing buddy kept me going, telling me not to give up saying "It ain't over till the fat lady sings". Thanks Rich

RMARSH!!!! :banano:

Flaptail's gonna be crying in his cheerios when he see this one... :crying: :crying::crying::crying::hang:...:behead:

You're the best...great catch and even better with the multiple :fishslap: submission...:btu:

Will it hold up until Thanksgiving though? Stay tuned...

Back Beach
10-21-2009, 08:04 AM
.... on a large eel.

Whoops, I almost missed this all important point. As one of my eel fishing brethren, I'll gladly throw you a pack of eel hooks(your choice of size and style) if your submission holds up...:uhuh:

Flaptail
10-21-2009, 09:43 AM
RMARSH!!!! :banano:

Flaptail's gonna be crying in his cheerios when he see this one... :crying: :crying::crying::crying::hang:...:behead:

You're the best...great catch and even better with the multiple :fishslap: submission...:btu:

Will it hold up until Thanksgiving though? Stay tuned...

Nope Flappy ain't cryin in his cheerios yet, If the fish that tore the back hook out of my 7 inch MAMBO last night has friends around tonight, your all still toast.:uhuh:

Back Beach
10-21-2009, 10:40 AM
If the fish that tore the back hook out of my 7 inch MAMBO last night has friends around tonight, your all still toast.:uhuh:

Check Numby's left butt cheek closely when you get the opportunity...perhaps you'll find the missing hook .:wavey:

RIJIMMY
10-21-2009, 11:01 AM
beautiful fish rmarsh - congrats

JohnR
10-21-2009, 11:12 AM
nope, caught about 230 am on 9/18, so that must be when it was really over. JohnR was around to verify the catch on the larger fish, but he mysteriously disappeared to his truck for about 30 minutes, as did his partner for the night, then he reappeared all refreshed... :hidin:

:rotf2: - Yeh - Powernap ;)

Excellent fish - Congrats on the PB

BassDawg
10-21-2009, 12:17 PM
that's a BEAUTY, RMarsh!!!
:claps: :claps: :claps: :claps:

congrats on the pb and taking the lead!

redcrbbr
10-21-2009, 12:33 PM
congrats on your PB Bob. Healthy looking fish

JLH
10-21-2009, 01:08 PM
Great fish RMARSH! Good to see some big fish still being taken to the north.

piemma
10-21-2009, 02:26 PM
Congrats. Great fish and especially as it is getting late.

numbskull
10-21-2009, 04:05 PM
Now that is a worthy fish, congrats. 38# is a good number, beatable but not easily. Work to be done. Maybe some praying, too.

ProfessorM
10-21-2009, 04:11 PM
Nice job. I may have caught the smallest fish this morning, like 15 inches. Also caught my face while trying to dislodge a plug from the bubble weed. I got real lucky with only a little blood loss.
I fished early this morning where Flap may have been last nite and got schooled by some fly guys, but they were all 18" fish. I suck. Canal put me in work early again today, terribly uneventful for third straight morning for plugging, but still some decent bait was seen. I suck, in case I didn't mention that.

Rmarsh
10-21-2009, 06:36 PM
Thanks everyone: for the kudos on my PB.

If I had to bet on it...I would saythat it won't hold up until Thanksgiving.

Although I seriosly doubt that I can top that myself, I'm heading out again tommorow night to try anyway.

Good luck, dress warm, and have fun!

PS: Sorry, Back Beach, for all those multiple fishslaps, :) and thanks for the offer of the eel hooks. I fish plugs alot too and the AfterHours
lure is what Id like if I win :drool: Any pics of what they might be?

justplugit
10-21-2009, 06:58 PM
:btu: Excellant! nice going there.

I'd have had to put many fish together from last night to come close to yours.

LOL :D

mcafam
10-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Is this a group thing or can anyone join in? Tagger know's me/ can vouch for me.

numbskull
10-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Is this a group thing or can anyone join in? Tagger know's me/ can vouch for me.

You are absolutely welcome..............even if you do keep seedy company.

intrepid24
10-22-2009, 05:30 PM

well, if it isn't, i wanna get involved !!! i love surf catching !!!:fishin::

mcafam
10-23-2009, 05:58 AM
You are absolutely welcome..............even if you do keep seedy company.

Thanks, and yeah, I know, but what can I say.....I actually liked Eddie long before I knew he fished! Go figure.

And it was nice meeting you last weekend. Hope to fish with you and your puppy one of these days.

Rmarsh
10-23-2009, 06:49 AM
congrats on your PB Bob. Healthy looking fish
Thanks Bob: It was nice bumping into you out on the beach this past Sat night. in that strong wind. Too bad our campfire was petering out
when you arrived. Hadn't seen you in a while. I always enjoy talking and fishing with you.

nightfighter
10-24-2009, 05:12 PM
petern27 took a fat 32" fish out of the northern surf up here this morning! Congrats on your latest in the year catch Pete! Good eating at your house tonight! I got two small fish in two hours after you left, so you didn't miss anything.....

Biteme
10-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Not over yet. Fish on the beach all day

Vogt
10-24-2009, 05:50 PM
Not over yet....

Bluefish fiesta last night in soco :smash:
Water is still pretty warm.

piemma
10-25-2009, 10:26 AM
I am DONE with the Ditch. Fished last night in pouring rain and 40 Knot winds. NADA. ZILCH, ZERO. good thing RI Rockhound and I found fish yesterday morning in SoCo.:uhuh:

MAKAI
10-25-2009, 03:47 PM
I am DONE with the Ditch. Fished last night in pouring rain and 40 Knot winds. NADA. ZILCH, ZERO. good thing RI Rockhound and I found fish yesterday morning in SoCo.:uhuh:

I was also there in the monsoon.
I am going to start filling it in.
fished the canal sat early am
so co sat afternoon, early eve, 3 spots
canal sat eve and sun am
3 small fish total
I am now on auto Bozo.
Where's my bottle of thunderbird ?
:uhoh:

JohnnyD
10-25-2009, 08:08 PM
canal sat eve and sun am
3 small fish total
I am now on auto Bozo.

You idiot. Why the hell would you endure all of that. You'd have to be completely out of your mind to torture yourself for that long for 3 schoolies.

I guess the only thing stupider would be if you had started Friday afternoon, instead of Saturday morning, and only caught one 24" fish over 3 days. Only a complete moron would do that.:hidin:

piemma
10-26-2009, 02:25 AM
canal sat eve and sun am
3 small fish total
I am now on auto Bozo.

Wish I had know you were at the Canal Sat evening. We could of grabbed a cup of java and shared some Lanny/Chuckie stories.

MAKAI
10-26-2009, 06:51 AM
You idiot. Why the hell would you endure all of that. You'd have to be completely out of your mind to torture yourself for that long for 3 schoolies.

I guess the only thing stupider would be if you had started Friday afternoon, instead of Saturday morning, and only caught one 24" fish over 3 days. Only a complete moron would do that.:hidin:

I guess so.
Think I'll go back to chasing women to torture my soul. F the F.:devil2:

MAKAI
10-26-2009, 06:56 AM
Wish I had know you were at the Canal Sat evening. We could of grabbed a cup of java and shared some Lanny/Chuckie stories.

would have been a lot more fun, I mean who stands out in that stuff other than the insane. Next I will see how long I can stare at the sun.:1poke:

numbskull
11-04-2009, 03:54 PM
OK, OK....it is not 39 lbs and it was from a boat.......but found a lot of fish today and large bait to boot. Mostly small, but enough this size (most which we missed) that if I was in RI and had a NE gale pending, I'd be hopeful about next week. Great company as well. Some serious homemade wood got wet on this trip.

striperman36
11-04-2009, 07:04 PM
That's one ugly dog holding that fish

Back Beach
11-05-2009, 08:41 AM
Nice catches and pics George.

I was just about to bump this thread to the top and antagonize Flaptail, but you beat me to it...:angel:

ProfessorM
11-05-2009, 05:44 PM
I was lucky enough to go out again today to striper heaven, what an area:love:, with another sharpie and did even better in the morning but slowed down in the afternoon. All fish caught on home made's. The biggest fishes were in 20 lb category and a lot of fun on light tackle. Thanks to Art for the awesome day on the water and to George for telling him I was free. You guys made my fall as I was having a miserable time finding fish. We left plenty out there for you guys to the south and west.:uhuh:

Finaddict
11-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Paul - glad you had a great day

blondterror
11-07-2009, 05:38 PM
The rocks along the Elizabeth chain are great.. looks like the wind was not bad so you did not freeze your ass off...

blondterror
11-07-2009, 09:07 PM
looks like the white plug caught ALL the fish.. Is that a Professor original or a BigFish plug?

UPSmanMatt
11-08-2009, 12:22 AM
19# 34inches. Not huge, but the biggest for me since May.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/matt_rise/fishing/HPIM2706.jpg

numbskull
11-08-2009, 06:36 AM
And made all the better by the fact that you are out there working to find it after most guys have quit. Well done..... and nice reel as well.

ProfessorM
11-08-2009, 10:53 AM
mine spook, Georges danny, yes white was good. We don't need no stinkin bigfish plugs:)

Flaptail
11-09-2009, 07:16 AM
Could one be entered with a sworn witness statement/affidavit?

I got a 30lber Thursday night (November 5th) camera is in Ireland with my daughter so no pics. I was surfcasting with 2na Mike.

Course it would only be a second place entry I guess but there is still time. I mean are the rules ironclad or could you make exception if there is a credible witness. :confused: I ain't killin' one unless it won't make it back alive due to hook location/bleeding etc.

Just a thought.

Back Beach
11-09-2009, 08:51 AM
Could one be entered with a sworn witness statement/affidavit?

I got a 30lber Thursday night (November 5th) camera is in Ireland with my daughter so no pics. I was surfcasting with 2na Mike.

Course it would only be a second place entry I guess but there is still time. I mean are the rules ironclad or could you make exception if there is a credible witness. :confused: I ain't killin' one unless it won't make it back alive due to hook location/bleeding etc.

Just a thought.

Quit begging...its all or nothing here in late season land. :horse:

ProfessorM
11-09-2009, 10:30 AM
second place is just that second place. Nice fish though
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Sea Dangles
11-09-2009, 01:39 PM
Silver for second,give him a tin.

Rmarsh
11-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Flap: First of all, nice going on taking second place so far,
30 pounder is a nice fish. BackBeach can make the call on the rules as he sees fit.
Heres a suggestion and please dont take this the wrong way. Wallmart has disposable waterproof cameras for less than $10. I agree with you about releasing a fish unharmed if possible, but if you really think you are going to win this, spend the $10.
I admire your competitiveness and thanks for keeping it interesting.

Back Beach
11-09-2009, 03:16 PM
I mean are the rules ironclad or could you make exception if there is a credible witness. :confused:

Credible witness? :laugha:

I hope you're not referring to Numbskull...you might already be secretly disqualified from this thing just for admitting you know him, much less fish with him.

numbskull
11-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Just for the record, I know nothing and do not claim to be credible. Now where do I get one of those swell hats?

Flaptail
11-10-2009, 07:18 AM
Flap: First of all, nice going on taking second place so far,
30 pounder is a nice fish. BackBeach can make the call on the rules as he sees fit.
Heres a suggestion and please dont take this the wrong way. Wallmart has disposable waterproof cameras for less than $10. I agree with you about releasing a fish unharmed if possible, but if you really think you are going to win this, spend the $10.
I admire your competitiveness and thanks for keeping it interesting.

True enough I should have thought of that plus, and here is the real kicker, I had my phone in my pocket and guess what? It takes pictures too, I just never think of using it. Duh!!!!!!!! What a dope.

Anyway I am down for a few days, went to the Doc's yesterday and I have a winner of a sinus infection and feel like my eyeballs are being pushed out of my head from the inside out. I tried to sneak out last night. My wife has been more or less bed ridden for the last week with flu/bronchitis and sinus issues so I tiptoed downstairs to open the bulkhead to sneak my stuff out to the truck and slink off into the night but she awoke just in time to catch me trying to close the bulkhead door. If I had just been smart enough to have closed the tailgate door so the lights in my truck were not on she wouldn't have noticed, the lights in the truck gave me away.

So.... after roundly being cussed for my "stupidity" I brought all my stuff in and that was that. I still think last night was about as good a fall night as you will get for fishing, I just hope someone on Cape Cod was out there taking advantage.

Pete F.
11-10-2009, 08:58 AM
Salt air is good for a sinus infection, sounds believable to me.

numbskull
11-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Anyway I am down for a few days, went to the Doc's yesterday and I have a winner of a sinus infection and feel like my eyeballs are being pushed out of my head from the inside out. .

Too bad it wasn't a brain infection......in your case there would be a lot more room for it to expand before it affected your eyes.

the point
11-10-2009, 10:48 AM
23-24lber from Last week.

UPSmanMatt
11-10-2009, 11:25 PM
And made all the better by the fact that you are out there working to find it after most guys have quit. Well done..... and nice reel as well.

Thanx. 704 still gettin' it done!

piemma
11-11-2009, 04:00 AM
I did NOT catch this fish but it was 65 pounds and came from Montauk

Back Beach
11-13-2009, 03:00 PM
YouTube - Time Is Running Out: Live At Wembley Stadium 2007 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzpGk44UXKQ)

numbskull
11-13-2009, 04:24 PM
I'm toast.

ProfessorM
11-13-2009, 05:56 PM
Dragged my boat home from work last nite. Been sitting there idle for a month and a half filling up with leaves. I pretty much think that is it for me, although the end may have been last week with George and Art as I have not wet a line since then. On to plug building I guess.

intrepid24
11-13-2009, 06:15 PM
I did NOT catch this fish but it was 65 pounds and came from Montauk

really, i was thinking about a trip to that area, on some calm day.
do you think its legit ?

Slipknot
11-22-2009, 08:23 AM
I get the impression it really IS over

BigFish
11-22-2009, 08:24 AM
Slip is 8'10" tall......that shad is like 35 pounds!!:rotf2:

piemma
11-22-2009, 12:14 PM
Fish in SoCo this morning. Cold as a well diggers A$$. Biggest was 32". I hate talkin' inches.

nightfighter
11-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Officially over for me..... last casts today made with thoughts of Flap and his family. Rods out of truck and into the den rafters, so I can see them through the off season... I will get to cleaning, organizing, turning and building when the mid-winter blues set in. In hindsight, was a good year.

piemma
11-22-2009, 02:51 PM
really, i was thinking about a trip to that area, on some calm day.
do you think its legit ?

It's legit. Sent to me by a friend who lives on LI. Picture was taken near Paulie's Tackle which is right at the end of Montauk.

Mr. Krinkle
11-22-2009, 04:21 PM
That pic of the 65lber is an older pic from about 2 years ago. That's been floating around for awhile. I have it on my email, my friend took it with a camera phone.

Back Beach
11-23-2009, 11:52 AM
Its looking like Rmarsh may take the cake here.....hey wait a minute, is that Rosie Ruiz donned in waders shlepping a 40# plus fish towards the weigh station?

I can't believe it....

ProfessorM
11-23-2009, 12:42 PM
I can't believe he, excuse me she, was using a plug. Congrats to the winner.

Rmarsh
11-23-2009, 10:15 PM
Oh No! Not Rosie Ruiz of Boston Marathon Infamy.
Damm! I fish that spot all the time and I've never seen her there!
Hey wait a minute is that pic photoshoped?:fury:

JohnR
11-24-2009, 07:52 AM
Oh No! Not Rosie Ruiz of Boston Marathon Infamy.
Damm! I fish that spot all the time and I've never seen her there!
Hey wait a minute is that pic photoshoped?:fury:
Face is real, fish was photo-shopped :buds:.

Back Beach
11-24-2009, 09:09 AM
Face is real, fish was photo-shopped :buds:.

Stay tuned, I think its gonna be a "photo" finish here....

CaptMike
11-24-2009, 10:26 AM
still a couple days left! I'll be hitting the saltponds on the lower cape!

Rmarsh
11-24-2009, 06:53 PM
I'm done. My wife is in the hospital with a serious case of Pmeumonia
She's on oxygen and IV antibiotics right now. I'll be at the hospital with her as much as I can and home to take care of the house, kids and dog. Called work and told them I was taking some personal time off to help her recover. I've never had it (pneumonia)but she says she feels like shes fighting for her life right now. Been married to her for 32 years now and never seen her this sick. Made me realize how much she means to me.

JohnR
11-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Good luck with your bride :btu: - the fish can wait.

Back Beach
11-28-2009, 01:30 PM
First off, thanks to everyone for participating.

Our official winner is RMARH. Congrats on the catch and more importantly, I hope your wife is well.

PM me your mailing address and I'll get the care package out asap.

Rappin Mikey
11-28-2009, 02:19 PM
Congrats! Nice fish. Thanks for the opp BB.

numbskull
11-28-2009, 03:29 PM
I'm done. My wife is in the hospital with a serious case of Pneumonia... Been married to her for 32 years now and never seen her this sick. Made me realize how much she means to me.

Ugh! Congrats on your fish, but more importantly best wishes for your wife.

Rmarsh
11-28-2009, 04:34 PM
[QUOTE=Back Beach;726637]First off, thanks to everyone for participating.

Our official winner is RMARH. Congrats on the catch and more importantly, I hope your wife is well.

I am happy to say she is home now and doing much better!
I'm so glad she"s home!:love:

Thanks for the chance to join the fun, to share stories and laughs as well as sadness along the way this fall doing something we love doing.

FISHING!

RickBomba
11-28-2009, 06:14 PM
Good news on the contest and the wife (most importantly the wife!).
I had a pretty bad respetory infection after what I'm guessing was the swine, can't be too careful!
Later,
Rick
PS - Can't seem to spell respatory right!

ProfessorM
11-28-2009, 07:31 PM
congrats on both fronts

JohnR
11-29-2009, 01:49 PM
Thank you Back Beach - Congrats RMarsh :btu:

Hope you wife is feeling better.

piemma
11-29-2009, 05:51 PM
I had a pretty bad respetory infection after what I'm guessing was the swine, can't be too careful!
Later,
Rick

My good friend at the local hardware store has had it for a month. It is the swine-a-rino

Raven
11-29-2009, 05:56 PM
Later,
Rick

think of the root first

meaning to resporate then think respiratory

dunno why the "o" suddenly changes
to " i " lousy bastards :confused:

Rmarsh
11-30-2009, 06:26 AM
Thank you Back Beach - Congrats RMarsh :btu:

Hope you wife is feeling better.

Thanks John: She is doing much better now, but the week she spent in the hospital had some scary moments. She was close to being put on a ventilator in ICU.

One night a nurse relocated her IV to a new vein, next morning we discovered that the antibiotics bag was never turned on!

Thanks to everyone here for the good wishes and concern.
Great bunch of people here on SB.com