View Full Version : One Last Swing...........

BigFish
10-27-2009, 11:57 AM
Headed out one last time. Good or bad......I am packing it in and hitting the sweet water for awhile! The fishing has been just horrible all fall for me personally and the season can't end soon enough for me so I am going to end it! Wish me luck......I am hoping for that 1 nice fish.....or a bunch.....going out in a blaze of glory.....or in flames....one way or the other!!:huh:

Swimmer
10-27-2009, 12:08 PM
I am going early Friday Larry.............:drool:

JFigliuolo
10-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Tomorrow night MIGHT be my last at bat also... might have to harrass some trout for a bit.

bart
10-27-2009, 01:22 PM
already in winter workout mode here :musc:

JohnR
10-27-2009, 01:47 PM
already in winter workout mode here :musc:

Shouldn't you be using these smileys :buds::cheers::eyes::cheers2: instead of :musc: ?

blondterror
10-27-2009, 01:54 PM
I had my last at bat on Sunday morning in Westerly. I did not even get a splash but a friend had some decent action near one of the breachways at false dawn with black needle last friday..... see (striperjunkie.com)

a frustrating fall for me ... 3 trips to SoCo and only blues and a few schoolies were caught but I still had a lot of fun trying...

One more work trip to NJ with a night of fishing in early Nov and then I', done

chris

Flaptail
10-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Headed out one last time. Good or bad......I am packing it in and hitting the sweet water for awhile! The fishing has been just horrible all fall for me personally and the season can't end soon enough for me so I am going to end it! Wish me luck......I am hoping for that 1 nice fish.....or a bunch.....going out in a blaze of glory.....or in flames....one way or the other!!:huh:

Looked for you last night, u didn't miss much.

bart
10-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Shouldn't you be using these smileys :buds::cheers::eyes::cheers2: instead of :musc: ?

tis the season. only thing that's missing :lm:

piemma
10-27-2009, 02:16 PM
I'm gonna Ditch it tonight. need to clear the brain cells.

eastendlu
10-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Don't worry Larry and the rest of you guys just sit back and watch the fall classic if there are no fish.:devil2::biglaugh::lurk::fence:

ProfessorM
10-27-2009, 03:22 PM
Low real Low Lu. I can't do it. I think I will have to fish. Go Phillies

eastendlu
10-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Low real Low Lu. I can't do it. I think I will have to fish. Go Phillies

Just a Zinnnnger Paul.:jump1:

Raven
10-27-2009, 04:17 PM
where's the global warming? should still be summer :smash:

ivanputski
10-27-2009, 06:41 PM
actually "ending" it is difficult... if things are good, you cant stop... so you keep going and going if its bad in hopes of one last good outing that sometimes never comes, and you get a bit pissed and finally quit while second guessing if you should or not... but it starts to get frustrating putting so much effort for such little return. Season NEVER end in a bang, because if you slammed fish tonight, youre not hanging it up... what a dilemma!! glad I dont gamble!!!

Adam_777
10-27-2009, 07:22 PM
I'm not quitting yet.Shooting for thanksgiving.Got to fill my bus with skunks.Not just the minivan!

Striper_Haven_03
10-27-2009, 07:42 PM
Fat Lady was warming up...but I hit her in the face with a few eels and she went away...Still good for another week..

BigFish
10-28-2009, 12:01 AM
Got into them! Also was all by myself for most of the action!:kewl: Nothing big but fish every cast for awhile on swimmers.....just the way I like it!!:uhuh: Biggest was about 15 pounds.....lost a bunker "Prey" to something large???:fury: Was into them pretty good until someone taller than me and almost as handsome showed up.......then things slowed down.......I think he scared them away????

Rob Rockcrawler
10-28-2009, 03:36 AM
Ive got quite a bit more left in the tank. 1 more trip to Blcok in a couple weeks. Just a weekend expedition. Soco this weekend.

flyvice11787
10-28-2009, 08:38 AM
Got into them! Also was all by myself for most of the action!:kewl: Nothing big but fish every cast for awhile on swimmers.....just the way I like it!!:uhuh: Biggest was about 15 pounds.....lost a bunker "Prey" to something large???:fury: Was into them pretty good until someone taller than me and almost as handsome showed up.......then things slowed down.......I think he scared them away????

So for all your talk of doom and gloom, the season's not quite over yet ;).
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

ProfessorM
10-28-2009, 08:59 AM
flap ruined it for you? Twin towers at work. glad you got something.

Flaptail
10-28-2009, 09:05 AM
No I just told the fish to amscray and icksnay on the bigfish plugs.

I have them trained so well they did exactly what I wanted!!!!!:uhuh::rotf2::jump1:

Flaptail
10-28-2009, 09:07 AM
Oh and BTW if anyone is intersted in a brand new parrot Numbskull Musso knock off darter and has $50.00 US dollars I can draw them a map where they can find one hanging off a rock that is accesible only at low tide.

It should be no problem for anyone over 6 feet tall.:)

ProfessorM
10-28-2009, 09:10 AM
that leaves me out, just not fair. Tall guys have all the luck

eastendlu
10-28-2009, 09:14 AM
that leaves me out, just not fair. Tall guys have all the luck

Get spackler stilts.:uhuh:

afterhours
10-28-2009, 09:18 AM
being tall did'nt work out well for goliath :). just ask david...

Crafty Angler
10-28-2009, 09:30 AM
Got into them! Also was all by myself for most of the action!:kewl: Nothing big but fish every cast for awhile on swimmers.....just the way I like it!!:uhuh: Biggest was about 15 pounds.....lost a bunker "Prey" to something large???:fury: ...

Attaboy, Larry...:kewl:

God hates a quitter

Oh and BTW if anyone is intersted in a brand new parrot Numbskull Musso knock off darter and has $50.00 US dollars I can draw them a map where they can find one hanging off a rock that is accesible only at low tide.

A Numby Musso darter...:smokin:

Time to give Ed B a call...that'd be right up his alley and he meets the height requirement and then some...:hihi:

JohnnyD
10-28-2009, 12:39 PM

Congrats. With your recent posts, seems like you definitely could use a night like that.

I made my Hail Mary trip over the weekend. Got to the Canal early afternoon Friday, grabbed a couple hours of sleep here and there and left noon on Sunday. One Fish over the whole weekend. We even made a trip to SoCo to no avail.

BigFish
10-28-2009, 12:42 PM
My entire weekend Friday to Tuesday was like that JD! Had 1 dink up until last night for all the hours I put in this weekend!!:smash:

GattaFish
10-28-2009, 12:56 PM

Can a really determined short guy with water wings get it???:rotf2:

JohnnyD
10-28-2009, 01:04 PM
My entire weekend Friday to Tuesday was like that JD! Had 1 dink up until last night for all the hours I put in this weekend!!:smash:

Makai and I were talking and I agree with him. Unless it's for a 3 hour trip after work, I'm done with the canal for the season. Between the short windows that fish show up, trying not to break your neck on the rocks, the back pain after hours of awkwardly standing on shaky rocks and the two times in the last week I've busted my wrist after slipping, I'm going to hit the sand somewhere southerly.

BigFish
10-28-2009, 01:39 PM
15 pounder I got last night......not huge but after the skunks I been catching........it felt like a 50! Proceeded to lose that "Prey" on the next cast to a nice fish.....kudos to the fish!

tynan19
10-28-2009, 05:21 PM
Glad you got into em. Does this mean your done?

BigFish
10-28-2009, 09:36 PM
MMmmmmm.....ask me again later!:jump1:

Slipknot
10-28-2009, 09:47 PM
You ain't done yet:smash:

Slingah
10-28-2009, 09:47 PM
MMmmmmm.....ask me again later!:jump1:

sounds like the FlapTalk got you motivated again...:uhuh:

BigFish
10-28-2009, 09:49 PM
75% sure I am done....but who knows we might get an Indian Summer???