View Full Version : Don't You Friggin Hate It When........

BigFish
11-03-2009, 02:25 PM
You are fishing a regular spot, one you have fished about 100 times and know pretty well......when you bump into a guy while fishing and he begins to coach you on how to fish the spot and how the tide runs and how you should do this and how you should do that........:smash:.....funny thing is the guy goes on to say he gets alot of fish there.....but nothing big.....its just not a big fish spot! All the while you are thinking to yourself......"Buddy.....do I look like I just fell off the Googan Wagon???":wall: Then aren't you tempted to tell him about all the really huge fish that you catch there????:uhuh: He goes on to say he doesn't think your swimmer will work very well there in the current........too funny!!! I just sat there, was polite and laughed my arse off deep down inside!!!:rotf2:

JFigliuolo
11-03-2009, 02:46 PM
It was great meeting you today larry...

Finaddict
11-03-2009, 02:48 PM
:rotf2:It was great meeting you today larry...

BigFish
11-03-2009, 03:01 PM
Great meeting you too J! Thanks for the tip on how to properly wade into the water!!:rotf2::rotf2:

smac
11-03-2009, 05:07 PM
What's even better, is in the spring when you have already started slaying fish, some chucklehead strolls by and says "Little early? The fish have even started running yet".

I just let him keep on strol:rollem:ling by and agree " Oh yeah? really? No kidding?"

Mike P
11-03-2009, 05:49 PM
If this fall was really all that bad for you--maybe you should have listened a little closer to the guy :grins:

BigFish
11-03-2009, 05:51 PM
Wasn't just bad for me Mike....seems to be the general consensus! Don't let the fact I had a bad season wear on you Mike...I will get over it!:rotf2:

Swimmer
11-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Seems like I run into someone on the Vineyard every year that does just that Larry. I did this year with SKD along with me. I kept my mouth shut for once. This guy said he had been coming to the island to fish the derby every year for the last 5 or 6 years. New everything thier was to know I think about fishing Wasque. He wasn't a bad guy, just big on himself.

I didn't tell him this year was my thirty-second year fishing the derby.

macojoe
11-03-2009, 07:15 PM
.do I look like I just fell off the Googan Wagon??

a little :hidin:

The Iceman 6
11-03-2009, 07:24 PM
It's very tough but sometimes silence is GOLDEN, it's called taking the high road . Easier said then done though. Prob. that guy's 3rd time @ that spot would be my guess.

Mike P
11-03-2009, 07:43 PM
Wasn't just bad for me Mike....seems to be the general consensus! Don't let the fact I had a bad season wear on you Mike...I will get over it!:rotf2:

I'll try my best to get my regular 8 hours tonight, Larry :rotf2:

numbskull
11-03-2009, 07:48 PM
Sometimes you can learn a lot from some one who wants to talk about their success, even if you consider them a novice. If they have caught fish I'm happy to hear how they did it.

BuckTail BILL
11-03-2009, 08:14 PM
Well put
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

MAKAI
11-03-2009, 08:38 PM
I like to flip my reel opposite of normal when someone comes up to me,:)

justplugit
11-03-2009, 09:20 PM
"Speak your truth quietly and listen intently, even the dull and ignorant, they have their story too" :hihi:

WESTPORTMAFIA
11-03-2009, 10:53 PM
It usually don't bother me but I had one real idiot telling me not to fish the bottom of the ditch after he saw my bucktail because it was real rocky and that I would lose all my gear and the tide wasn't good and blah blah blah.

Bocephus
11-04-2009, 09:11 AM
I caught a nice bass in a known wading spot last year, a younger guy saw me and asked what I got it on, I told him an eel. 5 minutes later, he is edging his way out, in shorts and tee shirt, with an eel on.....and a bobber about 5 feet up. I just couldnt help myself after watching him for 20 minutes. Told him that it would be best to lose the bobber. He said he didnt want to snag the bottom. I say OK, then moved away. I had a few strangers tell me what to do when I was starting out, and thankfully I listened. But there are always the experts out there that are better than everyone. Thankfully most tend to congregate at the breachways!!

Sea Dangles
11-04-2009, 09:33 AM
You are fishing a regular spot, one you have fished about 100 times and know pretty well......when you bump into a guy while fishing and he begins to coach you on how to fish the spot and how the tide runs and how you should do this and how you should do that........:smash:.....funny thing is the guy goes on to say he gets alot of fish there.....but nothing big.....its just not a big fish spot! All the while you are thinking to yourself......"Buddy.....do I look like I just fell off the Googan Wagon???":wall: Then aren't you tempted to tell him about all the really huge fish that you catch there????:uhuh: He goes on to say he doesn't think your swimmer will work very well there in the current........too funny!!! I just sat there, was polite and laughed my arse off deep down inside!!!:rotf2:

Run into Flap again Larry?

The Dad Fisherman
11-04-2009, 09:46 AM
I once saw a guy fishing a rubber grub.....w/ a bobber and a bank weight :huh:

BasicPatrick
11-04-2009, 12:11 PM
But there are always the experts out there that are better than everyone. Thankfully most tend to congregate at the breachways!!

I am convinced that most experts congregate on the internet!!!

ecduzitgood
11-04-2009, 12:18 PM
I am always open for suggestions, then I just start fishing my way and see if I am luckier than them:biglaugh:.

DRUMCORPFAN
11-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Funny, Had this happen to me on the vineyard at I spot I know well.
Didnt have it in me to tell him I won the Derby twice, Just nodded and smiled.

Leo

redcrbbr
11-04-2009, 12:47 PM
I am convinced that most experts congregate on the internet!!!

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Van
11-05-2009, 05:07 PM

Got that beat. I was chunking a river back in the day and this guy shows up, casts out a swimmer (like a rebel or something), lets it sink to the bottom, sets his rod in a holder and sits down "waiting"..

I didn't say a word.....

Larry your getting to be like me.....A WEIRDO MAGNET.....

Mike P
11-05-2009, 05:50 PM

Probably the same guy I saw clip a pencil popper to a fish-finder rig with a 6 oz bank sinker.

And yup--after he casted, he put the rod in the rocks and waited for a nibble ;)

numbskull
11-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Probably the same guy I saw clip a pencil popper to a fish-finder rig with a 6 oz bank sinker.

I could see that working. Sink a pencil to the bottom in current, feed it line then draw it back and let it wobble up and down the water column.....even better put a skin on it. An occasional hard lift and a drop back to move it along. Keep a skin plug 5 feet off the bottom for as long as you like. Hmmmmm.......

RIROCKHOUND
11-05-2009, 06:52 PM
[QUOTE=Bocephus;721499]with an eel on.....and a bobber about 5 feet up. /QUOTE]

Don't knock this technique.... it does work...

Pete F.
11-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Amazing the things some guys will do to get out of the house, some guys even pay money to hit a little ball, find it and hit it again. Like that's rational.

Slipknot
11-05-2009, 08:14 PM

no I don't hate it
I just chalk it up to a know it all who likes to talk too much

l.i.fish.in.vt
11-05-2009, 08:34 PM
almost as bad as listening to guys on the internet complaining how bad the fishing is.