View Full Version : certification prior to issuing a saltwater fishing license ?

striprman
11-06-2009, 04:47 PM
Many licenses require certification training prior to being issued. Hunting, trapping, driver... I've seen all the complaints about "googans" not knowing what they are doing. Even experienced fishermen learn something each time they fish, things that seem like "common sense".
If a license is going to be issued, shouldn't that individual have some training in the "field of knowledge" that the license is being issued for ?

numbskull
11-06-2009, 05:34 PM
You should at least have to past a test on lying and exaggeration I'd think.

Mike P
11-06-2009, 05:38 PM
Geez--are you going to run this nonsense on every website under the sun today? :wall:

Have you posted on Reel-Time yet? Maybe you'll actually get taken seriously there. :doh:

Boy, I can't wait for February, at the rate this place is going now.

tattoobob
11-06-2009, 06:07 PM
Right a book, Saltwater Fishing for Dummies

striprman
11-06-2009, 06:14 PM
I also think it would be a good idea if bait and tackle shops, online "fishing" sites, clubs and "meetings" be required to have any individual purchasing anything fishing related show that they have a license to purchase (bait, tackle, lures..)

striprman
11-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Geez--

Have you posted on Reel-Time yet?

good idea

BigFish
11-06-2009, 06:16 PM
:fence:

JohnnyD
11-06-2009, 06:45 PM
I also think it would be a good idea if bait and tackle shops, online "fishing" sites, clubs and "meetings" be required to have any individual purchasing anything fishing related show that they have a license to purchase (bait, tackle, lures..)

Sounds like you're just antagonizing people about an overwhelmingly frustrating topic.

Only hole with your "point":
never been a test for a freshwater license.

striprman
11-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Sounds like you're just antagonizing people about an overwhelmingly frustrating topic.

Only hole with your "point":
never been a test for a freshwater license.

Make a freshwater and saltwater license as one and require certification.

Jenn
11-06-2009, 11:17 PM
please striprman are you for real? First of all hunting requires weapons ....trapping-well that doesnt really exist anymore and driving? Is there really a need for an explanation to why they have a "test" for these activities?
Fishing hardly falls in the same category....

striprman
11-06-2009, 11:39 PM
please striprman are you for real? First of all hunting requires weapons ....trapping-well that doesnt really exist anymore and driving? Is there really a need for an explanation to why they have a "test" for these activities?
Fishing hardly falls in the same category....

Fishing requires weapons, not firearms. Rods are used to kill fish, I take that as being a weapon of sorts, fillet knifes, fish billys, gaffs...

Will I need a license to jig up a bucket of squid off the pier/causeway or to net some chubs for fluke ?

The Dad Fisherman
11-07-2009, 12:09 AM
I'd be more interested if they Licensed and certified some parents.......some of them need their licenses revoked

JohnR
11-07-2009, 07:37 AM
Hehehehe - Yes, pass a license on KNOWING THE ^$#&*#@^ REGULATIONS

Slipknot
11-07-2009, 09:06 AM
ya, maybe they'll make you watch a boring video like they do at Race Point. I nominate striprman to produce such a qualifying video :alright:

Boy, I can't wait for February, at the rate this place is going now.

is it going THAT badly Mike?