View Full Version : Effing leaves

BEETLE
11-07-2009, 01:19 PM
Picked up acorns this year up the wahzoo for the past month - worst I've seen.....
Now the friekin leaves :smash:
Get done with that then the f-ing snow starts
(ya Raider Ron we know you love the white chit - $ cha -ching $)

Fitting end to a chitty year. Quite unfair I'd say.
rant off..

ProfessorM
11-07-2009, 01:44 PM
LOL. Just finished mowing them up for the 3rd time this fall but it is a spectacular day out there so it wasn't too bad. I hope some people are lucky enough to be out fishing today.

BEETLE
11-07-2009, 01:51 PM
Leaves and snow clearing = huge waste of time + effort.

I miss fishing already :fishin: - gonna be a looooooong winter.

ProfessorM
11-07-2009, 01:54 PM
I compost and also spread all my leaves around all my 100's of Rhododendrons and other shrubs. Nutin better for them . I can't say I look forward to the leaves but they serve, at least for me, a very important gardening bonanza.. Now snow is another issue. I got nutin good to say about that. It sucks.

BEETLE
11-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Yup - Rhodys and Azalias - ect. love that acidic soil :love:
You must get plenty of color in the Spring Professor. :uhuh:

BigFish
11-07-2009, 03:48 PM
What??? We are supposed to rake those things up??? Maybe....if I feel like it.....if Mother Nature fails to blow them down the street!

Raven
11-07-2009, 03:57 PM
run them over

BigFish
11-07-2009, 04:02 PM
I do not like yard work and certainly do not like raking leaves....so here is what I do! I let them all fall.....then I wait until about Turkey Day and whatever is left I will run my mower with the bagger on around the front yard...and thats it!! The backyard is going to have to be cleaned come spring so why do it twice??? I never understood people who rake their yard 2-3 times before all the leaves come down.......just seems counter productive to me but hey...carry on! Just remember......I was fishing while you raked the first couple times!!:rotf2:

ProfessorM
11-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Yup - Rhodys and Azalias - ect. love that acidic soil :love:
You must get plenty of color in the Spring Professor. :uhuh:

at this point it is pretty amazing with most of my stuff being planted 10 to 15 years ago. Not much of my acre that doesn't have something growing on it at this point.

here's a little taste from this past late spring:)

BEETLE
11-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Nice job Professor.

Larry were you just fishing or catching ?

I have the same mindset, leave the majority of it till Spring, problem is the wind piles them pretty high in some places of the house and property, so they have to get done.... (Fire hazard) :smash:

BigFish
11-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Yeah....my front yard almost burst into flames one winter! Caught it just in time!:smash:

And I said fishing which....last time I checked....was better than yard work!

ProfessorM
11-08-2009, 11:00 AM
I fit in both and I like the exercise and fresh air.

Swimmer
11-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Ban leaves.

BigFish
11-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Oh sure....no permit for raking leaves though!!!:smash: